I'm Mormon: want to learn more about the religion?

• Re: I'm Mormon: want to learn more about the religion?

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

ALL actual legitimate Mormon or LDS Marriages are ALWAYS between a man and a woman.

Wrong.

Mormon marriage isn't between a man and a woman.

It's between man, God, and woman (actually man, woman, and God).

Edit: Albeit, and I guess you could see how much of a troll the previous poster is.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

doolie wrote:

LOL, what are you chief of the technicality police?

I think Wikipedia explicitly said a Mormon marriage is between man, woman, and God..

doolie wrote:

Who are you calling a troll?

The previous poster before me.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

Neal wrote:

I think Wikipedia explicitly said a Mormon marriage is between man, woman, and God..

The previous poster before me.

Wikipedia is not a reputable source, and even if it says it's between a man a woman and God that doesn't mean it's not between and a man and a woman. Isn't man and woman part of man, woman and God?
      lol you won't even say outright that you're calling me a troll, thats funny.

doolie wrote:

Wikipedia is not a reputable source,

Wikipedia is not a source.

doolie wrote:

and even if it says it's between a man a woman and God that doesn't mean it's not between and a man and a woman.

Okay, so tell me whom the Mormon marriage is really between.

doolie wrote:

lol you won't even say outright that you're calling me a troll, thats funny.

Neal wrote:

Wikipedia is not a source.

Okay, so tell me whom the Mormon marriage is really between.

If Wikipedia is not a source then why did you say that you used it as the source of you information about Morman marriage?

I never said Morman marriage wasn't between man, woman and God. I said that man and woman are part of that trio, regardless of whether or not God is mentioned.

doolie wrote:

If Wikipedia is not a source then why did you say that you used it as the source of you information about Morman marriage?

No, I never said I used it as a source.

I said:

doolie wrote:

I never said Morman marriage wasn't between man, woman and God.

That's fine, just like I never said you said a Mormon marriage was between man, woman, and God.

doolie wrote:

I said that man and woman are part of that trio, regardless of whether or not God is mentioned.

Or about a Mormon falling in the woods.

Im sorry but what is their message? cause we get alot of american mormons ( i live in N.Ireland coming to our door ...singing. and its like O-K
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

you know sometimes I ask myself the same question and I really don't know why you'd need to date before you're 16, where're you going to go and how are you going to get there? your mom could drive I guess :D

Ha, true true. :p I just don't see why it has to be set in stone that they can not.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year! I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass
      as I go nowhere, and this is my reaction to everything I fear. Cause I've been going crazy, I don't wanna waste another minute here.
      [/CENTER]

Neal wrote:

Wrong.

Mormon marriage isn't between a man and a woman.

It's between man, God, and woman (actually man, woman, and God).

Edit: Albeit, and I guess you could see how much of a troll the previous poster is.

who told you that they get married to god? that's what catholic nuns do but not Mormons, the marriage is confirmed by heavenly father not to him

Most Vicious Pitbull wrote:

Hey buddy! What do you call the people in the mormon church, the ones that are like priests? Are they called priests? And have they ever done sexual bad things with kids?

Not that I can recall, they are called Bishops, if you recall me talking about the FLDS church they have been in the news recently and they have been charged with adultery, I haven't heard anything about it but I'm sure that in every religion there are a few people who slip. The problem with priests and its not their fault is that they are not allowed to get married or have sex. In the mormon/LDS Religion the bishop must be married, I think it even has to be in the temple.

Are mormons evangelists?
      And what are the differences between Mormon-ism? and other christian based religions?

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

no there is another branch of lds people that claim they are part of the same religion but they gay mormons, someday I hope that they will come to understand that their lifestyle is wrong

Are you saying being gay is wrong?

yeh.. singing like hymns. and my mum is like... emm excuse me? and theyre like talking about their religion.
      american guys in suits. xo
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

who told you that they get married to god?

N/A, they don't get married 'to' God.

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

that's what catholic nuns do

Uh, Catholic nuns actually get married?

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

but not Mormons, the marriage is confirmed by heavenly father not to him

Okay, how does God confirm the marriage?

I_M_A_Mormon wrote:

have you ever heard about the logistics of wikipedia?

Yes.

I_MA_Mormon wrote:

I could go write on the Mormon page that no devout mormon goes to church or Neal is a fricken idiot. it's just not reliable at all

And within minutes, a Wikipedia admin (like from WP:AN or WP:ANI) will revert that.

I've been an active member on Wikipedia since 2006, how dumb do you think I am?

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it said "I'm a moron: want to learn about the religion?" I got really confused! haha!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]