Private Education

• Re: Private Education

my sister goes to a private school

i did for a term :P

i didnt feel the quality of education was better. also there was such a focus on exams and results that it, for me, really ruined any creativity or space to think.

not that state education is any different. except that its cheaper

also- a state school means you mix with all groups from everywere in the social scale, and thats a better skill for life, whereas the private school i attended was just rich white boys...
      [CENTER]We Are Living Orwell's Nightmare:[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Come One, Come All, To Nineteen Eighty Four: Three, Two, One, Lights, Camera, Transaction.[/CENTER]

All structured education bores me. We're never allowed to really express ourselves and apply what we learn. I personally haven't really enjoyed high school much at all since its so structured and monotonous with the homework and all.

I think the most I've learned so far is from my engineering school (I go to high school for half the day, engineering for the other half). No homework, almost always working on a project. You actually get to apply all the stuff you learn that thats what really solidified it all in my mind.

I love being given a project, and just being told go do it instead of repeating the same task 80 times. We aren't told how to create and think, but we are told what our creations must do and its up to us to build and get to that goal. I love how different the projects we make all turn out, but have similar functionality.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I go to private school and I'm on scholarship. So no, there aren't only rich kids. I know of many students who don't pay, like me.

I think the level of education is MUCH higher. And most of the students have higher goals and ask more of themselves, which makes me want to be better as well.

For example, one of my best friends nearly cried on friday for getting A- in literature's test and B in physics. And it's considered normal. So when I see that kind of attitude to studies all around me, I as well am not satistied with B's.

Plus, if I studied half of what I do in public school, I'd have been the first in my year. Our teachers demand much more from us. And, I actually am planning on going to yale. In public school, it'd be considered a dream that never will come true, but here, I know that it's very much possible.

And, nearly half of the today's Georgian government studied in our school, so I have friends and classmate's who I know will be high up in couple of years. Having friends in government is always a plus too.

So yeah, that's how I basically feel. By the way, I studied in public school first 6 years and it's my 4th year in private school, so I know what I'm talking about.
      [RIGHT]Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song..You go ahead, let your hair down
      Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, just go ahead, let your hair down.

[/RIGHT]

If you are like getting the highest grades at a state school then If you went to a private school you would be just average. If your parents can afford it great. But you can equally do well at state school If you push yourself, as there is nothing wrong with the education there.

I go to a state school.
      My parents wouldnt have been able to afford to send all 3 of us to private school.
      [LEFT][CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]

Private education is basically just smaller classes so you get more attention from the teacher to learn.

My friend went to state school like me and got all A* and is going to Cambridge or Oxford university now. So it makes no difference, i believe it all depends on the state school's teachers, and you as a person, because everyone has different ways of learning and in state-school that isn't always possible to learn in that way.

My sister goes to private school, and yes she is covering some more advanced stuff at her age than me or my sister did, but she may still only get the same grades we did.

LovetoLive wrote:

If you are like getting the highest grades at a state school then If you went to a private school you would be just average. If your parents can afford it great. But you can equally do well at state school If you push yourself, as there is nothing wrong with the education there.

I go to a state school.
      My parents wouldnt have been able to afford to send all 3 of us to private school.

But a lot of public schools dont offer classes at the level that private schools do. I have to do Independent Studies in some classes (Differential Equations, Calc II, and such) because the public school doesn't offer math classes that high and I've finished the math and science classes my school has to offer that are upper level. A few private schools in the area do apparently.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]