Is it bad to...?

• Re: Is it bad to...?

Most people do experiment at some point.

However, the key to drinking properly is being a responsible. It can all be fun, but you have to remain in control of yourself. You can definitely get hurt and have major regrets when you drink. My old roommate even lost a toe nail when she drank too much! Yuck. At 13, you really aren't old enough to be responsible when you're drinking. Not to mention, the people you're hanging with probably not the kind of responsible people you want to be around when you're feeling less inhibited, huh? Until you're old enough to handle the possible consequences, I'd hold off on drinking.

There's no reason to ever try smoking, to be honest. That's one thing you should avoid. Why would you try it? Everyone else is doing it? To look cool? Just to try it? Hun, it isn't worth it. Smoking is addictive, even if you tell yourself you'll only be a social smoker or something. It's a very unattractive habit for most older people. It ruins your breath, you'll smell of cigarettes. Your teeth get yellowed. Ugh, do I need to mention your lungs? Not to mention the cost of the addiction. There are no positives that come from smoking.

You might be feeling pressure from your peers. But just do what you know is best for you and what will help you get where you want to be. These things are going to hurt your future and health more than they help. Looking cool isn't worth it. You honestly won't even know most of these people in 10 years, don't ruin yourself for them. There are SO many better and healthier ways to have fun.

Audgeee wrote:

However, the key to drinking properly is being a responsible. It can all be fun, but you have to remain in control of yourself. You can definitely get hurt and have major regrets when you drink. My old roommate even lost a toe nail when she drank too much! Yuck. At 13, you really aren't old enough to be responsible when you're drinking. Not to mention, the people you're hanging with probably not the kind of responsible people you want to be around when you're feeling less inhibited, huh? Until you're old enough to handle the possible consequences, I'd hold off on drinking.

There's no reason to ever try smoking, to be honest. That's one thing you should avoid. Why would you try it? Everyone else is doing it? To look cool? Just to try it? Hun, it isn't worth it. Smoking is addictive, even if you tell yourself you'll only be a social smoker or something. It's a very unattractive habit for most older people. It ruins your breath, you'll smell of cigarettes. Your teeth get yellowed. Ugh, do I need to mention your lungs? Not to mention the cost of the addiction. There are no positives that come from smoking.

You might be feeling pressure from your peers. But just do what you know is best for you and what will help you get where you want to be. These things are going to hurt your future and health more than they help. Looking cool isn't worth it. You honestly won't even know most of these people in 10 years, don't ruin yourself for them. There are SO many better and healthier ways to have fun.

Agreed, the Queen demands that you listen to Audgeee's advice.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Bow Down Before The Queen![/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]*Queen Of The Universe*[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

M0RGAN wrote:

So is it bad to experiment with smoking and drinking when you are 13?

Most aged 13 don't think responsibly but most seem to indulge in drinking and smoking out of curiosity. However, in my country Greece the minimum age for drinking alcohol, for example, is 12 and the same for cigarettes. But you will not see Greek teenagers with the sort of alcohol drinking habits as you would in other countries. And though the price of an average packet of cigarettes is 3 Euros (about £2.70), few aged 13 and above don't touch either.

Each country has its own culture. But in mine you will rarely see a teenager legless.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.

we all try it one time or another in our lives so don't feel weird about it
      if anything its suppose to happen.
      but your 13 so you haven't hit the teenage bravado
      where nothing can possibly go wrong.
      wait until your more mature to drink.
      or until preer preasure comes along, when that happens only a sip
      then lose the bottle.
      plus ciggrettes are enjoyable
      dont smoke em if you dont like em.
      to much hassel.
      "Something to relieve the pressures of their everyday life, like having to tie their shoes. "

Most Vicious Pitbull wrote:

If you want to experiment something, try weed, but cigarettes no.

Try weed? she shouldnt really be trying anything. seeing as weed is a drug and all. She could just get addicted to that.
      Personally I say dnt get involved in any of that not drugs or smoking. The odd drink wnt hurt at all, just dnt get stoned every night of the week.
      :}
      xx
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's no worse than doing it at 15 because either way, in a lot of countries your still underage. I first got drunk at 14 and have to say I don't regret it because it taught me that alcohol doesn't agree with my body!
      If you want to do anything stupid then do it while your younger. I'm not advocating getting drunk or smoking but if you get in trouble for it while your younger, people will be more likely to think it's just a phase (and a lot of times it really is).
      [SIZE=3]"If you visit the killing floor of a slaughter house, it will brand your soul for life." :( [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]- Howard Lyman.[/SIZE]

personally i think it is, you don't know how your body will react to drugs and drinking isn't great.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]100% Awesome![/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=5]:ninja: Ninja :ninja:[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Need GBLT Help? PM me I might be able to help out :)[/SIZE][/CENTER]

There isnt such thing as bad or good really... Everything depends on you.
      Id probably agree with most of those who advised you not to, just because its obvious that its not going to do any good to your health, especially at 13. And if your being pressured by others, its not a good thing to do either since you probably will get used to being influenced by others alot. and since your only 13, its not gonna be a good thing once you get older. a "habit" of being under thfe influence and not being ale to make your own decisions is ver very unuseful. seriously) from the experience.
      at the same time, if its your won decision, you are not influenced and yoru just wondering if you made a right choice.. Then if you really do want to experiment, there isnt really a way that you will not do it. I mean, if you feel like doing it, you'll do it sooner or later, no matter what people say.which is a good thing sometimes because at least you know it will be your own mistake - no one else to balme, except yourself.
      and its also the idea of "ugh, im not supposed to do it so i have to". so, id say - try to figure out WHY you want to do it. Do you really want, are you curious, are you pressured in to it?... the most popular case is curiosity id say. if its you too, then again - think carefully, do you really want to?
      if you have any kind of hesitation - please dont do it) as many people said here. ))

If you want to do anything stupid then do it while your younger.

yep. and there is also less chance you'll like it than if you are over 15-16, id say )

Audgeee wrote:

Agreed. Kissing someone who smokes is like putting your face into an ashtray, it's disgusting. Wait till your like 16 to start experimenting drinking, I'm saying this from a country that doesn't have any drinking laws and from experience. Your wayy to pretty to smoke and drink at 13...Don't ruin your future.