Vegetarians!

• Re: Vegetarians!

in april, i stayed with a friend of mine in melbourne .
      now his parents were vegetarians.. but the 3 kids weren't ..
      luckily they lived near a fast food place.. so every night after dinner, we'd run to this fast food place and eat as much meaty stuff as we could .. good times good times.

but if that fast food place wasn't there .. i probably wouldn't have made it back home alive. haha.
      [CENTER][SIZE=5]there is always a rainbow after the storm <3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I've been a vegetarian all my life. I have only ever eaten meat twice in my life. Once when I was at my grandparents house when I was like 7 and my parents weren't there. My granddad made me eat the chicken that was on my plate. It made me physically sick to the stomach to eat it. And the second time was at a friends house when I didn't want to be rude. I threw up after both times, simply because my body wasn't used to having meat in it. My friends mum was like "why didn'y you tell me and I wouldn't have cared" she laughed and from then whenever I stayed she always made me a special meal.

My parents were vegetarian, then my dad got sick and he needed to start eating meat again. My mum took to meat again to support him, but I chose to stay vegetarian. They were vegetarian because they weren't keen on the way the animals were treated and killed. I'm vegetarian because it is how I was bought up. I don't care if you eat meat, I'm not going to lecture you about eating meat, and I expect you to respect that I am vegetarian and not lecture me about it.

I couldn't be a vegan though, I love cheese and milk.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

I haven't actually understud, what's the deal with milk and cheese??
      why don't vegans eat them??

it comes from an animal. taken from an animal

umm for me before i made the switch of life styles i used to be a snack fiend.

now i look at vending machines and frown. :(

and i eat at a restaurant every week after church with my family
      and it's always a spanish restaurant or diner. so i have to special order
      "Something to relieve the pressures of their everyday life, like having to tie their shoes. "

i've been vegetarian about a year. seriously, i never really liked meat, so that played a big part in my becoming a veggie. the way i see it, i don't want animals tortured for my taste buds. also, in the U.S., being vegetarian is healthier than eating meat the way an average American does. i don't care if other people eat meat, but i hate how everybody is constantly lecturing me about it!
      my friends are always asking me why i care, what's so bad about it, etc. but guys, seriously... how does it effect you? i make my choices, you can make yours. stop trying to convince me that i shouldn't care about animals.
      otherwise, it's all good~
      everything's eventual.

coolchrisVV2 wrote:

yea. cause no animals were harmed

it fcking stupefies me how some people would put animals above themselves

I don't think that it's all about putting animals above themselves. They wouldn't want other humans to be caged up and milked, so they wouldn't do the same for animals. It's not about treating animals better than humans, but treating them the same.

Not sure if I agree with that mentality myself though.

coolchrisVV2 wrote:

it comes from an animal. taken from an animal

umm for me before i made the switch of life styles i used to be a snack fiend.

now i look at vending machines and frown. :(

and i eat at a restaurant every week after church with my family
      and it's always a spanish restaurant or diner. so i have to special order

coolchrisVV2 wrote:

yea. cause no animals were harmed

it fcking stupefies me how some people would put animals above themselves

I'm confused, are you vegetarian or not?

elusivexlove wrote:

i've been vegetarian about a year. seriously, i never really liked meat, so that played a big part in my becoming a veggie. the way i see it, i don't want animals tortured for my taste buds. also, in the U.S., being vegetarian is healthier than eating meat the way an average American does. i don't care if other people eat meat, but i hate how everybody is constantly lecturing me about it!
      my friends are always asking me why i care, what's so bad about it, etc. but guys, seriously... how does it effect you? i make my choices, you can make yours. stop trying to convince me that i shouldn't care about animals.
      otherwise, it's all good~

A guy I lived with this year turned vegetarian when I went to the US last year. He said that they amount of meat, and the way they cook it made him not want to eat meat ever again. So he has been vegetarian for like a year.
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

l.a.m.e wrote:

A guy I lived with this year turned vegetarian when I went to the US last year. He said that they amount of meat, and the way they cook it made him not want to eat meat ever again. So he has been vegetarian for like a year.

Yeah, it's disgusting. If you wanna just grab something to eat, the only meat that you can get is either fried or breaded. (and... meat is kinda nasty. anybody! go to any supermarket in chinatown... look at the frozen chicken hearts and stuff, have fun!) one of my friends was eating "chicken" nuggets at mcdonalds... and found a chicken beak in it. eww. X(
      also, about half of my friends complain about how in their households, they have chicken or beef for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day. (two or three of them, on friday nights, eat fish.) it's really really unhealthy.
      so about your friend... good for him!
      everything's eventual.

I admire you for being a vegan. I honestly don't think I could handle being a vegan. I love being vegetarian, but vegan is one step too far for me. But, like I said, I admire vegans for being able to do it.
      [LEFT]
      (626):

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

coolchrisVV2 wrote:

thank you sir. its not that hard of course im saying that with 3 weeks experience. if you could make the switch what not? shit I wasn't even vegetarian before went straight from omnivore to being vegan

that's crazy. i tried that once, caved in like 4 days. i guess you eat a lotta replacement foods? or vitamins/supplements... or both. i just can't stand fake icecream (i tried it once... ugh...) so it's not happening. and fake chocolate! of course. :)
      but you just got my respect! congrats!
      everything's eventual.

that's crazy. i tried that once, caved in like 4 days. i guess you eat a lotta replacement foods? or vitamins/supplements... or both. i just can't stand fake icecream (i tried it once... ugh...) so it's not happening. and fake chocolate! of course.
      but you just got my respect! congrats!

i try.
      soy ice cream isn't bad in my opinion
      what do you mean replacement foods?
      "Something to relieve the pressures of their everyday life, like having to tie their shoes. "