*Insert Catchy Title Here*

• *Insert Catchy Title Here*

Almost a year and a half ago, I started to spend a lot of time talking to a particular girl. The time I've spent with her actually accounts for most of my social interaction; you could say the same about her, regarding me. I used to think the only reason we talked so much was because I clung to her, and somewhat followed her. However, I've tested this by walking farther ahead on the way to class and that kind of thing--to my surprise she made a point to catch up.

As you can probably guess, I really like this girl but have had my reservations about telling her so. Any ideas on how I could break the ice and get into that much needed conversation?
    • Re: *Insert Catchy Title Here*

Just ask her if she has a crush on anyone. because you never know,that might be you. and she would probably just come right out and say it. orrr you can just straight up ask her out. you two have been friends for so long that i doubt there could be an awkward moment between you two over this. There's really nothing you can do to break the ice JUST GO FOR IT :D

The reason I wasn't so sure about why we talked so much was because she's pretty cynical and makes me feel stupid, or unwanted sometimes. This is just her personality, and overall she's very nice to me but when I say certain things it brings on sarcastic comments that I have a hard time not defending myself against. I'm not saying I think I should just never say anything, but I make it to be more than just a joke and that's just me being uptight. So, you can see how conversations would get pretty awkward.

Possibly she's cynical from having a previous relationship, or been badly hurt. Take your time getting to know her. Let her do some of the talking. Listen not just to what she says but how she says it and any body action, like showing a glum face. Then you can ask her why she feels the way she does. Great convos begin with an understanding smile (which can be appealing) and a listening ear. The heart stuff naturally follows. :)

Best,
      Poppi

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.