Pet Problems

• Pet Problems

See the other day i had just got a puppy he is 2 moths old and it is my first dog and i know i always wanted a dog but now that i have one i am some times getting second thoughts about keeping him. And i know that if i take him back or give him away i will start thinking wow i miss the dog. And we all know the saying you dont truly appreciate something till its gone. And i know i have to train him to sit, stay, come, and all that. is this natural for me to be feeling this or do i just have a problem?
    • Re: Pet Problems

TeEnB0P wrote:

See the other day i had just got a puppy he is 2 moths old and it is my first dog and i know i always wanted a dog but now that i have one i am some times getting second thoughts about keeping him. And i know that if i take him back or give him away i will start thinking wow i miss the dog. And we all know the saying you dont truly appreciate something till its gone. And i know i have to train him to sit, stay, come, and all that. is this natural for me to be feeling this or do i just have a problem?

Does he get happy when you get home? You don't have to train him 24/7, but just make sure he listens to you when you say stop. It is normal. Just do not let him run around in the streets. Many psychos out there driving. But good luck with your puppy. Take a picture of it.
    • Re: Pet Problems

There's nothing wrong with you. Sometimes people think they really want a pet and then when they get one, realise how much hard work it's going to be and decide they don't want the responsibility. If you aren't prepared to look after him then take him to the SPCA because as a puppy, he will have a good chance and finding a new home. It's not fair for the dog to live with someone who doesn't really want him.
      [SIZE=3]"If you visit the killing floor of a slaughter house, it will brand your soul for life." :( [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]- Howard Lyman.[/SIZE]
    • I'm a bit late but I believe it can be useful for somebody:

The way I see it, sometimes people think about a thing that they want, and buy or get it immediatelly without looking for more information. For instance, they want a labrador but they don't read about the basics, for example these species need a LOT training, running, space.
      Most of the time, poor pets just want a loving home but their new owner just see the challanges of having a puppy ( or cat, etc..). Yes, it is sometimes challanging, you have to put a lot of time and effort of training your dog because if you don't teach him now what to do and what don't, when he'll be an adult dog, he'll be beyond control. It's just like with children.
      However, I don't blame you or anything, he's your first dog. If you accept a few advice:
      Read articles, books, or watch videos about training/keeping a dog. I hope you have a lot of free time because you need to take care of this little puppy.
      I don't like the idea, when people buy or adopt a dog, in the end, they are not take care of them, just lock them in a little space or lay by the heels, bring them to the shelter.

It is really important, you have to always think about what you want and what will you cost that. It is worth you or you have enough free time for that?
      Just want to make some friends. Feel free to text me! <3