What do I do about my friend?

• What do I do about my friend?

My friend is a great person, but makes some unwise decisions.

I'm really upset because she has sex with people who don't really care about her and then gets overly attached to them.

Well, she slept with a 24 year old. She's 17. And I'm almost positive he just wants her for sex. He has called her at odd hours of the night inviting her over for a booty call, and asked her to send him risque pictures of herself, and pressured her when she said no. But she is convinced that hes a nice guy and actually likes her. I honestly don't want her to ever see this guy again. I don't know what to do.

Help!
    • Re: What do I do about my friend?

Hey Spark,

Is it possible to have a word with you're friend? Explain to her that you are concerned for her well being when it comes to this 24 year old guy. The one thing that alarmed me in this thread was this guy pressured her when she said no? Now, thats not good at all. And, I can clearly see you're concern for you're friend. I think I would be the same way if I had a friend who was in this situation.

Now, it may be possible that this guy does like your friend, but its a small chance. Older guys can be very persuasive, pressurising and 'charming' - and, a young girl like her, will fall for that completely, maybe? So, like I said earlier - have a word with her. Tell her that you are worried about the situation she has found herself in and that you are concerned because you care.

Let us know how you get on, yea?

Support Leader,
      SimpleGirl*

Tell her that you're sorry, and you want to meet him and try to get along with him.
      If you start a relationship with him and try to become his friend,

a) You might realise he's a good guy and he really likes your friend
      or
      b) You can keep a closer eye on him and make sure he doesn't hurt her.
      Hope it works out!

Spark wrote:

My friend is a great person, but makes some unwise decisions.

I'm really upset because she has sex with people who don't really care about her and then gets overly attached to them.

Are you sure she's just a friend? It kinda' sounds like you might be a little jelous as well as worried.

Spark wrote:

Well, she slept with a 24 year old. She's 17. And I'm almost positive he just wants her for sex. He has called her at odd hours of the night inviting her over for a booty call, and asked her to send him risque pictures of herself, and pressured her when she said no. But she is convinced that hes a nice guy and actually likes her. I honestly don't want her to ever see this guy again. I don't know what to do.

Help!

Talk to her, she's your friend she will listen to you.

I do have to say from the things you've said I don't think you're just worried, maybe you wanna' be with her - protect her from all that and make her feel loved.

Tell her that not only is it illegal, but that it is morally wrong and that it will be something she will regret down the road.

You need to try to be-friend this guy, you never know he could be a good guy.

BUT

If you can't get her to change her mind make sure she gets him to wear condoms.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]