This guy is really confusing me..

• This guy is really confusing me..

Hello,
      I know this guy from my bus stop, and we had the same Kindergarten class.. a looong time ago. But basically, he's always being mean to me when people (mainly my friend) and his friends are around, but he's talkative and nice when we're alone together.

On one hand, he's done a lot of nice things for me, like once I lost my keychain-beanie-baby-type-thing on the bus and he found it, carried it around allll day and then gave it back on the bus. (I know he had it all day cause a friend of his told me...) he's also said hi to me a few times in the hall, and laughed honestly at my dumb jokes.. we've also had a lot of good, funny conversations together when we're alone.

But on the OTHER hand, when people he knows are around, he's not very friendly. Mainly his one best friend,.. and when MY friend is around, he's even meaner and tells us that he hates us, we're annoying, etc., although most of his insults are towards my friend, I still get mad when he says that.

Today was weird though, because we were on the bus and my friend started talking to him. Eventually, we got into a "conversation".. and I said said aloud, "The only place I remember him from is my Kindergarten class." Because my friend was talking about knowing him in 6th grade, and he was denying it. But after I mentioned me being in his very first year of school, he got really quiet, got this weird expression on his face and refused to look at me. The thing is, I went to Kindergarten, then was homeschooled from 1st through 8th grade,.. when I first saw him during the beginning of 9th this year, I asked him if he remembered me, and he was around a bunch of his friends and said NO..

We actually had crushes on each other in Kindergarten and kissed on the cheek.. (I know, corny) and now I'm just even more confused.

tl;dr: Basically, he's nice to me when we're alone and mean when we're around his, and mainly, my friend. What is his deal??
    • Re: This guy is really confusing me..

Lots of girls & guys are mean when they like someone.
      Maybe he's flirting with you in a sort of discrete way?

My boyfriend/fiancee/whateverthehellyouwannacallhim was like that with me.
      & now look where we are. :]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I'll make your [SIZE=4]<3[/SIZE] jump[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=3] like you was on c o c a i n e.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

i hate when people do that, hipocrecy in a discrete manner is worst than an open one

unless he is acting like a 4th grader
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]

Most of the time he just tells me and my friend that we're annoying or he hates us, then five minutes later he's really nice. (To me, he's still mean to my friend..)

It's just really irritating, If this is what he calls flirting then I'd hate to see how he treated me as a girlfriend, lol >>;

Eh.
      Highly doubt he'd still act like that as a bf.

He might just be doing it to get your attention.
      Who knows?

Maybe you should ask him why he does it.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I'll make your [SIZE=4]<3[/SIZE] jump[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=3] like you was on c o c a i n e.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

Sometimes she's really insensitive and immature, I doubt she'd even care.

Did you have to confront your boyfriend about how he was acting? Or, did he just finally tell you that he liked you himself?

Because it'd be so hard to confront this guy, he makes me nervous sometimes.

I'm usually pretty good at telling when someone's flirting, so it was a little obvious. XD
      But eventually I did get him to come out & say he liked me. Kind of indirectly.

There was this survey thing on myspace that he filled out for me & it kinda gave it away.

Your friend doesn't sound like she's a very good friend to me, though.
      I'm sure there's a way you could distract her for 5 minutes to ask him, isn't there?

If that doesn't work then just ask him with her around.
      If he still gives the same answer ask him why he still hangs around you & whatnot if he thinks you're so annoying.

Eh, she really isn't. I just have to tolerate her cause we have the same bus stop and none of my other friends live on the island..

But that's a good idea. I just get alittle nervous cause his friends are at our stop too,..
      :/ You know what, I'm just gonna ask him that tomorrow. Just to see his reaction, at least. I'd love to see if he gets caught off-gaurd.

he likes you. lol. he just wants to act cool around his friends. but yeah, he likes you. and he wants your attention. he wants you to notice him. my guess is that when his friends are around, he feels like he's mixed with the crowd and that he wants your attention on him. so he does the things he does just to get you to notice him. its the most discreet way of flirting for a guy ;D. i think... lolol. but yeah. just go 1 on 1 with him when your alone and if your friend butts in, tell her to gtfo. haha. like, ill see you later, and give her a look. i bet she'll understand.
      this is what i think tho. based on your story. so whatever hope it helped!