oh my god. need someones opinion...

• oh my god. need someones opinion...

Alright, theres a guy at my school who i think is kinda good lookng (i'm not jumping to the conclusion i'm gay, but...). The only problem is that he's a senior, and i'm a sophomore (somewhat of an age difference) and he has a so called "girlfriend" who he thinks is loyal to him (and my sister even told him shes been cheating on him, it's just its his first actual girlfriend) and even i've even seen her with other guys. TWO OTHER GUYS. IN THE SAME WEEK. but, what i wanted to know was this, i like him, and idk if he likes me back. i've seen him have his "fairy moments" and in basketball practice, he moved and touched my crotch, but didn't have the reaction a straight guy would have. furthermore, everyone believes he is gay, at the very least bi, and he denies it, but gives a strange smile. i've caught him looking at me, and when he's not looking, i look at him, and i find him amazing. he's got hot abs you could crack an egg on and cook, and hes got an amazing personality. he's hardworking, diligent, smart, all around a good person. i used to think about him all the time at night to the point where i made myself believe he would never like me, so i got depressed. i put these feelings aside for a while and just did my schoolwork, until i eventually forgot them. but a few weeks ago the came out like never before. the bad thing is that he's leaving this june to go to college, and i'll be stuck away from him. i'd love to tell him these feelings, but what if he really is straight? or what if he rejects me? i just feel like i want him so bad at times. we used to have the same classes last year, and he made them amazing. i would just think about him, and watch him, but i quickly had to forget because my grades dropped a bit. when he's near me, i feel a funny sensation in my stomach, and i feel like i'm walking on air. i feel really warm, and when we make eye contact, it's unbearable (in a good way). i just want to be with him and i dream about him often. i stilll don't think i'm gay, i like girls too, and i suppose i'd be willing to acdept i'm bi but it's just frustrating trying to make up my mind. i need some help and advice. please. is this just a phase or what? it kinda hurts sometimes too. everyone says that we're alike in so many ways too, almost as if we were meant to be twins or something.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iamivabe1992 ().

• Re: oh my god. need someones opinion...

Don't rush into labeling yourself. It's not about whether you're "gay" or "bi" or "straight." It could be just a phase, but I doubt it because your feelings are so strong.

The odds seem to be in your favor that he's gay or bi, however. You need to reconcile your feelings somehow before he leaves or they will continue to linger. Ideally, the best way to do that would be to tell him how you feel. You can see if he feels the same way, or not. Even if worse comes to worse, and he doesn't like you, you'll know and hopefully be able to move on more easily.

So, my suggestion is to just be honest with him. Tell him not only how you feel, but that you think he's a great friend, nice person, etc.
      [SIZE=2]:freehugs::hugs::freehugs::hugs:[/SIZE]

if you decide to talk to him about it, i recommend instant messaging, even email. whether he's in the closet or straight, a face to face conversation could be awkward, and he would be more likely to lie. over the internet, he would have time to process what you're saying and decide how to respond. also he wouldnt be afraid of other people overhearing. good luck whatever you decide.

ha maybe it's just a "mancrush" I'm straight and I've had those when for some reason there's a guy you just wanna be around all the time or think is just an amazing person in my experience they go away but if you feel that strongly about it talk to him

iamivabe1992 wrote:

Alright, theres a guy at my school who i think is kinda good lookng (i'm not jumping to the conclusion i'm gay, but...). The only problem is that he's a senior, and i'm a sophomore (somewhat of an age difference) and he has a so called "girlfriend" who he thinks is loyal to him (and my sister even told him shes been cheating on him, it's just its his first actual girlfriend) and even i've even seen her with other guys. TWO OTHER GUYS. IN THE SAME WEEK. but, what i wanted to know was this, i like him, and idk if he likes me back. i've seen him have his "fairy moments" and in basketball practice, he moved and touched my crotch, but didn't have the reaction a straight guy would have. furthermore, everyone believes he is gay, at the very least bi, and he denies it, but gives a strange smile. i've caught him looking at me, and when he's not looking, i look at him, and i find him amazing. he's got hot abs you could crack an egg on and cook, and hes got an amazing personality. he's hardworking, diligent, smart, all around a good person. i used to think about him all the time at night to the point where i made myself believe he would never like me, so i got depressed. i put these feelings aside for a while and just did my schoolwork, until i eventually forgot them. but a few weeks ago the came out like never before. the bad thing is that he's leaving this june to go to college, and i'll be stuck away from him. i'd love to tell him these feelings, but what if he really is straight? or what if he rejects me? i just feel like i want him so bad at times. we used to have the same classes last year, and he made them amazing. i would just think about him, and watch him, but i quickly had to forget because my grades dropped a bit. when he's near me, i feel a funny sensation in my stomach, and i feel like i'm walking on air. i feel really warm, and when we make eye contact, it's unbearable (in a good way). i just want to be with him and i dream about him often. i stilll don't think i'm gay, i like girls too, and i suppose i'd be willing to acdept i'm bi but it's just frustrating trying to make up my mind. i need some help and advice. please. is this just a phase or what? it kinda hurts sometimes too. everyone says that we're alike in so many ways too, almost as if we were meant to be twins or something.

awwww. honestly I'm not sure. it sounds liek your in love with this boy. :) which is really cute. I think you are bi and need to accept it. listen hun, if you ask him to be with you or at least talk about how you feel to him, there are 2 possibilities. you two get together and everything goes all right and you find ways to continue seeing each other and have a happy relationship...or he rejects you, whether it be kindly or hostile...you'll feel like you want to die.

the choice is yours. just know that if things go bad, you can count on me to be here and help. :)
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)

haha. i think the chinese are with me on this one. it's FREAKY. i went out to chinese with two of my friends today and my fortune...guess what it was? Life is a gamble - so roll the dice and if everyone saw my post on the What would you define this as? in Teen Sexuality, the Learn Chinese part was beer. that brightened my day up alot, but it also made me seriously think about him too.

You've jumped to a couple of assumptions:

- You assume that he is gay because he has 'fairy moments' and he touched your crotch and didn't react like a straight person.

Guys can act camp without having an interest sexually with the same gender. Men who are comfortable with their sexuality often have no problem acting how they wish to, which often causes rumours to sprout.

- You assume that his girlfriend is cheating because you've seen her hanging out with two other guys.

It's not illegal for girls to talk to other guys while they are dating a guy. Unless when you said that you've "seen her with other guys" you meant you actually saw them touching in an inappropriate way or kissing, you have no proof that they're doing the dirty.

- You said that he is leaving in June for college.

Even if he is 'The One' and you are in love with him, I'm afraid at some point his future is going to take priority over his love life and he'll do what he sees is best for him in the long run; especially if he is as intelligent as you have portrayed him.

I'm not saying give up on this guy, but from the looks of things it may be difficult to mantain a relationship closer than a friendship. I'd imagine the age gap would probably pose a big problem, if he's at the age when he's disappearing off to college, he'll probably be expecting more than love letters and kisses and I expect homosexual sex is illegal until 18.

Also, as he's going to college he'll probably want to try a lot of new things. If his relationship with his girlfriend falls through then he may see it as a chance to venture out and have fun with more people, which is pretty much what College is about.

I wouldn't get too caught up over this guy or even over the feelings you're having. You don't want to assume you're attracted to men over one infatuation, only to find once you get with a guy that it doesn't really tickle your fancy.

Iaretehfush wrote:

You've jumped to a couple of assumptions:

- You assume that he is gay because he has 'fairy moments' and he touched your crotch and didn't react like a straight person.

Guys can act camp without having an interest sexually with the same gender. Men who are comfortable with their sexuality often have no problem acting how they wish to, which often causes rumours to sprout.

that i know perfectly well. however, if you actually met him in person, you thoughts would wonder

Iaretehfush wrote:

- You assume that his girlfriend is cheating because you've seen her hanging out with two other guys.

It's not illegal for girls to talk to other guys while they are dating a guy. Unless when you said that you've "seen her with other guys" you meant you actually saw them touching in an inappropriate way or kissing, you have no proof that they're doing the dirty.
      hmm, lets see, i saw her in binghamton (the closest city near me) holding another guys hand, very close. i also saw her carrying bags from the clothing stores. that makes me think that he bought clothes for her. furthermore, the second guy i saw at our Bell Game (it's a tradition between my town and our rival, a serious football game) supposedly watching him play, but nope, she was in the other stands sitting right next to a different guy, occasionally giving kisses. does that sound like cheating to you?

Iaretehfush wrote:

- You said that he is leaving in June for college.

Iaretehfush wrote:

Even if he is 'The One' and you are in love with him, I'm afraid at some point his future is going to take priority over his love life and he'll do what he sees is best for him in the long run; especially if he is as intelligent as you have portrayed him.
      that is true, and i never said that he is 'The One' i just find him attractive. and i know that he would do exactly that.

Iaretehfush wrote:

I'm not saying give up on this guy, but from the looks of things it may be difficult to mantain a relationship closer than a friendship. I'd imagine the age gap would probably pose a big problem, if he's at the age when he's disappearing off to college, he'll probably be expecting more than love letters and kisses and I expect homosexual sex is illegal until 18.
      he would expect more than 'love letters' which even i have grown out of. and no matter what sex it is, it is illegal for anyone 18 and over to have sex with someone under 18. just thought you should know that

Iaretehfush wrote:

Also, as he's going to college he'll probably want to try a lot of new things. If his relationship with his girlfriend falls through then he may see it as a chance to venture out and have fun with more people, which is pretty much what College is about.
      that is very true. I cannot disagree there

Iaretehfush wrote:

I wouldn't get too caught up over this guy or even over the feelings you're having. You don't want to assume you're attracted to men over one infatuation, only to find once you get with a guy that it doesn't really tickle your fancy.
      you are the first one to address this as just a phase, answering one of my questions.

thanks for your input.

iamivabe1992 wrote:

that i know perfectly well. however, if you actually met him in person, you thoughts would wonder

Fair enough, unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to meet him.

iamivabe1992 wrote:

hmm, lets see, i saw her in binghamton (the closest city near me) holding another guys hand, very close. i also saw her carrying bags from the clothing stores. that makes me think that he bought clothes for her. furthermore, the second guy i saw at our Bell Game (it's a tradition between my town and our rival, a serious football game) supposedly watching him play, but nope, she was in the other stands sitting right next to a different guy, occasionally giving kisses. does that sound like cheating to you?

Yes, of course it does, but you didn't specify this in your original post.

iamivabe1992 wrote:

he would expect more than 'love letters' which even i have grown out of. and no matter what sex it is, it is illegal for anyone 18 and over to have sex with someone under 18. just thought you should know that

Firstly, I didn't mean that you shouldn't stop using love letters. They never grow old and are a beautiful way of expressing feelings. I was just saying that he would expect them and more.

Secondly, I live in England, we have different laws, our age of consent is lower.

I'm glad I was of some help.

Iaretehfush wrote:

Fair enough, unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to meet him.

Yes, of course it does, but you didn't specify this in your original post.
      oh, i thought cheating meant cheating. sorry

Iaretehfush wrote:

Firstly, I didn't mean that you shouldn't stop using love letters. They never grow old and are a beautiful way of expressing feelings. I was just saying that he would expect them and more.

well, i never sent him a love letter, if thats what you meant, but if you didn't, i seriously doubt i will

Iaretehfush wrote:

Secondly, I live in England, we have different laws, our age of consent is lower.
      hmm. thats understandale and frustrating. they have laws restricitng homosexual sex? (to an age) and the age of consent for heterosexual is lower? thats unfair

Iaretehfush wrote:

I'm glad I was of some help.

you can always be happy knowing you helped someone in some way. unless it is when they seriously harm themselves or others i.e suicide etc.
      We sing the Death Song kids
      Because we've got no future...
      And we want to be just like you...

iamivabe1992 wrote:

I think you should try to look elsewhere for love. Its hard to avoid obsessing about someone u like so much. But I think that since hes leaving in June itd be better for you to find another guy. Theres plenty of fish in the sea (maybe not all gay fish..)

If you tell him how u feel u risk getting hurt emotionaly becuase he may shoot u down. OR if he shares your feelings (or is gay) he is leaving in June which would rlly suck. Tons of highschool relationships r fucked up cuase of college. I know from personal experience and it sucks ;(

If you realy want to talk to him then I think runner had some good advice.

if you decide to talk to him about it, i recommend instant messaging, even email. whether he's in the closet or straight, a face to face conversation could be awkward, and he would be more likely to lie. over the internet, he would have time to process what you're saying and decide how to respond. also he wouldnt be afraid of other people overhearing. good luck whatever you decide.

Don't worry about what you are, just go with your gut. Although whether or not you're gay (or bi), I would hope you'd be okay with accepting your own sexuality (and that of anyone else for that matter) no matter what it happens to be. As for him, I don't know... I guess you guys could keep in touch via the Internet or something while he's in college? For now, wait until he isn't worried about his girlfriend anymore until you tell him how you feel. Anyway, good luck with him, but as I'm sure you know there will be others if you can't seem to get in touch with him or start a relationship with him. And don't worry about the age difference--sometimes people are just plain right for each other.
      [FONT="Garamond"]
      [SIZE="4"]I will compose until I decompose. :p[/SIZE]
      [/FONT]