Self-Confidence.

• Self-Confidence.

Hey.

Was wondering if anyone had any tips to help keep up self-confidence.

Everytime I gain some confidence in myself its slowly taken apart as the day goes on.

I'd go into more detail, but then i'd just rant until no ends.:rolleyes:
      I’ve come to realize,
      with every little glimpse you fade.
      I was told that I could fly.
      When least expected - cloud connected.
    • Re: Self-Confidence.

Its not a theory though?

Basically I can't stand everyone staring at me and thinking i'm weird because i'm not the most outgoing person and I have a few health problems that can't be helped. I try to be as normal as possible and it works until. People have sly digs at me, it effects any confidence that I had gained from other aspects of life during the day. This ruins the day and makes me feel like shite for any thing else I do and makes me fear things.
      I’ve come to realize,

Plink wrote:

I'm a guy so heres how I keep my confidence up.

Over the past few years I've been building it up. Just doing many different things. Confidence for me has just been breaking the mold and breaking barriers. Hope that helps

Cheers, really thats what i'm trying to achieve.
      Instead of fearing everything that life throws at me and treat it as something exicting.

I just keep on being brought down by others though, thats the problem.
      A way to avoid and not be affected by the arrogance and hypocrisy of others?
      I’ve come to realize,

AudereEstFacere wrote:

Cheers, really thats what i'm trying to achieve.
      Instead of fearing everything that life throws at me and treat it as something exicting.

I just keep on being brought down by others though, thats the problem.
      A way to avoid and not be affected by the arrogance and hypocrisy of others?

Hey nice to see that I'm on the same journey as you.

For now, my way of dealing with other people trying to let you down is fake the confidence. I know that I have worked so hard and got good outcomes so why get let down by others? they should know better.

Unfortunately, this kind of feeling is not permanent. I have to keep working on those stuff to keep that kind of mindset in my mind which is hard when your lifestyle isn't congruent with what you pretend yourself to be.

Learn/do something new. Used to be crap at sports when I was younger, got the piss taken out of me for being a nerd, that sort of thing. Decided that I would get better at sports than the 'sporty' people. A lot of dedication and a few years later there I was.

Smarter and fitter than all of them. That increased my ego... Knowing that I was better at everything than them.

S1919 wrote:

Learn/do something new. Used to be crap at sports when I was younger, got the piss taken out of me for being a nerd, that sort of thing. Decided that I would get better at sports than the 'sporty' people. A lot of dedication and a few years later there I was.

Smarter and fitter than all of them. That increased my ego... Knowing that I was better at everything than them.

I'm actaully gonna give that a go, what this something new may be i'm not so sure yet haha.:)
      I’ve come to realize,

Cynic17 wrote:

Hey nice to see that I'm on the same journey as you.

For now, my way of dealing with other people trying to let you down is fake the confidence. I know that I have worked so hard and got good outcomes so why get let down by others? they should know better.

Unfortunately, this kind of feeling is not permanent. I have to keep working on those stuff to keep that kind of mindset in my mind which is hard when your lifestyle isn't congruent with what you pretend yourself to be.

I know what you mean, its good to fake confidence in some situations and be less yourself.

Really its just to aim for being confident and be yourself 100%.:D
      I’ve come to realize,

I agree with Cynic17, fake it 'till you make it. :)
      Even if you aren't confident, faking it will make others think you are and make them feel like their attempts to bring you down weren't successful and that will knock THEIR confidence.

In my experience, after faking self-confidence for a while it turns into real confidence because I got used to acting that way and then started thinking that way as well. Maybe the same will happen for you.
      If someone tries to bring you down then smile, laugh, or do/say something else that makes it look like your calm and really don't give a crap what they think. They'll be the ones getting defensive then lol.
      [SIZE=3]"If you visit the killing floor of a slaughter house, it will brand your soul for life." :( [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]- Howard Lyman.[/SIZE]

Whatever you do during your day, just praise it and give yourself a hand (not literally.) I have a problem with my confidence as well, but what I always do is that I always tell myself that I'm good to go and I always stay positive. As long as you know that you're good at something, then it'll fall into place.

Remember to be positive.

armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

take everything in your stride :]
      you said you got a few health problems well you sound nice & i bet some people who think their great arent as nice as you r!.
      also laugh, LAUGHH.
      it really doesnt matter if you look a twit they i do, its a great confidence booster walkin down the corridor with your friends.xx
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DontBother wrote:

The best kind of self confidence that works for me, is not giving a fuck what people think of you. I bet 80% of people that I've met think that I'm a complete asshole.. And you know what? They can fucking choke on it :)

you know for a while i have tired the not caring about anyone. e.g if they rude to you, moody, the things they say. dont care. and honestly this is the best thing to do. stop caring about the things that may affect you in any way.

its only been a month since i started doing this and i feel happier and i feel great about myself even though there are people who make sly digs at my appearence still when you have too many problems like family friends school like me etc then when you stop caring about the things people say it doesnt affect you at all.

people comments i change it into a joke instead of going on flip mode and or i just dont listen to them i dooze off into my own world and think about things i wanna do in like and stuff etc. or i jus say i dont care because i dont.

im not bothered about friends anymore either i know it seems harsh but when my friends are being bitchy or moody i just dont care a part of me always keeps me from getting involved.

im always laughing instead of getting upset by little things. its wicked. ;)
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Courage is when you stand up for what's right, even if means being an outcast! [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=3]=============[/SIZE][/CENTER]