depression and suicide

• depression and suicide

after a few terrible months events in my life have been getting progressively worse. i'm only 14 and i already have thoughts of suicide. i really dont want to and i dont think i will but i still think about it sometimes. and i'm clinically depressed and i have been for a year or two. yesterday night was extremely bad and i was very close to cutting myself but i didnt. idk what to do. i really want to switch schools and just start over. but i think thats being selfish. is it selfish? :(
    • Re: depression and suicide

Hi I can totally relate to what ur saying. U r definitely NOT being selfish, ur welfare is more important than anything! I'm sixteen and was diagnosed with clinical depression, but it's gradually improving although it's slow (i never thought it would though). You need to tackle what is the cause(or adding) to ur depression, if it's school then u should change school, as it's not like u only have a few months left, u have 2 years or so. i was actually advised to leave school even though i was in my last year, ur welfare is way more important than education. I was close to suicide at that point, my "friends" were not surportive at all, most people just don't understand it.
      But please don't harm urself, i know exactly how u feel. Just remember u r living ur live for u, no one else. it does not matter what people think of you, it only maters what u think of ur self. You need to do stuff that will improve ur live and make u happy. i hope that helped :)

Its never a good idea to physically harm yourself, such as cutting, so NEVER do that. But 90% of all teenagers will have had thoughts of suicide by the time they turn 18, so thats not all such a bad thing, but it is not good to act them out. A good way to help is mend fences, if there is anyone at school you dislike try and get back on their goodside, and this may sound kind of corny or whatever, but try and get a boyfriend/girlfriend.

The point of the matter is; you didn't.
      Doesn't that show you how much power you have? How strong you are?
      You're a lot stronger than you realise.

It's normal to have suicidal thoughts, most people do.
      You're not alone, trust me.
      Is there anyone you can talk to? Get your feelings out of your system.

I don't agree that getting a bf/gf will help, really. :/

Life is a funny thing isn't it. But as the person above said it's not you who will pay if you end it. Without sounding too depresive your parents would hate themselves if you did it, time would move on and, you'd get a bench at school with your name on it. But you're worth much more than a bench.

There must be some things that you like about yourself. And even if you could only think of one thing then thats still one thing.

Think of the bastards at school, the "in crowd", the idiots who think they're better than everyone, ask yourself, would you want to be one of them? I wouldn't.

The thing I pride myself in is being "Nice". I get upset sometimes, but I bring myself up again because I am nice, and I love it.

As much as "Getting a bf/gf" might help. Sometimes it's not that simple, but believeing in yourself, staying strong and not doing things to yourself makes you a better person than the idiots who might think that they're actually better than you.