Atheists: What are they to you?

• Re: Atheists: What are they to you?

People seem to forget that God and religion aren't one. :)

That said, I'm in NO way religious. Voltaire, an Enlightenment philosopher once said that "Christianity is the most morally enlightened religion of all current ideologies..." and that although he himself was not religious, he was a Deist. Jesus of Nazareth was a moral genius, there's no doubt...and an anti-culturalist for His time. Most Christians really aren't the good Christians, those that fundamentally adhere to the Sermon on the Mount of Jesus Christ that is. You know that cliche phrase by Ghandi? "I like your Christ, but I dislike your Christians..."

Regardless, people can believe what they want and SHOULD. But let's not forget our moral and cultural principles that define humanity. :)

When commenting on a Joke forum. ;)Sieg Heil like an iron fascist fist, mein Fuhrer. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yuki ().

I also forgot to include this in my post:

I could care less if people believe in this or that. I don't go around saying anybody is stupid or anything if they are a certain religion, race, or sexuality. I actually think church groups are pretty cool, teens hanging out talking about teenage stuff, and aside from it being called a church group, religion doesn't even play a role.. So, with that all said.. I am atheist because its what I believe in and I respect what everyone else chooses to believe in..
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DoodLPK wrote:

I'm atheist.. Its just how I think.. I would like to believe that I am in control of what I do.. I am also a little bit .. anti-church because of everything in history and of today, how one man's opinion can change the way thousands, if not millions, of people's opinions.. Also, religion has caused tons of conflicts, more than anti-religion.
      Also, religion causes so many restrictions. Take Prop 8 in California, for example. The reason it was not passed was because of the church, referring to the anti-homosexual areas of it. Limiting the rights of people being discriminated not unlike Hispanics, Chinese, or African-Americans have been..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an uneducated version in the area of religion, I have read the different versions, including the bible as a whole starting at King James' version of The Genisis. Its just I choose not to believe it because no one was there, it was the prophets hundreds of years later..

Anywho, thats my Californian two cents..
      I read this once, twice, and a third time; thus far, I've yet to find a passage that explains why you don't believe in god.

You don't like the church? Brilliant. You don't like religion? Brilliant. You believe the Bible is inaccurate? Brilliant.

Why don't you believe a GOD exists? You seem to be under the impression that in order to believe in a god or higher power, you must align yourself with some sort of religion.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

I read this once, twice, and a third time; thus far, I've yet to find a passage that explains why you don't believe in god.

You don't like the church? Brilliant. You don't like religion? Brilliant. You believe the Bible is inaccurate? Brilliant.

Why don't you believe a GOD exists? You seem to be under the impression that in order to believe in a god or higher power, you must align yourself with some sort of religion.

I do not believe in God because I have yet to have received some impression that led my thought process to a higher power.. I'm the type who likes evidence, and I know that, if I must take a leap to believe in something, I would, but I just flat out don't believe in a higher power.. In my opinion, I believe God is a myth.. And my reason for not believing in Him is the same reason some people do believe in Him, a gut feeling or a type of sixth sense they get every now and then.. I just have a feeling that it isn't all its made out to be..
      However, I do like the idea of a God, some higher power that controls someones destiny to a better (or worse) place.. And every now and then I do get an odd moment of praying for something out of hope that it might change something, but deep down I don't believe that what I say or think is going anywhere besides the distance those sound waves travel before they get covered up by other sounds..
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DoodLPK wrote:

I do not believe in God because I have yet to have received some impression that led my thought process to a higher power.. I'm the type who likes evidence, and I know that, if I must take a leap to believe in something, I would, but I just flat out don't believe in a higher power.. In my opinion, I believe God is a myth.. And my reason for not believing in Him is the same reason some people do believe in Him, a gut feeling or a type of sixth sense they get every now and then.. I just have a feeling that it isn't all its made out to be..
      However, I do like the idea of a God, some higher power that controls someones destiny to a better (or worse) place.. And every now and then I do get an odd moment of praying for something out of hope that it might change something, but deep down I don't believe that what I say or think is going anywhere besides the distance those sound waves travel before they get covered up by other sounds..
      There are different types of evidence. Empirical, logical, philosophical, etc.

A sixth sense? And the people who have a sixth sense that god does exist? Somebody has to be wrong; the concept of god is going to require more contemplation than a sixth sense.

Lastly, if god does exist, he doesn't "need" to control one's destiny. Deists believe that god created everything and basically left.

I do not believe in god because I just don't think he is there.

So, without further adue, my opinion has been stated and will remain so because it is mine. I do not need to explain any further because everything you need to know is up top.
      These are my views.. There really isn't a right or a wrong to ones opinion..
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'd say if somebody doesn't believe in god, then yes, they don't believe he's there. That doesn't really relate as to why you don't believe in something.

Of course your opinion was stated; we wouldn't be having this conversation if you were naming off facts.

I read what you had up top, and you were rather vague in your reasoning.

Yuki wrote:

NO, I'm simply saying that religion itself was eliminated from the ideologies of several political parties.

, were all murdered and eliminated. Most notoriously during the Cold War Era.

so all Jews, Christians, Muslims, w/e are now gone 4ever//?

rehughiuerhgiurwhgiuwerh4gusrhtguer nah bro
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

cigar

VenomX wrote:

In tilted? Huh? I think entitled fits in the sentence better. And you're just another one of those people that just thinks we should accept everyone's beliefs? Uh, why? Care to elaborate for me? This discussion would be pointless, if we just all accepted each other's opinions.

I made a spelling mistake, fucking sue me.

Why accept others beliefs? Because we don't have a choice,w ell I guess we do, but what are you going to do if you don't accept someones beliefs? Try to convert them? Kill them? Care to elaborate?

Fucking joker.
      This is the best signature in the world.

[NorthernLegend];1213791 wrote:

I made a spelling mistake, fucking sue me.

You bumped a topic just for this?

[NorthernLegend];1213791 wrote:

Why accept others beliefs? Because we don't have a choice,

How do we not have a choice?

[NorthernLegend] wrote:

w ell I guess we do, but what are you going to do if you don't accept someones beliefs?

This question is similar to "What are you going to do if you wake up 1 day and your favorite ice cream flavor changed."

[NorthernLegend] wrote:

Try to convert them? Kill them? Care to elaborate?

Fucking joker.

You haven't answered or address his questions, why should he answer yours?

Sigh.

His questions were:

Question 1:

And you're just another one of those people that just thinks we should accept everyone's beliefs?

Question 2 and 3:

Uh, why? Care to elaborate for me?

You have not answered or addressed any of those questions. In addition, I have another question for you. Do you think that turning his question around back to him solves it? Do you think that turning questions back to him excuses you from answering them?

All you can make is "I can choose to not answe questions, but still ask them," argument.

And his conclusion:

This discussion would be pointless, if we just all accepted each other's opinions.

Do you agree with this or disagree with this?

Neal C.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

Neal wrote:

You bumped a topic just for this?

How do we not have a choice?

This question is similar to "What are you going to do if you wake up 1 day and your favorite ice cream flavor changed."

You haven't answered or address his questions, why should he answer yours?

Sigh.

His questions were:

Question 1:

And you're just another one of those people that just thinks we should accept everyone's beliefs?

Question 2 and 3:

Uh, why? Care to elaborate for me?

You have not answered or addressed any of those questions. In addition, I have another question for you. Do you think that turning his question around back to him solves it? Do you think that turning questions back to him excuses you from answering them?

All you can make is "I can choose to not answe questions, but still ask them," argument.

And his conclusion:

This discussion would be pointless, if we just all accepted each other's opinions.

Do you agree with this or disagree with this?

Neal C.

I have a question for you. Do you have a fucking life?

I have nothing against atheism.

I use to be an atheist, but I saw/went through some things that changed my outlook and opinion on certain subjects.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

An Atheist is the same as anyone else... A human, and deserves to be treated like everyone else. Even though you may have you disagreements it does not mean you cannot get along.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

Kilbykins wrote:

Leave Neal alone, just because he made a point you have to attack him? Why is this?

What point did he make?

Somebody made a stupid post directed at me, and I replied. Than mister intelligent comes in berating me for pointlessly bumping a thread when he is doing the exact same thing.