Loss of direction

• Loss of direction

I'm really not sure where this would be supposed to go, but I find a lot of it to belong here, so here goes:

I got a phone call earlier today. Brittany, the girl who I'm desparately in love with, calls to tell me she was just released from a mental hospital after being released 3 days ago from the ER for attempted suicide. Obviously and thankfully she didn't succeed. But her tone of voice was different and I could barely tell what was going through her head, and what was going on those 3 days I had no clue until that moment. Her mom, who hates me (she does, she told Brittany herself) went through all of her messages that I sent to her, and that only reinforced her distaste for me. I don't believe I've done anything wrong to her. A little background could explain why.

Brittany has a boyfriend. I first met the both of them around 2.5 months ago, and after after 2 weeks of knowing her I had become one of her best friends and got her to cheat on her boyfriend. Personally I didn't feel too bad but she did at the time, but after almost 2 more months, we've really moved past that and she realized that I was the one she loved. Also, during that time, I kissed her in front of her boyfriend at homecoming and was singled out by him (which went rather well because I could tell he was intimidated) but when I asked her to dump him for me she couldn't do it, for reasons being guilt, and she honestly couldn't make up her mind between us. That night I hit it off with a girl Cassidy who I've now been going out with about a month. We both cheat on our boyfriend/girlfriend for each other but neither of us can bring ourselves to break it off, mainly because I do, in fact, love my girlfriend, AS WELL AS Brittany.

Recently she's become more and more depressed seeing me with her at school, and I try to give her attention and reassurance that I still love her the same way I always have. Time has only been adding roadblocks, however. Her mom won't let me see her, my new job eliminates most of my time during the week, hanging out with my girlfriend (who almost broke up with me because I spend too much time with Brittany), and other assorted reasons. I can't stand to see her that way. For the whole extent of those 3 days she was not allowed to get in touch with me, primarily me, however her boyfriend did show up. And the first words out of her mom's mouth: "See? Your boyfriend's here. Where's Sean?" That made me FURIOUS. Her mother, who caused her to end up where she was, having the nerve to call me out on not being there for her when I would have given anything to see her or to talk to her if only I had KNOWN what was going on, which she prevented me from.

And now I'm at a loss of how to cope. I know most of this is wrong and shouldn't have even occured, shouldn't have reached the point it did. But this is like a math problem that I can't even figure out the first step of how to solve it. Any suggestions would be nice, however criticism for going about things the way I did would not be welcome...I think I've realized that myself.
    • Re: Loss of direction

I think you really need to talk to her and tell her that you wanted to be there. Explain the situation to her. You can't have her and your girlfriend, just as she can't have you and her boyfriend, unless it's purely a friendship. It's not fair to anybody. If you two really love each other and care about each other then you'd be together.
      hope this helped :)

Support Leader,

Jasmine
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

r0ck3rnst wrote:

I've been able to get away with having them both. I love the both of them and they know it. I suppose it's just being selfish or greedy, in a way, but none of it FEELS wrong.

Well, yes it's possible to get away with it. Can you honestly say you love them both the same, that there isn't one you love and want to be with more than the other? Maybe it doesn't feel wrong because you're blinded by your emotions. You have two people that you love, so it's like 'how could it be wrong'. It's just not fair to any of you. You can't fully be together because you have your gf and she has her bf. The gf and bf can't be happy because they're being cheated on and not letting go to find others that won't cheat on them. Of course, this is just my opinion. I think you should think about what it is you really want.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Sort of, I'd like to hear something other than I'm just being an ass like all their friends think I'm being, no one really KNOWS about it, but would one option be healthier than the other, should I run away from one, or both, or is it fine the way it is, or what?