I Don't Understand

• I Don't Understand

i lost all of my friends when i got back from teh mental hospital. im sorry for making this because i doubt anyone will care since you guys dont really know me but im feeling so suicidal
      We must live within our sacred truth.
      It is not our responsibility to prove to people WHO WE ARE.
      Our job and responsibility is to BE.
      Our actions are PROOF of who we are.
    • Re: I Don't Understand

Friends, those aren't friends. They are misled, most think of people going to the mental hospital as some sort of inhuman thing. But you know it's not true, and I suggest you get real friends. Ones that will be there with you, thin and thick. And will not care what your past is, but cares about your future and the present. Don't kill yourself, and move on.

You may read this and be like, yea easy for him to say. Well you know what it's not easy, I know, you could read this and you might think it makes sense but you're scared it won't work. The best thing to do is try, use your brain not your feelings. Feelings are important but it gets in the way too much. I know that you may or may not follow my "move on" advice well here's the thing: Your not alone.

Many others get advice and don't act on it, and your no the only one like that. It could be hard to find others but there's definitely people like you. Left by their 'friends' for something that is trivial, like that. again just move on ok, find friends who don't care. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here easily reached by PM.
      [CENTER]Future Rifleman of the Marine Corps!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Saepius Exertus ||| Semper Fidelis ||| Frater Infinitas
      [/CENTER]

Hey there unknownann,

What do you mean when you say you've lost all your friends? Have they said they don't want to be your friend anymore? Is it possible they're just not sure how to react, what to say or what to do?

And y'know, if they don't want to be friends with you over something like that, then they weren't really your friends to begin with. I can promise you that you will find new, real, friends if you make the effort to be on the lookout. Just do your best to be positive.

Hope you feel better soon. If you are suicidal, make sure you let someone who can help know - you're worth it.
      When you reach for the stars, you might not catch any, but at least you won't get your hands stuck in the mud!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aquilla: typo ().

They stopped caring before I went to the hospital. And I bottled everything up. I thought it'd be different since I felt better nad happier but nobody wants anythign to do with me. I have no way of meeting friends because there's Walmart and thats about it in my town. Go to Walmart and make friends? I mean, seriously...I don't have a way to make friends. I literally have no friends here. I hang out with my mom all day every day and go to Walmart every now and then. I just feel lonely.
      Im not suicidal at the moment, but I just feel so damn alone. It sucks. Im in a group therapy thing too, buuuut there is nobody around my age. Everyone there has their own kids. And theyre really little kids. Sooo yeah, Im really stuck but I just need to know someone in this world DOES, in fact, care.

We care. A lot of us on here can relate.
      You won't be in that town forever. And I know that doesn't help, and that it feels like you're going to be stuck where you are for as long as you can imagine, but you will get out of there, and you will make friends who will stay with you throughout your life, and things will get better.
      How old are you?

Im 18 and I still need to get my GED because I quit school last year. So I cant even get a job until I get my GED so I can't do anything. Guh, I hate this stupid cycle of going nowhere.

You'll probably meet some people from the GED classes. Perhaps you can ask your doctor about helping put you in contact with people closer to your age.

I'm sorry that it seems like the whole world left you. Sometimes it can be really hard and confusing for someone to interact with a friend after going to a mental institute. So many of us feel so psychologically awkward, that seeing a friend going to a hospital kind of makes you wonder "am I next?!", so it's kind of natural instinct to want to push those thoughts (and thus those people) away. It's kind of a sad way to deal with their own shortcomings though, and it can hurt a lot more than help.

Anyhow, you're lonely, and that's totally normal. Not feeling suicidal due to this is a huge step, and something to actually be proud of. Sometimes life doesn't fall into place, but you're working through it the best that you can. After you get your degree and a job I'm sure the world will work out much better for you.

unknownann wrote:

They stopped caring before I went to the hospital. And I bottled everything up. I thought it'd be different since I felt better nad happier but nobody wants anythign to do with me. I have no way of meeting friends because there's Walmart and thats about it in my town. Go to Walmart and make friends? I mean, seriously...I don't have a way to make friends. I literally have no friends here. I hang out with my mom all day every day and go to Walmart every now and then. I just feel lonely.
      Im not suicidal at the moment, but I just feel so damn alone. It sucks. Im in a group therapy thing too, buuuut there is nobody around my age. Everyone there has their own kids. And theyre really little kids. Sooo yeah, Im really stuck but I just need to know someone in this world DOES, in fact, care.

Ann,

Alot of people in this forum, will genuinely care for you, I know i'm one of them. Alot of people on here can relate to you when it comes to feeling lonely, I know I can. It's awful, the feeling of having nothing and no one depressing, literally.

If you ever wanna chat, please feel free to PM me, okay? I'm here for you; as are many.

Take care,

Support Leader,
      SimpleGirl*

Thank you so much Jenny. Your last paragraph really gave me a good feeling.
      "Anyhow, you're lonely, and that's totally normal. Not feeling suicidal due to this is a huge step, and something to actually be proud of. Sometimes life doesn't fall into place, but you're working through it the best that you can." It felt good to hear that. Thank you!!!

And Anna, thanks. :) You guys are great! All of these responses, every single one, has made me feel better. Thank you thank you thank you! :D Haha I know you all might be thinking "But I barely said anything helpful" but that's just it guys! You didn't ask a million questions or try to analyze me or my situation. You just put it out there, "This is how it is." So simple.

Wow, I get happy by little things eh? XD Im in a great mood knowing you guys care. It means the world to me! REALLY!
      So thanks to everyone who replied. If anyone ever needs someone to rant to, feel free to PM me, Id love for some conversation.

Love,
      ~Anny