I think we can live forever

• I think we can live forever

:eek:

I've heard that every 12 years or something like this, the cells and tissues from our bodies change... like, they're constantly changing - some die and new ones take their places. For example when we have a scar, it soon disappears because healthy new cells of the skin have been created on that particular spot.
      So - if new tissues are created every 12 years, why can't they appear like the previous ones, i mean, young? What about the wrinkles, and untreatable diseases? Why isn't the body able to create new cells, and destroy the 'bad' ones?
      What if we can live forever? Like, take some medicines or stuff like that, to prevent ageing... To make our bodies create young cells forever...
      I've been thinking about this for several days but I still can't find any answers.
      I know this is insane, but hey, tell me what you think.
      Wouldn't that be great?

:chairdance:
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Reia-mi al nemuririi nimb/ Şi focul din privire,
      Şi pentru toate dă-mi în schimb/ O oră de iubire..
      [/COLOR]
      :angeldevil:
    • Re: I think we can live forever

If we lived for ever, and continued to reproduce, the world would become way too crowded. I don't see why someone would want to live forever anyway... It would be shit.

I'd like to be able to go forward like 400 or 500 years into the future to see what it's like.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

certain cells in ur heart and brain dont reproduce well so ur organs have a kind of pre set expiration date no matter how healthy u r at sum point they give out. Ive heard of theroys where usingg cloned ograns to replace dead ones u could live forever but even then ur brian will eventually turn to mush
      [I]Any man can have one really bad day and end up just like me HA HA HA[/I]

Purple~Silk wrote:

:eek:

I've heard that every 12 years or something like this, the cells and tissues from our bodies change... like, they're constantly changing - some die and new ones take their places. For example when we have a scar, it soon disappears because healthy new cells of the skin have been created on that particular spot.
      So - if new tissues are created every 12 years, why can't they appear like the previous ones, i mean, young? What about the wrinkles, and untreatable diseases? Why isn't the body able to create new cells, and destroy the 'bad' ones?
      What if we can live forever? Like, take some medicines or stuff like that, to prevent ageing... To make our bodies create young cells forever...
      I've been thinking about this for several days but I still can't find any answers.
      I know this is insane, but hey, tell me what you think.
      Wouldn't that be great?

:chairdance:

To be exact it is every 7 years your cells are being replaced but sadly scars can stay even though the old cells are removed scares can still stay. Well here have been some ideas that have been focusing around preventing cells from aging but there ae some backdrops to that. Stay young forever or die when you ave fufilled your life. Majority of time religion is brought into the conversation due to the fact that living forever apprantly goes against some religions views. But back on the cells topic, taking meds would be useless we do no have any current technology or medicane that could do this for us. Even if there was medicane only the rich would be able to afford it since they would rather live forever to guard their fortunes then actually live fof something.

Esmo wrote:

Not really, we can't be living forever and having babies.

True and good point. If we all were to live forever then the planent which then would mean expand or to all.

l.a.m.e wrote:

If we lived for ever, and continued to reproduce, the world would become way too crowded. I don't see why someone would want to live forever anyway... It would be .

I'd like to be able to go forward like 400 or 500 years into the future to see what it's like.

Personally I would not mind living forever but again that is just me xD

punk13 wrote:

certain cells in ur heart and brain dont reproduce well so ur organs have a kind of pre set expiration date no matter how healthy u r at sum point they give out. Ive heard of theroys where usingg cloned ograns to replace ones u could live forever but even then ur brian will eventually turn to mush

Every 7 years cells in your brain do get replaced but they are ones that effect memory and the ability for the brain to live along with the heart but not the aging aspect. Cloned organisms would eventually fail since you would have to epace your genetic coding or something along those lines to be able to love forever.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else. [/CENTER]

I'll give you an example why we age;

If cell A is 5 years old, when it replicates that new cell will have a biological 'age' of 5 also.

This is why, if you clone animal y which dies at 25, and the one you clone is 20 - the new clone will only live 5 years.

Now there are many theories on why this actually happens but none have been firmly established. Some think it due to 'free radicals' mutating DNA. That's why anti-oxidants are supposedly good for you; they are meant to stop these reactions.

Edit; should note that most of this is theory

When a cell is "replaced" it really hasn't died, but reproduced. Mitosis and a bunch of other crap we all learned in biology class a few years ago. As a cell reproduces, it's DNA is replicated. As the DNA is replicated, there is a chain at the end of a chromosome (or all of them, I'm not sure) that breaks off, bit by bit, every time the cell replicates it's own DNA. Eventually all of this chain breaks off and the cell actually does die. We could never live forever without extensive replacement of parts. Our bodies are like cars. Sure, you can replace the engine, transmission, axles, wheels and tires, interior bits, trim pieces, rusted out body panels, etc. but there comes a point where the frame of the car itself is in such bad shape that you have to just scrap the car altogether. Same goes for our bodies. We can extend out lives, but never make them eternal.

I dont know, nothing lasts forever....My moms religion believe that were are gonna live forever in paradise (lol) I dont know , i keep her up till late in the nights with subjects like these......heheh And why did we have to be punished...so long , just because adam ate the fruit..................LoL

I sincerely believe that one of the most exciting things about life is having to overcome challenges and enjoy your stay while alive. Having to finish what you want to do in such a short period of time is what makes every experience anticipated, thrilling, and exotic.

If we were able to live forever, happiness would not be so easily achieved. How would the world feel if it was the same old thing everyday, filled with predictables?
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

ya I wish we could live 4ever! lol...that would be kool. :)
      but then again..I guess we would get bored of life if we just kept living 4ever cuz we're meant 2 die wen we have fullfilled our life and wen it's our time...
      and lyk every1 has been saying..if we just kept living and reproducing then ya, we would get overcrowded. :(
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Don't hate me cuz I'm BeAuTiFuL...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Hate me cuz ur boyfriend thinks so![/SIZE] :p[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]:angeldevil:[/CENTER]

Is the goal eternal life proper or life until boredom? The former, without choice for the latter, is a seeming punishment. The latter, if that is the goal intended, can be achieved and the question becomes not can it be done, but when will it be done?
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]