In a situation. Could use some advice.

• In a situation. Could use some advice.

So there is this is this girl that I really like. The problem is I'm caught between two ways to deal with this.

She is the ex-girl friend of a friend of mine. They dated for 5 years and broke up last year. He now has a new girlfriend as of for a while now and she recently broke up with her boyfriend because it was a bad relationship.

I have hanged out with her recently and I really like her.

My "friend" and I haven't hung out in a few months now. The only time we ever talk is during lunch. He's apparently moved on.

Now the problem I'm having is whether or not you guys think it is good to go forward with this. I don't want to be "that guy" who strolls up to date her. I don't want to be the "oh boy here we go again" guy, if you get where I'm coming from with that. We are waiting to date for that purpose but I just want a third party opinion.

Thanks in advance.
    • Re: In a situation. Could use some advice.

It's been a year, he's moved on, there's no reason why nothing should happen between you if you both like each other enough. If it had only been a few days/weeks then i'd have said wait but you've left it more than long enough, if you like her, go for it.
      All the best,
      Support Leader
      Charley
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]
    • Re: In a situation. Could use some advice.

Hey Plink,

I think if your friend has moved on, she should too. So, I think it's a good idea to actually go for it. If she's into you and you're into her, then there's no reason why you two can't date. As long as your friend is okay with it, then I think you should ask her out. I can't say that I know where you're coming from when you say that you don't want to be like anyone else, you want to be that one guy who's special, unique, and different. Treat her well, treat her with the utmost respect and love her for who she is, I don't think it can get any better than that.

Good luck!

Support Leader,
      armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]