Given up hope

• Given up hope

Ok so this is going to sound kinda depressing and lame, I'm not really that depressed I've just given up hope in this particular area of my life.

When I was little I thought I would: Meet a girl, fall in love and that would be that.
      Then when I grew a little older I met a girl I really liked, told her, she said she hated me...
      So I revised my theory:
      I would someday meet a girl that I liked who liked me back.
      Now after a lot of failed attepts of finding this girl... I feel like my theory needs a revision again.
      But now what I hear in my head is just:
      There is just no girl for me...
      I seem to have given up hope. If there really isn't a girl for me, I'm prepared to live with that.
      But I don't want to give up...
      What can I do to get my hope back?

Nemo

P.S. No "Get a life" comments or similar stuff. If I wanted that there would have been easier ways to get it.
      "How peacefull life would be without love, how safe, how tranquill... and how dull." -William of Baskerville (Sean Connery), The Name of the Rose
    • Re: Given up hope

I'm like this. I always thought the same aswell, but then things happen and it just makes me believe that i'm destined not to have someone even more. Especially around this time of year things can get tough.
      Don't give up hope though because something will happen and you'll suddenly feel completely different. Hope is what keeps up going so don't ever loose it. :)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Never give up on finding someone. Your time will come. Stuff doesn't always happen the way we want them to or when we want them to. Finding that someone, takes time and patience. In order to get to the good, you have to go through the bad. Just keep telling yourself not to give up. You've attempted and that's the most you can do. Some just sit back and wonder 'what if', you don't have to wonder and you can pick yourself up and move on.
      Keep your head up :)

Support Leader,

Jasmine
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

IMO there's nothing wrong with trying but sometimes when you are so focused onto it, you might come off as desperate and unattractive. This is coming from my friend, it's best to get yourself out there, be laid-back and just have fun.

Some Guy wrote:

The thing is I am fuckin lazy and don't want to play hard to get, unavailable blabla bullshit games all the time to be able to fuck women. I even have to use multiple messenger accounts to play "unavailable".

I won't say that there are "perfect" girls out there, and that eventually you'll find one and she'll magically love you back. If you yearn for a relationship, for a partner just for you, you have to work at it. If you don't chase after it, laziness only gives one reward. And it's not pleasant.

It's all about self-will. No one can truly pick you up except for yourself. Have faith in the fact that just about half the population is female. So go for it. Someone might be just around the corner. xP
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Thanks for the advice. ^^
      I do know that this loss of hope is not reasonable or logical, but if hope was then it wouldn't be an emotion.
      Also somehow I magically regain my hope everytime I meet a girl I like and go for her, so maybe it isn't so bad...
      It's just the time in between I hate.
      "How peacefull life would be without love, how safe, how tranquill... and how dull." -William of Baskerville (Sean Connery), The Name of the Rose

Thanks a lot Hitch. That made more sense than anything I've heard in a long time.
      Yes I would like to meet a girl who I could be with for a long time, I don't really get the whole need to be with many different people either.

Hey Nemo,

Honestly, here's what I noticed: When you're spending your time looking for the "perfect person" or the right one for you, they never come. When you're just living your life, then the right one will come along and you'll know for sure. Don't think about getting a girl for right now, you have a lot of time for that. There's always someone out there for all of us, so don't lose hope. Just live your life and your time will come. Hope this helped!

Support Leader,
      armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]