Dont get suckered into AP courses..

• Dont get suckered into AP courses..

They're engaging? Challenging? Worth the effort?
      That's bull. They're unneccessary stress! I studied my ass off for the tests then walked around in a stupor for a week after. Luckily, I'm done with school and dont have to worry about them anymore; I just wanted to give a warning to all the remaining high schoolers: don't do it.
      "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinion, their lives a [SIZE=3]mimicry[/SIZE]."
      -Oscar Wilde
    • Re: Dont get suckered into AP courses..

I beg to differ. Ap courses are tremedous help. If you are, however, lacking they are not for you. I have learned more in a year of AP courses, than the entirity of my middle school education. They provide benefits unparalleled by any non-AP courses in the schools.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

Not really all that true, i took five AP classes and two honors classes and my lowest grade was a 97 A. They prepare you for life, they arent easy, but then again, neither is life. They are just a little more work than your normal everyday classes.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My beautiful daughter Megan

My girl, and my baby girl

god, you sound like drones.:lol:

they were probably the best courses i ever took, and i got out of most of my 101 courses, saving around $1,800. Plus, i get to graduate college a semester earlier since im taking sophmore courses now.

However, when I wrote this blog I was pissed because I had AP tests the days of and after graduation and one on the day of my senior picnic and another on my first day of vacation. Yes, they're great, "be the best nerd you can be" and all that jazz; but in order to get the most out of them you have to make a lot of sacrifices. And in hindsight, yes, I regret devoting all my attention to academics and missing out on the other aspects of high school.

The point I was making was not that they weren't a "tremendous help" (>.< god, queer) or that they didnt prepare me or ...whatever. My point was they were highly stressful and demanding. And they are. After completing an entire AP curriculum in high school, I know. My making a 5 on the AP English test is great; but it doesnt mean english is going to be easier or less stressful for me next semester. It means Im going to be enrolled in English 102 instead of 101; and 102 is still going to be more demanding and more stressful.
      "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinion, their lives a [SIZE=3]mimicry[/SIZE]."
      -Oscar Wilde

If you find it so demanding and stressful, perhaps its not for you. Taking more demanding courses means that youa re aware of the difficulty it entails. I think you just like to whine alot.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

jnifw3nloi wrote:

I beg to differ. Ap courses are tremedous help. If you are, however, lacking they are not for you. I have learned more in a year of AP courses, than the entirity of my middle school education. They provide benefits unparalleled by any non-AP courses in the schools.

I agree. My AP US History course changed my knowledge and outlook on a lot of events in US history. I learned more in one class than in elementary and middle school combined.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

jnifw3nloi wrote:

If you find it so demanding and stressful, perhaps its not for you. Taking more demanding courses means that youa re aware of the difficulty it entails. I think you just like to whine alot.

mkay. this thread is turning into one of those moments in life where you make a sarcastic statement and people take you seriously cause they dont get it. Which is fine. lol. Not all of us can be brilliant and have a sense of humor; it's either pompous ass or class clown for most people.

Read this closely, kid: there's no "maybe its not for you." I already completed the curriculum; I'm a certified College Board AP Scholar. Yes, I like to whine a lot, I do it all the time. This is a fact that is clearly evident by the fact that i posted this one thread. You're just so astute in your judgments of character...through forum posts; I feel like you've known me forever. And that seemingly immature conclusion sentence was a nice way to close that insightful little speech. Top notch, really.

"They might have been stressful for you but that doesnt mean that it will be for others."
      ......Hot damn. I love the understated brilliance in this. You're so right. I retract all my previous statements, even the one right above this that I just now wrote. This comment has completely reformed my opinions....on everything; this quote's got universal meaning. Sheer brilliance.
      -Oscar Wilde

:lol: You're welcome. you should write a book or something, cause you've changed my life, kid. Such insight!!!! I'd swear you were a college professor...no a Philosophy professor!!!
      -Oscar Wilde

okaaaay. lol. But that cant be your excuse for all your posts, can it?? or do you take flights weekly??

and what does your scholarship offers and acceptaces have to do with whether or not your dumb??? The definition of dumb via princeton.edu - Dumb: dense; slow to understand. Now, a question; did you catch the sarcasm earlier, or was it did it sail overhead??
      -Oscar Wilde