Pedophilia: how much do you know?<approved>

• Re: Pedophilia: how much do you know?&lt;approved&gt;

Starflip wrote:

sorry i dont agree with that, homosexuality is a lifestyle but i would class pedophilia as more of a mental illness, even if its not your fault. Its just wrong imo even if u dont act on your feelings its wrong to be sexually attracted to an 8 year old.
    soory just my opinion

Homosexuality is not a lifestyle.

amlord1 wrote:

You are correct, and incorrect. Homosexuality IS a lifestyle, BUT it is also a condition. Tellin someone who is only attracted to people of the same sex, to go and like someone of the opposite sex, Is like telling you or I to go like someone of the same sex.. It just won't work.

I repeat, homosexuality is not a lifestyle any more than being male is a lifestyle or having black hair is a lifestyle.

Yuki wrote:

Ah, yes, how politically incorrect of me. :rolleyes:

Let's help the pedophile (child lover per definition) cope with his problem of liking little children. I hope you can all sleep better at night. :)

That's exactly what we're trying to do. Obviously if he doesn't seek help of some sort then his problem is not going to get better, only worse. Get a clue.

OP: I'm really sorry about your problem. But you definitely have the right mindset about it; I'm glad you decided to post this and enlighten us. I don't know much about pedophilia as far as whether or not it can be "fixed." Seeking professional help, maybe from a therapist, probably couldn't hurt. They're bound by law not to tell what you say unless you are hurting or planning on hurting someone else or yourself. All I can say is, just keep in mind that acting on your urges is wrong.
    [SIZE=2]:freehugs::hugs::freehugs::hugs:[/SIZE]

Yuki wrote:

That's how most pedophiles THINK at first, especially given your young age. Urges then become actions.

Lock this motha****ing thread ALREADY. Your attraction to little girls is NOT normal. Seek professional help.

There is a distinct difference between pedophilia, and child molestation.

What type of professional help are you suggesting?

joemoe93 wrote:

Homosexuality is not a lifestyle.

I repeat, homosexuality is not a lifestyle any more than being male is a lifestyle or having black hair is a lifestyle.

What I meant, if my post didn't make this clear, is that ACTING on your feelings to love someone of the same gender, IS a lifestyle. AKA, going and having a makeout session... or sleeping together... THAT is a lifestyle.

Sorry to have to correct myself, I thought I made myself clear.

Then say what you mean, because now you're saying homosexuality isn't a lifestyle.

You're saying that how you choose to live your love life is a lifestyle, and it is, so don't bring gay/straight/bi/trans/etc into it, because they don't matter.

joemoe93 wrote:

Then say what you mean, because now you're saying homosexuality isn't a lifestyle.

You're saying that how you choose to live your love life is a lifestyle, and it is, so don't bring gay/straight/bi/trans/etc into it, because they don't matter.

It is both a lifestyle and not a lifestyle, or both. It depends. -.- That's what I said originally, and that's what I meant.

It is a lifestyle in how you treat it/if you act on it.

It is not a lifestyle, in that it can not be changed, and there is no point in trying.

Again, I thought/think I made myself clear.

Starflip wrote:

sorry i just cant accept this
    he's a pedophile and its wrong u cant say "im sorry for u" just because he came out and admitted it.
    it is wrong, morally and legally

There is nothing legally wrong with being a pedophile O.o

(Again, I stress the difference between pedophile and CHILD MOLESTER!)

There are definitely issues if he acts on his thoughts.. but saying that he is breaking the law by being attracted to children is wrong...

And as far as morals, it's morally wrong to think lustfully about anyone if you aren't married to them...

So obviously it's wrong to think about children as sexual objects..

BUT can it be morally wrong to get turned on by seeing little girls?

It isn't exactly a choice...

i don't know what to tell you. i really have no idea.

i can tell you i give you credit. if i was a pedophile, i would never have the balls to say it. in that, i give you credit. i really hope that you are helped, and that your urges never become actions.
    [SIZE=1]check your ingredients, before you overdose on the cool.
    [/SIZE]

amlord1 wrote:

There is nothing legally wrong with being a pedophile O.o

(Again, I stress the difference between pedophile and CHILD MOLESTER!)

There are definitely issues if he acts on his thoughts.. but saying that he is breaking the law by being attracted to children is wrong...

And as far as morals, it's morally wrong to think lustfully about anyone if you aren't married to them...

So obviously it's wrong to think about children as sexual objects..

BUT can it be morally wrong to get turned on by seeing little girls?

It isn't exactly a choice...

Um okay tell me whats right about being attracted to little children then?

`DK wrote:

Um okay tell me whats right about being attracted to little children then?

Look, I never said it was a good thing.. I said that it can't be helped. See the post above mine. Seriously though. Think of the most attractive person you can, NAKED. Is it possible not to get turned on? Now I'm not saying that little children are the most attractive people... But its the idea. It can't be helped.

Think before posting.

Sharxbyte wrote:

Most people don't realize that this condition is somewhat like homosexuality.

Watch what you say when it comes to stuff like this. Im straight but i believe that homosexuality is not a condition its who they are.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nathan17: I wanted to elaborate ().

amlord1 wrote:

It is both a lifestyle and not a lifestyle, or both. It depends. -.- That's what I said originally, and that's what I meant.

It is a lifestyle in how you treat it/if you act on it.

It is not a lifestyle, in that it can not be changed, and there is no point in trying.

Again, I thought/think I made myself clear.

Homosexuality in and of itself is not a lifestyle. So stop saying it is. Some homosexual people may have lifestyles in regards to their love/sex life, but it's not because they are homosexual.

It's like this: On the left, homosexuality; in the middle, people with lifestyles; on the right, heterosexuals. See?
    [INDENT]Homosexuals,...... w/ lifestyles,.....heterosexuals.
    [/INDENT]