Pedophilia: how much do you know?<approved>

• Re: Pedophilia: how much do you know?&lt;approved&gt;

joemoe93 wrote:

Homosexuality in and of itself is not a lifestyle. So stop saying it is. Some homosexual people may have lifestyles in regards to their love/sex life, but it's not because they are homosexual.

It's like this: On the left, homosexuality; in the middle, people with lifestyles; on the right, heterosexuals. See?[INDENT]Homosexuals,...... w/ lifestyles,.....heterosexuals.
    [/INDENT]

Lol, will you stop arguing with yourself?? Thats what I have been saying all along.. Stop trying to translate into Greek.

LTikes wrote:

I don't think ur a pedofile if ur 17 and like a 14yo. I think lots of 14 yo are hot.But laws have to protect kids from perverts. With homosexuals its still people the same age.

That wasn't really the issue though. He stated that he is sexually attracted to (turned on by) young girls, i.e. 7-12, depending on the girl. Also realize though that every girl starts puberty at a different age.

I turned 17 in October. My (now x) girlfriend didn't turn 15 until a month and 6 days later. So in that situation, I don't consider myself a pedophile.

Capt Sasha wrote:

Paedophiles should be rehabilated and treated for their sexual abnormality, failing which they must be kept away from children. As for actual child predators, they should be handled as befits the severity of their crime, with punishments ranging from castration to execution.

*shudder*... castration should never be a used, even on perverts... that's just cruel... a life in jail would be a better punishment.

well I'm not based in the US so we really don't have laws regarding that. The age of consent here is 12 I think so if I, a 19 year old wants to have sex with a 12 year old, as long as there is consent it's ok.

Of course as the older male I know better and I would try to avoid it for the sake of the girl but if the situation comes where I can't resist anymore, I have no problem with it. I've had a few crushes who are 7 years younger than me.

Capt Sasha wrote:

In that case, medical treatments can be used. Like EST for instance.

By EST, I believe you mean Electro-Shock Therapy?

Moving on to my opinion. I don't agree with any of this, any of this situation at all. That being said...in my opinion, you don't have a choice as to who you're attracted to. You don't have any say in the matter, there's too many variables. What you do have a choice on, however, is whether or not to act upon those urges, and ruin lives. Fantasies only go on for so long before they become urges, and urges become actions. You snap? You lose yourself in your desire, and you start living out those fantasies and lives are destroyed.

I realize that for you, you've still got time, and you've got courage. Posting in a thread on a site, with a lot of people bitching and bitching at you about how what you're feeling is morally, legally, and socially wrong. However, believing what you've said, about the fact that you would never, and have yet to hurt a child..? Let me play Devil's Advocate a little bit.

You see a child in a swimsuit at a pool. Public or private, you choose. You start to fantasize about them in your own head, and they walk into the locker room, you decide to follow them in and act on the fantasy because it's too much for you. You ruin a life, with just one action, one touch, one step. That is very likely to happen, regardless of how much control you think you have over yourself.

Keep in mind that this is merely a situation I've created, the variables will be different for you. You could be older, and they could be older, but these feelings you're feeling will never go away. But, as I've said before, you've still got time to get help, if you so desire. Otherwise the pressure will build, build, and build inside of you, and then you'll blow. Casting all of the morality and emotion into the wind, all because you're selfish at the time, and can't control your urges.

I don't beg people for anything, ever. But I am begging you to get help before it really is too late for you.

kannon wrote:

well I'm not based in the US so we really don't have laws regarding that. The age of consent here is 12 I think so if I, a 19 year old wants to have sex with a 12 year old, as long as there is consent it's ok.

Of course as the older male I know better and I would try to avoid it for the sake of the girl but if the situation comes where I can't resist anymore, I have no problem with it. I've had a few crushes who are 7 years younger than me.

Geez. I've never heard of such a low age of consent :eek:
    What country are you from?!?

a83486 wrote:

Geez. I've never heard of such a low age of consent :eek:
    What country are you from?!?

lol. Even in the US it goes as low as 11 in at least one state...
    It has been said many times before... But it is no less true; The most important things in life are not things. The simple special moments in life, end up being the ones you remember for a life time.

Incassum wrote:

By EST, I believe you mean Electro-Shock Therapy?

Moving on to my opinion. I don't agree with any of this, any of this situation at all. That being said...in my opinion, you don't have a choice as to who you're attracted to. You don't have any say in the matter, there's too many variables. What you do have a choice on, however, is whether or not to act upon those urges, and ruin lives. Fantasies only go on for so long before they become urges, and urges become actions. You snap? You lose yourself in your desire, and you start living out those fantasies and lives are destroyed.

I realize that for you, you've still got time, and you've got courage. Posting in a thread on a site, with a lot of people bitching and bitching at you about how what you're feeling is morally, legally, and socially wrong. However, believing what you've said, about the fact that you would never, and have yet to hurt a child..? Let me play Devil's Advocate a little bit.

You see a child in a swimsuit at a pool. Public or private, you choose. You start to fantasize about them in your own head, and they walk into the locker room, you decide to follow them in and act on the fantasy because it's too much for you. You ruin a life, with just one action, one touch, one step. That is very likely to happen, regardless of how much control you think you have over yourself.

Keep in mind that this is merely a situation I've created, the variables will be different for you. You could be older, and they could be older, but these feelings you're feeling will never go away. But, as I've said before, you've still got time to get help, if you so desire. Otherwise the pressure will build, build, and build inside of you, and then you'll blow. Casting all of the morality and emotion into the wind, all because you're selfish at the time, and can't control your urges.

I don't beg people for anything, ever. But I am begging you to get help before it really is too late for you.

I found your post easy to read, well written, and well supported. Reps for taking the effort to make a good post.

As far as what you said:

You are correct in that fantasies have the potential to become reality. However, not all will, even given likely circumstances.

You are probably right, that if it were morally and socially acceptable, he would engage in those types of activities, if he had a genuine love for the person he was to do the acts with. However, you cannot assume that everyone is capable of rape, or forceful "molestation".

I will however not deny the fact that there are many people who would act on their fantasies, given the right conditions, and if the minor consented... even it it weren't socially acceptable.

There is always the danger that problems can progress.
    It has been said many times before... But it is no less true; The most important things in life are not things. The simple special moments in life, end up being the ones you remember for a life time.

Yuki wrote:

That's how most pedophiles THINK at first, especially given your young age. Urges then become actions.

Lock this mothafucking thread ALREADY. Your attraction to little girls is NOT normal. Seek professional help.

Seriously....
    1) That kind of talk won't help anyone
    2) You can not "cure" pedophilia the same as you can't "cure" homosexuality and etc.

I do not mean to offend you but you are in no position to know how the mind works.
    Research has been done on this matter and it was believed that abuse was the cause, and it was proved (over and over again) that it isn't. Which goes only to show you that we know as much about the human mind as we know about the universe. I am sure it took Sharxbyte a great deal of courage to come out.
    Would you lock away all the homosexual men (for example) too? Because its not "normal"?
    It IS true you don't pick who you like and it sure as hell does not matter (in my opinion). What does matter is how you act on that attraction. If it doesn't hurt anyone....grab a flag and march right-on ahead. If it does...then just don't do it, control it. Can't control it? Well that's where we have sickos who get put away...

I kinda know how you feel. I have the same issue, its not like I want to, it's a mental thing. I do my best not to think of it and such but I believe it's a developmental problem. I did some research and there is an actual diagnosis for it. Apperantly it can be a mental disease. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents and tell you you aren't alone
    One shot and you'll die in the head in the center of your eyes one gun one try:eek:

Dreadnought656 wrote:

I kinda know how you feel. I have the same issue, its not like I want to, it's a mental thing. I do my best not to think of it and such but I believe it's a developmental problem. I did some research and there is an actual diagnosis for it. Apperantly it can be a mental disease. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents and tell you you aren't alone

thanks. its good to know.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure where I stand on this. Obviously it is wrong; I'm talking about where to class pedophilia. I strongly agree that homosexuality is a lifestyle, but pedophilia is more of a fetish-type deal, where you have can choose to follow or not.

You have a choice in everything. Keep that in mind; it sounds like you are doing a good job.

ummm when you say youll be charged with an offense to a minor for w.e reason is wrong... you won't be charged to an offense of a minor because you are a minor yourself being 17 years of age, all that will happen is you will get a stupid warning and be subjective to thurall counceling to break your habits... thats all.