The United States of Europe

• The United States of Europe

Do you agree with the possible concept? 31
        I live in Europe and I like the Idea! (4) 13%
        I do not live in Europe and I like the Idea! (1) 3%
        I live in Europe and I do not like the idea! (13) 42%
        I do not live in Europe and I do not like the idea! (13) 42%
      Many euro-spectics and euro-septics think that with increased integration of all the EU countries, there could be a merge of all countries in the EU and that each country will be a 'State'. Similar to the United States.

It terms of population, they would be the 3rd largest country, replacing United States and would have an economy alot larger than the United States. Meaning a possible new world power if done.

However the average income per person would be alot smaller and would be considered a medium-income-economy. This is because eastern europe earns alot less per head and would obviously push the average income down.

Whats your opinions, see the poll!

wiki has meantioned this -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Europe
      [RIGHT][SIZE=1]praise my seriously awesome signature. :chairdance:[/SIZE]
      [/RIGHT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Corsan ().

• Re: The United States of Europe

It's completley ridiculous, we didn't even want to be a part of the EU, we're still waiting for the referendum but we're not going to get one because the government know it will go against what they want. It's a disgrace! Trying to be like america is doing nothing but ruining our country, i don't see why they'd make such a stupid decision like that.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

x-mercedes-x wrote:

It's completley ridiculous, we didn't even want to be a part of the EU, we're still waiting for the referendum but we're not going to get one because the government know it will go against what they want. It's a disgrace! Trying to be like america is doing nothing but ruining our country, i don't see why they'd make such a stupid decision like that.

We (Britain) did want to become part of the EU at the time. Whether the people want to now is a different matter...

Personally I don't really care too much.

The people were offered a referendum which is why they didn't say anything against it, it might be different where you're from but up here no-one was ever for joining the EU.

Plus i just thought, how the hell do they think they can get away with turning a continent into a country?! USA is different it is just one country split into seperate states, they can't just take a whole continent and decide it's now a country, i seriously don't see that going down well across Europe.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I don't like the EU becoming too influential in individual states.
      Or how our government won't give us a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, and are trying to force Ireland to stage another.
      Sounds a bit like Zimbabwean politics; "They gave us the wrong answer so we'll try again".
      It's meant to be a democracy.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trogdor_74 wrote:

Sounds a bit like Zimbabwean politics; "They gave us the wrong answer so we'll try again".
      It's meant to be a democracy.

Not really. Zimbabwean politics are "You've got the wrong answer, vote right this time." The Irish referendum on the Lisbon treaty is "Ok, if you sign the treaty we'll exempt you from the bits that made you vote 'No' in the first place."
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

I actually like this idea! However I DO NOT want this idea to implemented in my generation purely because there is general no need for it. But in an increasing economically competitive environment and the more dominant-the-better attitude increasing, I believe it will eventually happen.

I'm European, anyone born and raised in Europe or an EU citizen is European, they need to realize that there is 2 nationalities in Europe. Your local nationality from respective country, and European.

People cannot deny the advantages from this, public opinion for this not going through - is obviously leaning towards no by a high amount yes! But what is your real opinion here, is it all patriotic pride and nationality, is that it? Or do we have any valid arguments that will say this is a bad idea. It is economically good! (besides lower average income).

There is no reason why being English, German, French and Irish cant remain in the USE!

Just my opinion! :P.
      [/RIGHT]

Corsan wrote:

Or do we have any valid arguments that will say this is a bad idea. It is economically good! (besides lower average income).

It's not necessarily good in economic terms.
      If there is only one state, we will be relying on the European Central Bank for interest rates etc. It will also mean if one European economy struggles it will bring them all down. Although at the moment the Euro is doing well, this will not always be the case.
      I don't want Britain to be even more reliant on other countries' performances.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unlike America, each European country has history at least one millennium year old. Different languages, different traditions, different cultures, different philosophies... If we unite all European nations under one rule we'd do exactly what we're trying to avoid regarding globalisation issue.

I think European Union is "suitable" and quite "enough" regarding our union.

Strengthening our alliance bonds isn't bad, but not that much :) !
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι ουδὲν οἶδα[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vagos ().

Vagos wrote:

Unlike America, each European country has history at least one millennium old. Different languages, different traditions, different cultures, different philosophies... If we unite all European nations under one rule we'd do exactly what we're trying to avoid regarding globalisation issue.

I think European Union is "suitable" regarding our union.

Strengthening our alliance bonds isn't bad, but not that much :) !

True, everywhere in America it is basically the same culture, Europe is too diverse and much more packed.
      [/RIGHT]

terrible idea, just another great way for your governments to more easily control the people and limit their rights, in fact, i wouldn't mind if the united states broke up into smaller countries with less powerful "governments" because right now, the current government is taking a shit all over the people's rights and are fucking things up constantly. so, when you have a government with control over a larger area, it is a lot easier for a few people to fuck up things for a lot of people
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]