a little help

• a little help

so most of you have seen my past posts. about this guy i was dating. well, we broke up. i took it pretty hard and still can't look at him. well, now im dating a guy who is 100% better than he was. it's been 3 months and 7 days and everything is going great. except one thing. he's recently started showing that he's the jealous type. i want him to trust me and i want him to know that nothing will ever change the fact that i am with him. i've never felt this way before about anyone. and i know that he is "the one" so what do i do? do i talk to him about it or do i just let him work it out on his own. his parents asked him about 3 weeks ago if i was his last girlfriend. he told his parents that he wants to marry me. he asked me if i thought we had the potential to make it that long. in november he got me a promise ring. but right now it's kinda hard with him acting like this. like when my friends call he gets kinda upset. or when i talk about how i get to see one of my guy friends that i haven't seen in forever he gets kinda crazy about it. but i love him. and i dont want to do anything to upset him. so do i let it go and forget that he's jealous. stop talking to these guys. or do i try to make him see what i hoped he already knew????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    • Re: a little help

=S Well you should definitely not stop seeing your friends/ talking to them because they're important to you. You should continue seeing them, making sure you spend more time with him and don't show any affection towards others guys, not that you do. You're intentions are only to make him happy but you need to be happy yourself and to do your own things. Reassure him that he's the one and none of those people could replace him... Hopefully he'll be able to accept/ get used to the fact that you enjoy spending time with friends over time. Don't talk about other guys often. Remind him that you love him all the time.........
      [CENTER]Maddi Love's Ryan
      >> teensuite.net <<
      [/CENTER]

well, see, he's 21 and im 18. when we first started dating i made it a point to be clear that i had alot of guy friends and he said he was cool with it. now it's been 3 months and hes starting to get jealous. he said i can talk to them online but he feels weird about them calling me. im like um ok. well, i explained to my friend that called last night that i was under alot of stress about what my bf said and thats why didn't call him back so im confused on how to handle my bf. we talked this morning and he said he was ok with it then he said he wasnt then he said he was so im massively confused.

Maybe he is a insecure person, he probably feels happy with you doing it and he wants you to hang out with friend cause he doesn't wan to seem like a control freak and wants you to be happy but at same time gets jealous =[ Work it out between to the 2 of you, don't let go of your friends... Is there any guy in specific that he doesn't like you to hang out with or is it just overall a bit insecure and jealous?
      [CENTER]Maddi Love's Ryan
      >> teensuite.net <<
      [/CENTER]

Kat[confused];1163274 wrote:

so most of you have seen my past posts. about this guy i was dating. well, we broke up. i took it pretty hard and still can't look at him. well, now im dating a guy who is 100% better than he was. it's been 3 months and 7 days and everything is going great. except one thing. he's recently started showing that he's the jealous type. i want him to trust me and i want him to know that nothing will ever change the fact that i am with him. i've never felt this way before about anyone. and i know that he is "the one" so what do i do? do i talk to him about it or do i just let him work it out on his own. his parents asked him about 3 weeks ago if i was his last girlfriend. he told his parents that he wants to marry me. he asked me if i thought we had the potential to make it that long. in november he got me a promise ring. but right now it's kinda hard with him acting like this. like when my friends call he gets kinda upset. or when i talk about how i get to see one of my guy friends that i haven't seen in forever he gets kinda crazy about it. but i love him. and i dont want to do anything to upset him. so do i let it go and forget that he's jealous. stop talking to these guys. or do i try to make him see what i hoped he already knew????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You should definitely talk with your boyfriend about it. Tell him exactly what you want him to know. It's natural for him to be jealous and feel threatened, but it's better to talk it out now before it gets out of hand. It may help to take him along the next time you do go out with your friends. That way he can see you aren't trying to hide anything and he can see the way you act around them. If this relationship is going to work, you'll need his trust and talking it out is the best way to help this problem.
      good luck :)

Support Leader,
      Jasmine
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Well , for one thing , if he already knew, then telling him, would be nothing new.....I think what it is , is that , thats the way men , or most men are...if if 'that' girl is there bonified (#1) they dont want other guys talking to 'it'| her....I think its in the jeans:lol: Most, men see it this way....You see a young boy , talking with a girl and they playing around , women , think its cute, a guy on the other hand , says hes going for one think, you feel me?
      personally , i dont think , Talking to him about it will help........as jealousy is a feeling you cant really control.......Its for you to not let him get , or feel jealous............if your gonna see an old (boy) friend , dont let him know....what you dont know cant hurt you........just be a good girl....and its not that , he doesnt trust you , its that he doesnt trust the boys:lol:
      [B]
      [/B]

ok ok ok ok
      lets not start an argument please
      i dont hide anything from him. i tell him EVERYTHING.
      We talked about it last night and this morning.
      We made a bit of a compramise... it's not the best but it is working.
      We decided that our stress is from me being in school and not being able to see him as much as my friends.
      So I suggested that I only see my friends at school during the week and the weekends aer his.
      I told him that if I did hang out with my friends, He can tag along if he doesn't have to work.
      I told him I would have no physical contact what's so ever with these friends and He said he'd work on his jealousy.
      Once I graduate, things will change. When I can see him more.

Does this seem wrong? I mean I understand with him being jealous and all.
      But He says he doesn't want to control me.
      This is the only solution I.. yes I... could come up with.

Even though it's natural for guys to feel a little jealous I think this is HIS problem. You can and should of course try to help him work on it, but I think it's important to hold on to the fact that he's the one with the problem.

The compromise doesn't seem wrong if you are ok with only seeing your friends at school, if you really feel that it's not ok then it isn't.

Sorry if I'm not making sense.
      "How peacefull life would be without love, how safe, how tranquill... and how dull." -William of Baskerville (Sean Connery), The Name of the Rose