what's an acceptable age difference?

• Re: what's an acceptable age difference?

It's harder when you're in your teens, because the maturity levels are all over the place and can be pretty unbalanced if you're not careful - and, like people have said, emotional and mental connection, and similar maturity, is more important than age. I'm 18 and my boyfriend's 24, and it works for us, because I'm old for my age. Relationships are a personal thing anyway: no one can say "This is wrong" or "This is right", because the only people that really know that are the two people concerned. It depends on the individuals.

I'm in year 11 and my girl is in year 9... (I'm in Australia, freshman?:confused:) And people have different opinions. Some people say that that is far too young, but others say it's cool, accept it and move on, and some are going for year 8's and 7's...thats kinda where I draw the line. I don't think it matters so much after the younger person is past year 9 or 10, but a year 11 or 12 going for year 7's is kinda creepy, some of them have barely hit puberty, lol :p

I heard a rule one- and it was Half your age plus 7, is the youngest "generally accepted".

I thought it was kind of neat.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]- Stina -[/SIZE]
      You say you want to kill yourself
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=1] It might make it just a little bit easier[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=1] You think you're the only one who hurts[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=1] Try looking just a little bit harder[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=1] I don't know why you're holding on[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=1] To the damage that's been done[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Haha, has anyone heard of the 'half your age, add seven rule'?

Its not written in stone or anything but it seems to work suprisingly well, basically after the age of 14, you half your age then add 7 to it to find the minimum age you can date lol.

19/2 = 9.5
      9.5 + 7 = 16.5

So according to the rule it is acceptable =P

EDIT: wow, i feel stupid xD i scanned the thread briefly but didnt notice the very last post lol, sorry haha.