Over...or not?

• Over...or not?

My relationship has had quite the turmoil in the last few, well...months, but it's mainly come to head in the past week.

There is really too much to explain to give anyone a full idea on what's going on, so for most this will serve more as a blog, a way for me to share my thoughts, so I apologize if this seems confusing.

-I'm afraid to be alone
      -I feel awkward at parties and in crowds (two things that he enjoys...although he never pushes it on me.
      -He is respectful, and I know he'd never do anything to hurt me
      -I feel generally depressed (and this makes me think "why would anyone want to be with someone like me?")

We haven't talked in-depth, but basically the gist is this so far:
      -He doesn't think we're right for each other (I agree, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the time we spend together as a couple!)
      -He thinks I "deserve someone that can give [me] more than [he] can" (whatever THAT means)
      -He thinks there have been "incidents building up" (not sure what these are though, as I'm not sure how these incidents made him feel)
      -He thinks there are "many things that in the long run that [he wants] that don't"

I just wish that I knew what was going on, with both of us. I feel so lost myself. I really don't want to break up, even though I agree that we aren't totally right for each other. It's just scary, knowing that there's no one else for me right now, and I'm afraid to be alone. But is that really a reason to stay in a relationship? I doubt it. It's a few days before Christmas though, I just want to be happy with him. I want everything to work out, but I'm afraid that we have both already given up.

Things that have lead me to doubt our relationship in the past:
      -Our serious lack of a sex life (it was amazing at first, but now I feel like he just has no interest in me sexually).
      -Me feeling down. I feel like I'm pushing him away.

I guess that's it. A lot of it is just feelings, but not reasons, so it's a very hard thing for me to understand. I just want to cry, and I want to be held, but I don't have anyone here to hold me.

Thanks for listening.
    • Re: Over...or not?

Jennifer, if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm just a PM away.

It does seem like you guys aren't perfect for each other. Although you feel it may work out, he's given you plenty of reasons as to why it won't. Maybe that suggests his lack of motivation to work on the relationship. I'm not doubting his loyalty, because he seems like a gentleman. However, if he can't give you what you want in the long run, as in, your relationship will probably not survive the ups and downs in the future, then you should rethink this. Logically, you guys have different interests, as well as the loss of the romance and sparks.

Allow me to rant here. Who would ever not be with someone like you? You're an intelligent, beautiful woman, I'm sure. This depression you feel is mostly caused by the subdued relationship you share with him, and it'll be gone as soon as you start pursuing someone else. Sometimes, no matter how much you want it to succeed, it just won't. In your case, your indecisiveness is a big hint. Don't feel alone - look around at all of your friends, they're all there for you. Also, it's not like there's nothing to do without him around. You can definitely do better. Pretty soon, another guy will come and snatch you right up.

I would suggest you have a serious in-depth talk with him, regarding just where your relationship is, and where it could possibly lead. If you both want different things, and you're not that compatible...then you shouldn't hesitate to prolong the break-up any further. It just causes more suffering for both of you.

-Hugs.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

A lot of what you said Kase, I know that, but somehow it's just so different coming from someone else. Thank you.

We are supposed to talk tonight, but I doubt the outcome is going to be what I want. That being said, I don't even KNOW what I want. I don't think we should be together, but I don't want to not be together.

I really don't have a lot of friends, when I'm not with whoever it is I'm dating at the time, normally I'm either working or sitting at home on the computer. I think that makes it harder, because I put all of my eggs in one basket. I just don't know how to make friends, or I'm not interested in keeping them.

I know that if we decide to not continue the relationship that it will be for good reason, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. I just see so many happy couples all around (even his brother and his brother's girlfriend seem like the best couple, which makes it harder to watch them and then feel like this). I just want to be in a happy couple. Blah.

Lots and lots of tears.

Look at this positively. In leaving him, you're getting up out of a relationship slump. There are tons of guys out there waiting, and you should give all of them a chance. In the long run, this relationship will not last, so even if you wanted to stay together and you got your wish, you'll split sooner or later. Would you be a happy couple? No. And that's wasting a lot of time.

This is also your chance to go out and socialize a bit more. Personally, I hate having to "let loose" at parties and have fun in the crowd, because I'm more of a few close friends type. You already know it's smart to keep your friends, especially in times like this when they'll support you. Making friends is not a process, it's more of a way in expressing yourself. With whoever you have things in common, just hang out and do whatever comes natural. It's not an overnight process, but slowly you'll get used to it, and start separating those eggs from the basket. You have lots of practice here, making friends. Use the tactics in real life.

Of course a separation hurts. Just avoid the happy couples and focus on yourself. Make a list of things you want done, and how you'll accomplish them. Be resolved and resolute. The new year's coming right up ahead, so this is your chance to start anew. You are independent. Take control of your own happiness!
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

JennyColada wrote:

My relationship has had quite the turmoil in the last few, well...months, but it's mainly come to head in the past week.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that - I know it isn't easy when things turn bad.

JennyColada wrote:

There is really too much to explain to give anyone a full idea on what's going on, so for most this will serve more as a blog, a way for me to share my thoughts, so I apologize if this seems confusing.

If it makes you feel better then go for it :)

JennyColada wrote:

-I'm afraid to be alone

That makes the two of us.

JennyColada wrote:

-I feel awkward at parties and in crowds (two things that he enjoys...although he never pushes it on me.

Not everyone enjoy the same things, that's ok don't worry :)

JennyColada wrote:

-He is respectful, and I know he'd never do anything to hurt me

That's wonderful that you can say that and beleive it in your heart.

JennyColada wrote:

-I feel generally depressed (and this makes me think "why would anyone want to be with someone like me?")

Do you have any idea on the cause of this feeling?

JennyColada wrote:

We haven't talked in-depth, but basically the gist is this so far:
      -He doesn't think we're right for each other (I agree, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the time we spend together as a couple!)
      -He thinks I "deserve someone that can give [me] more than [he] can" (whatever THAT means)
      -He thinks there have been "incidents building up" (not sure what these are though, as I'm not sure how these incidents made him feel)
      -He thinks there are "many things that in the long run that [he wants] that don't"

I really think you need to talk to him seriously, because if he's staying with you without wanting to be there you're just gonna' be hurting more in the long-run.

JennyColada wrote:

I just wish that I knew what was going on, with both of us. I feel so lost myself. I really don't want to break up, even though I agree that we aren't totally right for each other. It's just scary, knowing that there's no one else for me right now, and I'm afraid to be alone. But is that really a reason to stay in a relationship? I doubt it. It's a few days before Christmas though, I just want to be happy with him. I want everything to work out, but I'm afraid that we have both already given up.

Things that have lead me to doubt our relationship in the past:
      -Our serious lack of a sex life (it was amazing at first, but now I feel like he just has no interest in me sexually).
      -Me feeling down. I feel like I'm pushing him away.

I guess that's it. A lot of it is just feelings, but not reasons, so it's a very hard thing for me to understand. I just want to cry, and I want to be held, but I don't have anyone here to hold me.

Thanks for listening.

You really really need to talk to him honey, sounds like you're getting yourself all messed up over this whole situation and it could be fixed easily if you sit down and open up.

Good luck.

So I just came back from his house and he offically broke up with me. His rationale was that we won't be together forever, he wants kids (eventually) and I don't (or, he said, maybe I will, but it's all up in the air, and he knows that he'll want them for sure). It's just so unfair.

It's cliche but I feel so...heartbroken.

I told him that I wish there was some magicaly thing I could say to him say "ok Jen" we'd hug and everything would be fine. But there was no magical word. There was no hug. And everything between us is not fine.

God, I feel like I could cry for years.

Join the singles club. No, it's not pathetic. No, we're not just sitting around waiting for a guy to come by and pick us up. We've got our own goals to fulfil and it's not dependent on a relationship. It'll take some time, but you'll get over this. Cry it all out until there's no more. Then the healing process can start. We're all just a PM away, and we're all rooting for you.
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]