A question...

• A question...

Okay, so it's winter break and I have two weeks off. Apparently, the teachers in my classes choose this time to bombard us with all of the material they couldn't squeeze in and its corresponding homework and projects. So I'm pretty much swamped. The thing is...I also work part time as this place in downtown. I honestly didn't expect to have so much work that needs to be done, so I told my boss that I would be more available during the break, which I am, but just not that much. Most of the other employees are on holiday, and it's pretty much only a few people left. I usually don't mind, since I still need to save up for university.

My boss has a severe back problem, and always calls me in to work overtime. I like her - and she's really kind to me. But now I'm working roughly everyday, for the entire day. I don't want to just tell her bluntly not to schedule me so much, because she's got her own problems, and no one else can work. At this rate, homework's just piling up...and the due date is fast approaching.

Any suggestions?
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: A question...

I would go talk to her and calmly explain that you have a lot of school work to do.

So, you can't come in that much, but you need the job still because you need to save up for college.

and if she's as nice as you say, I'm sure she'll understand.

Good luck! :]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by RockMeBaby&lt;3: spelling error haha ().

• Re: A question...

It really sounds like there isn't much more you can do rather than ask her for more time off. Or do you have a job that would allow you to perhaps do some classwork at work (we have a lot of students where I work, and especially around finals time we may allow them to bring a textbook to work and read it on their break or give them an extended lunch to use the computer in the back).

Most people really understand students, and most people feel education is important. I don't think that she would be angry at you for trying to do well in school, and it'd be unfair for her to expect you to take on so much responsiblity of the job when that really is her business. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and open your mouth if you know it's right. Sure it'll be an inconvenience, but there's no harm in that. Your schoolwork is important, and if you fail all of your classes, no matter how many hours you put in at this job isn't going to get you a diploma.