why do they do it??

• why do they do it??

well my parents just got divorced about 4 months ago...and i didnt care because i wanted them to. well now my mom is thinking about gettin remarried and my dad is sleepin with a girl 10 years younger than him...its sick..my mom and dad still yell and cuss when ever they see each other and even in front of my boyfriend and friends...it makes me so mad and depressed when i have to hear it over and over...i want to know how i can stop thinking about it and where i can deal with it without hurting myself...i just need help
    • Re: why do they do it??

Does it help if I tell you that they probably don't give much of a damn about you? If their fighting is more important to them than making you feel good, screw them both. Use 'em for what they got and maybe when they both grow up and you move it you can make peace with them.
      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.

Sometimes parents get so absolved with their own problems that they don't think about their own children. I'm sure they both love you still, even if they don't love each other, so you need to let them know how you feel. Sit them down individually and lay down the law(even though they are the parents). It's worth a shot at least.

Wishing you luck.
      Hello, how are you?

I know exactly what you're going through because I went through it myself. What I always had to ask myself is this: Are they happier together or apart? Are there less fights and arguments when they're together, or when they're apart? That's the main thing that got me through it, the fact that life looked a little better when they weren't together.

As for your Dad sleeping with someone 10 years younger, there's no doubt that's got to be a little hard to get used to. But I'm sure if she's around for a while you'll learn to like her or at least learn to deal with and be civil to her. But I feel for you here :[
      brodie: ladies and gentleman, this tall drink of water headed my way is a pillar of the shopping community who informed me earlier today of a nefarious plan of his to screw my girlfriend in an extremely uncomfortable place
      gil: what, like the back of a volkswagen? -MALLRATS

My parents went through the same thing, and so did my aunt and uncle, I was in the center of both. My dad actually got married to a women who is 15 years older and since my grandma had my dad at 15 they are the same age. It is really weird...but after a while you get used to it. You except the fact and move on.

They shoulden't be arguing around you, they sound incredibly selfish and they should know better. All you can do is talk to them, be strong, asertive, and tell them how immature and pathetic they are being.

Above all: Learn from their mistakes.
      [SIZE=3]I would never want to belong to a club that would have someone like me for a member! [/SIZE]:wink:
      [SIZE=3]-Woody Allen (originally by Groucho Marx)[/SIZE]
      ([SIZE=1]I'm on the far right in my pics)[/SIZE]

oh man, my mom and step-dad are in the middle of a divorce right now. Hes got a 20-something girlfriend, and he screams at my mom, neglects my sisters [who are his] and called the cops on my boyfriend twice [didnt want him in 'his' house], he also wont move out, and my mom makes a lot more money than him so she's getting stuck paying him like 100,000 dollars.

I feel for you, divorce blows.

my parents have been divorced for almost 10 years. my mom got remarried almost 5 years ago. and my dad is with this woman the same age as he is. my mom always seems to try and make my dad out to be the bad guy. and tells my stories that make him seem like a bad person. and the things she say make me hate my dad. and for that i hate her. i just dont get them. so its not only you who is going trough this crap.
      [CENTER]Signing off:[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Im alright in bed[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]but im better with a pen.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]:D [/CENTER]

methsnax wrote:

Does it help if I tell you that they probably don't give much of a damn about you? If their fighting is more important to them than making you feel good, screw them both. Use 'em for what they got and maybe when they both grow up and you move it you can make peace with them.

what the hell are u talking about?????!!!!!

Alrighty.. well.. I personally don't have any experiance in this department, but like others said, just 'lay down the law.' Tell them how you feel and how their fighting is tearing you up inside. If they truly love you and want what is best for you, they will resolve the fighting. If not, just threaten that if they can't reconcile then you will go stay at your friends or a close relative's house until they can learn to deal with their problems and start acting like civalized adults.

=]]