girl's parents trouble

• girl's parents trouble

so ive been dating this girl for awhile but after awhile her inconsiderate parents broke us up couple months later we got back together but in secret she tried to get her parents to understand eventually they let me come over and i thought it went well except her mom refused to talk to me after i did her dishes and said my hellos and goodbyes and commented on her furniture. so my gf told me shes afraid to hang out with me bc shes scared of getting in trouble so i told her i didnt want to be with her if her parents arent okay with it so she told me there was no hope so we split bc im not going to be a footnote i was hoping that the break up would influence her to talk to her parents did i do the right thing? what should i do?
    • Re: girl's parents trouble

The first thing to do here is to find out why her parents are against your relationship. As your girlfriend is clueless, you should get together and sit her parents down, talk it out face to face. You're willing to respect their wishes in order to be with their daughter, so it's only reasonable they hear you out. I'm afraid splitting you guys up wasn't the wisest thing. It doesn't seem like your girlfriend is that willing to work to make this relationship work, as her parents' disapproval is a huge obstacle. However, if you are willing, then you should get back together and have a conversation with them.

Support Leader,
      Kase~
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: girl's parents trouble

I don't know, you had a couple of options here and you chose one of them. you shouldn't be ashamed.

However, I do feel as though you handled it wrongly with the girl. It sounds as though you were rather harsh about something which is really beyond her control. She already stood up for you by being with you behind their back. She was trying and you expected a bit much from someone in a really tough spot. She had to choose between her parents and boyfriend. I think you should apologize and explain your frustration to her. Playing games like that is just confusing and hurts people.

And don't forget that patience may be the key here. You have another option. You can stick it out and prove yourself to them. Show them that you're a good guy and good for their daughter. And you'll be there for her, which you certainly didn't show by dumping her. Her parents will get more used to you as you're around more and hopefully see the good in you. But you're taking your frustration with then out on the girl. Is that fair?

The choice is yours. But either way, I don't think you're being very fair to someone in a tough spot already.
      [SIZE=6][SIZE=1]kid, I wrote back
      all lovers betray.
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]