friend's ex-gf

• friend's ex-gf

My third best friend liked this girl, and I didn't really find her sexually attractive, but I thought she was an awesome friend. He was the one who "discovered" her, and after a while, they ended up going out. I helped him a lot by talking to her, and I'm one of the main reasons they got together. But now she broke up with him, and I'm starting to find myself attracted to her, and whenever we're alone, she starts coming on to me and rubbing me and stuff. If I told him, he would say he didn't care, and I should go for it, cuz thats his personality. I don't wanna ruin our friendship though, and I don't know what to do. Help!
    • Re: friend's ex-gf

mastic7532 wrote:

My third best friend liked this girl, and I didn't really find her sexually attractive, but I thought she was an awesome friend. He was the one who "discovered" her, and after a while, they ended up going out. I helped him a lot by talking to her, and I'm one of the main reasons they got together. But now she broke up with him, and I'm starting to find myself attracted to her, and whenever we're alone, she starts coming on to me and rubbing me and stuff. If I told him, he would say he didn't care, and I should go for it, cuz thats his personality. I don't wanna ruin our friendship though, and I don't know what to do. Help!

I have just a question, exactly which friendship are you worried about? The friendship with the girl or your third best friend?

Edit: If you really like this girl, then maybe you should ask your friend for permission to go out with her. See if he's okay with it, although he could be saying "Sure, go ahead and go out with her" even if he might feel a little hesitant. Anyways, you should talk with your friend and see how he'll react and what he'll say. You always want to clear it up with him before moving along. The best way to go about it is to be upfront about your feelings and just tell him what he needs to know. However, if and when it comes down to it, you have to ask yourself which friendship you want to keep: the one with the girl or the one with your best friend.

Good luck with everything!

~ armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by armyforthebroken ().

Well, the only thing that you could do is talk to him. Make sure that he's comfortable with whatever you decide to pursue. If he's lying to you and not telling you that he won't feel comfortable with it, then it's not your fault. You can't read his mind. You're his friend and you care about how he feels. Therefore, you have taken the initiative to talk to him about it before doing anything. However, if you really don't want to ruin your friendship, just to be safe I'd suggest that you forget the girl and maintain your friendship with your best friend. Ultimately, it's a decision that you need to make. Weigh your options and in the end, do what you feel is best for you. Good luck with everything.

Take care.

mastic7532 wrote:

Agreeing with the above posts, your best bet is to be straight up with him about your feelings for her. Even though he may say it's fine and deep down he doesn't mean it, you have to do what's best for yourself. If he's a true friend, he'll be understanding and find a way to deal with it. Ultimately, you'll have to decide what's more important: the relationship or the friendship. Do what you think is best. Being honest with your friend is the best thing to do before you pursue anything. Get his opinion and hear him out first.
      good luck.

Support Leader,
      Jasmine
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Yeah I agree with the other people. If it seems true that your friend doesn't mind, then go for it. It happens a lot at high school, you'd be a good friend by talking to him about and and asking his opinion. So, as you said it looks like he wouldn't care, just talk to him about it first as it's the sincere thing to do for your friend and giving him a heads up as well.
      [CENTER]Maddi Love's Ryan
      >> teensuite.net <<
      [/CENTER]