Are you all serious?... [Yes, I dislike all of you]

• Re: Are you all serious?... [Yes, I dislike all of you]

People don't always do it for happiness or attention. Ya, you wonder why people do it but there's all kinds reasons. some people only do it for attention, but some people do it
      'caus they don't want to deal with things sometimes people would rather just not talk to other people 'caus they think no-one cares.
      And when i did it, i didn't do it for attention, or to be happy. I just did it 'caus it was easier to do that instead of talk to people. You will probably think its a lame excuse but it's the truth.

(i only double posted 'caus i was tired)

mikeyk wrote:

I read your stories and explanations, but I am still left uncertain why you people self harm and think suicidal?

"I have a perfect IQ, I am hot, and everyone likes me at school, but I can not connect to girls on an emotional level." Don't quote me unless you quote me right.

Are you serious? Listen how amazing your life is, just by your first sentence. I did not want you to describe your life story, and let me determine if you should be depressed out not. Yeah, some things in your story are depressing, but I don't think you understand that everyone deals with similar/worse problems. It seems as if you suicidal people are selfish. You think that you have the worst life, and nothing will change, do you guys keep in account about other kids across the world who don't even have parents, or their girlfriends/boyfriends died?

Once again, only you can control your emotions, no one else, and I think it is a poor attempt at seeking happiness, if all you have failed. It honestly is not hard, I have a pretty shitty life, and I did it? Am I saying I am better then you? No. I am saying that you guys put yourselves down, and think that life just wants to pick on you, and your lives will never get better, so I am going to self harm and be suicidal because there is no hope.

There is...

Following a "suicidals" logic, that when "things can't get better, and life is at it's all time low, I should just give up." Why is it that thousands of children's parents divorce, die, friends get killed, houses get lost, parents lose jobs, etc. etc. etc. But they achieve their aspiration of becoming happy? Why can't any of you? Is it because you are weak? Is it because you do not try hard enough? Is it because you are afraid? Pull yourselves together...

There is no reason to kill yourself. Life is better happy. I know.

First off, here is where I know were going to run into issues. You think differently. In my opinion, my life is far from amazing. Just because I'm smart and good looking doesnt mean anything if I have no ability to actually make friends. People hang around me for a few days then leave me alone because I am is just a laugh. Girls get depressed when they lose their BF's, and use me as a little tampon to fool around with until the next prince charming shows up... then I get ditched and some other girl shows up. Real fun that is eh?

Hell, I think you emphasize too much on parents. My grandma was basically my mom for the first 5 years of my life. 3 years after I started living with my mom, my grandma passed away. I sure as hell was not as tramatized as I am now having no friends to hang out with on the weekends, sitting home 24/7 being bored. Trust me, I try to make friends, but that doesnt seem to go over so well. Guys dont like me to begin with, and I'm somewhat of a let down to girls.

Now about your shitty life, Im not sure if you've posted those details yet, but I dont believe you have, so please share them with me? If you are so humbled by something so horrible, then I find it very hard to believe you would be ignorant enough to jump on a forum and tell a bunch of depressed people they fail at making themselves happy.

And like you said - it isnt hard. So I invite you, once again, to tell me the magical cure all for my problems. I've been trying to fix them for 3 years now, nothings working. Ok?

Now you'll probably say I am just an extreme exception, and I'd agree with you there. So I am not really going to expect much in the way of a response.

So the way I see it, the magical cure for everything in life is to get out of the house and ignore the bad shit that is thrown at you? Don't get me wrong, I agree with some things you are saying but for people who [tl;dr] to summerize your rant: 'Suck it up, quit being a pussy, go make something of yourself.'

Really? Lets just tell all the mental patients to just stop complaining and go work out. Remember, a portion of the people posting are probably to afraid to seek medical help for depression so they seek attention and reassurement from others via the internet. Posting a long rant about how they should 'suck it up' and go for a jog is just going to make things worse.

Just to get things straight, if someone told you that they were going to kill themselves because their parents call them a loser and failure at life for playing this 300 dollar gaming console, you would tell them, "They are probably right, their bad for spenind 300 dollars on you to waste your life infront of, go do a sport or some shit."

It's all mental dude, you cant tell someone to stop the voices in their heads, or to stop the way they feel. If people COULD do that, we'd have no mental cases. Your logic is based off of ignorance.
      [CENTER]~In a world that i dont want to know~
      ~With a message that i never want to send~
      ~To be free from all of this~
      ~I want you to quicken my end~
      [/CENTER]

You actually made quite a lot of good points there. I tend to stay away from this part of the forum for the most part because the majority of people on here who are screaming out depression have no idea of the meaning of the word, they're just going through a hard time and they're very down about it, that does not make them depressed, i'd hate to see how they would really cope with serious depression, over 90% of the posts on here are like that, even those that resolve to cutting themselves are usually not depressed, they just think they are. Breaking up with your boyfriend, falling out with your best mate, your parents splitting up, yes that stuff upsets you but it's nothing compared to losing family members and close friends or being abused your whole life.

I completley agree with your stereotype because it is true for the most part.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

mikeyk wrote:

"I'll admit it, ya it's stupid..."

Well there you go, thanks for proving my entire point.

It is stupid... Thank you.

So what if it is stupid? Do you need a person to tell you that everyone in their life died and then you can go and OK their depression?

Remeber that depression is pshycological, chemical, shit that you cant fix by telling them to suck it up. People will do things for stupid reasons. Their is no way to fix that, and your little rant wont help anyone.

mikeyk wrote:

Read
      Play Video Games
      Go On This Site
      Play Sports
      Exercise
      Watch Movies
      Listen to Music
      Pick Up A Hobbie
      Draw
      Play An Instrument
      Dance
      Run
      Lift Weights
      Write
      Get A Job
      Attempt to Make Friends
      Hang Out With Friends
      Find A Girl
      Eat Food
      Go Outside

The list goes on and on and on.

Read - Anxiety blocks any way to concetrate on things for long periods of time.

Play Video Games - Way to tell them to stay social

Go On This Site - That you just ranted about?

Play Sports - Social Phobia? Not athlectic enough?

Exercise - Because the firts thing I want to do when I start crying is run a mile and do fourty push-ups.

Watch Movies - Anxiety again, ADD, AD-HD... "The list goes on and on and on."

Listen to Music - Bands like Sences Fail, Marylin Manson, Fall Out Boy, AAR... Yeah that'll cheer me up... Oh and Listen to Lynard Skinner or Jimmy Buffet will make everything ok...

Pick Up A Hobbie - Anxiety... yeah. Do you think someone who has clinical depression is going to cath on quickly to stamp collecting or model building? Wait, after reading your rant that is riddeled in ignorance... you probably do...

Draw - Anxiety, not artistict... "Why draw depressed things when I can just live it?"

Play An Instrument - Oh yeah, someone with depression is so going to spend a year of their time trying to play an instrument, either that or give up the next day and hate themselves more because they can't even play a harmonica.

Dance - "Man I'm so depressed, I'm going to do the Chicken dance to make things all better."

Run - See Exercise

Lift Weights - See Exercise... man you're getting repetitive, are you running out of ideas? If so, how can the list go "on and on and on".

Write - Lack of creativity, Anxiety.

Get A Job - "Would you like fries with that?" Yeah, saying that sixty times a day sure brings up moods.

Attempt to Make Friends - "Attempt" nuff said.

Hang Out With Friends - Who you, as a depressed being, will want to avoid because the only thing that you feel helps you get through a single day is being alone.

Find A Girl - Do you mean 'Attempt' again?

Eat Food - Yeah lets give the manic depressive an eating disorder too!

Go Outside - ... and sit and cut yourself under a tree instead of your dark ol' boring room.
      [/CENTER]

Ghsthunter23 wrote:

So the way I see it, the magical cure for everything in life is to get out of the house and ignore the bad shit that is thrown at you? Don't get me wrong, I agree with some things you are saying but for people who [tl;dr] to summerize your rant: 'Suck it up, quit being a pussy, go make something of yourself.'

Really? Lets just tell all the mental patients to just stop complaining and go work out. Remember, a portion of the people posting are probably to afraid to seek medical help for depression so they seek attention and reassurement from others via the internet. Posting a long rant about how they should 'suck it up' and go for a jog is just going to make things worse.

Just to get things straight, if someone told you that they were going to kill themselves because their parents call them a loser and failure at life for playing this 300 dollar gaming console, you would tell them, "They are probably right, their bad for spenind 300 dollars on you to waste your life infront of, go do a sport or some shit."

It's all mental dude, you cant tell someone to stop the voices in their heads, or to stop the way they feel. If people COULD do that, we'd have no mental cases. Your logic is based off of ignorance.

You just said, "It's all mental dude." So obviously, it is possible for someone to "stop the voices in their head." Who else controls your emotions? No one. You do. You could have the worst life, but at least grow a pair and make the most out of what you have. Like I said, I see more smiles on homeless people then emo kids in my school, and probably on the forum. There is something wrong with that. As humans, we have the mental capability to control our emotions. It is scientifically known. You control your thoughts, and your thought process has a bearing on your physical life. Example: You sad all the time, so you might cut yourself to ease the pain. Well, if you weren't sad all the time, then you wouldn't have to cut yourself... Shit happens, life sucks, stop being ignorant and thinking that life dealt you a bad hand, everyone has shitty lives, it's just how you cope and adapt to the poor qualities you are born with.

And some, the classified "normal" people, grow stronger from their mistakes and their "sad times." Others, the people outcasted and isolated from society are the ones who think, "Life sucks, I'm going to sob all day and perhaps kill myself later."

We are all humans. No one is forcing you to be sad. If a kid whose parents died in a car crash, can become a successful, happier, stronger person, then so can you.

DrunknIrish wrote:

My IQ is in the 150+ range. I am highly gifted. I am relatively good looking. Most people find me hysterically funny. They also find me whiny and self centered. They find me non empathetic and emotionless. They find me elitist too. So they put me down, A LOT.

So, lets take a look at whats going on here. I know the answers, yet they're impossible for me to fix. My higher IQ gives me the same factors that most gifted kids run into, which is trouble communicating with others.

Not directly related to the thread but i needed to point this out because it annoys the hell out of me. You're not that way because you have a high IQ, you're that way because you choose to be, whether you believe that or not, it is true. I've always had a really high IQ and so have some of my friends but we don't let that take over our lives, you only have the trouble communicating with others because more than likely you've always looked down on people who aren't as clever as you or because they can't see things as clearly as you do. Just because you saw it coming doesn't mean you can't be sympathetic and need to act like a snob because you knew all along and feel nothing for them. Intelligence doesn't give you a right to act self centered and elitist, because you can deny it as much as you want but your obviously doing something to give off that impression. This is the reason us gifted and talented get such a bad name.

p.s. sorry for going off topic but it kind of relates as to being that way because you're making yourself that way.

mikeyk wrote:

Who else controls your emotions? No one. You do.

You might be right about some attention seekers that come to this forum, but not everyone can control their emotions so well and make his life what they want it to be, inside their possibilities.

And that's another reason to come to this forum and post in the depression topic.
      [RIGHT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]My lungs almost burn
      Of being so close and if it wasn't for you
      I'd think myself to be in hell.
      [/FONT][/SIZE]

[/RIGHT]

x-mercedes-x wrote:

Not directly related to the thread but i needed to point this out because it annoys the hell out of me. You're not that way because you have a high IQ, you're that way because you choose to be, whether you believe that or not, it is true. I've always had a really high IQ and so have some of my friends but we don't let that take over our lives, you only have the trouble communicating with others because more than likely you've always looked down on people who aren't as clever as you or because they can't see things as clearly as you do. Just because you saw it coming doesn't mean you can't be sympathetic and need to act like a snob because you knew all along and feel nothing for them. Intelligence doesn't give you a right to act self centered and elitist, because you can deny it as much as you want but your obviously doing something to give off that impression. This is the reason us gifted and talented get such a bad name.

p.s. sorry for going off topic but it kind of relates as to being that way because you're making yourself that way.

Thank you intellectual poster.

mikeyk wrote:

Thank you intellectual poster.

So only the people that agree with you are smart?

mikeyk wrote:

You just said, "It's all mental dude." So obviously, it is possible for someone to "stop the voices in their head." Who else controls your emotions? No one. You do. You could have the worst life, but at least grow a pair and make the most out of what you have. Like I said, I see more smiles on homeless people then emo kids in my school, and probably on the forum. There is something wrong with that. As humans, we have the mental capability to control our emotions. It is scientifically known. You control your thoughts, and your thought process has a bearing on your physical life. Example: You sad all the time, so you might cut yourself to ease the pain. Well, if you weren't sad all the time, then you wouldn't have to cut yourself... Shit happens, life sucks, stop being ignorant and thinking that life dealt you a bad hand, everyone has shitty lives, it's just how you cope and adapt to the poor qualities you are born with.

You fail to grasp the concept that mental disorders are only treatable by:

Medication - Medicantions correct chemical imbalances that THE INDIVIDUAL HAS NO CONTROL OF. "Uh-Oh, my serotonin levels are too low, i'm gunna make some more!"

CBT - Cognitave Behavioral Therapy, "Mr. Itellectual", which allows the patient to get whatever he is thinking about off his mind and learn tools and metal exercises that will SLOW DOWN BUT NOT COMPLETELY fix the thoughts in his head.

You cannot tell a phobic to stop being afraid of whatever. You cannot tell an OCD to stop being obsessive. And you cant tell a depressed person to suck it up and "grow a pair". How about you go and bench half a ton or fly to school? oh, you can't, it isn't possible. How about you tell a anorexic to shut the hell up and eat something. What kind of reaction are you going to get?

You here, "Mr. Intellectual" are the ignorant one. Take some psychology classes, or actually, look some shit up on wikipedia first before you tell someone with a mental disorder to "suck it up and grow a pair". You might as well tell a person with Cancer or AIDS to quit complaining and "go outside".
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ghsthunter23 ().

i too am tired of people who are quasi-depressed complaining about being dumped or not having any friends...

...but what you fail to understand is real depression, and i'm talking major depressive disorder, is an illness. It is a genetic predisposition. You may think your self logical and believe it curable through "stick it through" means, but it's not.

It can happen to you regardless of whether you have a good life or not. I don't fit into your 'mold' of what a depressed person is.

I'm popular, I'm an honours student, president of the student council, and head prefect at my school.

Still, I have major depression and suicidal thoughts. So although I agree with you, I think you may have to revisit your definition of depression and those it affects.

Ghsthunter23 wrote:

Medication - Medicantions correct chemical imbalances that THE INDIVIDUAL HAS NO CONTROL OF. "Uh-Oh, my serotonin levels are too low, i'm gunna make some more!"

CBT - Cognitave Behavioral Therapy, "Mr. Itellectual", which allows the patient to get whatever he is thinking about off his mind and learn tools and metal exercises that will SLOW DOWN BUT NOT COMPLETELY fix the thoughts in his head.

You cannot tell a phobic to stop being afraid of whatever. You cannot tell an OCD to stop being obsessive. And you cant tell a depressed person to suck it up and "grow a pair". How about you go and bench half a ton or fly to school? oh, you can't, it isn't possible. How about you tell a anorexic to shut the hell up and eat something. What kind of reaction are you going to get?

You here, "Mr. Intellectual" are the ignorant one. Take some psychology classes, or actually, look some shit up on wikipedia first before you tell someone with a mental disorder to "suck it up and grow a pair". You might as well tell a person with Cancer or AIDS to quit complaining and "go outside".

What I think Mike is getting at (or 'Mr. Intellectual' as you might call him) is the people who don't have depression or some other mental illness and moan about their lives and how bad it is when really, most people would consider their life to be great.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghsthunter23 wrote:

You've completley missed the point, it's the point that the majority of teenagers who complain about depression don't have a clue about any form of mental issues or true mental depression, even those who cut themselves or go on aout being suicidal they don't have a clue.

mikeyk wrote:

Actually, you guys missed the point. Did you actually read this quote? Ignorace is spilled all over it. Apperently, a schizophrenic can be cured if enough people tell him/her that s/he needs to stop making up voices in their head and "grow a pair".
      [/CENTER]

I agree and I disagree. :p

I'll agree that it's sad to cut for attention, but I don't believe everyone does it for that reason.

There are some kids who will do the whole "emo" or "scene kid" look while cutting themselves, which normally leads me to believe (if the scars/cuts are clearly visible) that they do it for attention. If someone cuts themselves, and wears something like a hoodie to cover it up, then they obviously aren't doing it for the attention.

Cutting gives the cutter an escape from the mental and emotional pains of their lives, even for just a moment. Some peoples lives are bad enough that doing this is actually more helpful then harmful, or so they believe.

There are millions of children and teens who are abused either physically, mentally, or emotionally everyday. If you were emotionally tramatized, always fearing the person who abused you, then cutting would help draw your mind from that person. Yes, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to hurt yourself more, but pain quickly takes a persons thoughts so it does serve its purpose.

I'm not saying cutting is a good thing, but there are more reasons to do it then just attention.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year! I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass
      as I go nowhere, and this is my reaction to everything I fear. Cause I've been going crazy, I don't wanna waste another minute here.
      [/CENTER]

Ghsthunter23 wrote:

I do not want to come between you two but I think you misunderstood the posters' point.
      I do not think he is making fun on the people who are ACTUALLY depressed or ACTUALLY suicidal. He is pointing out the fact that a lot of people blow up their problems way out of proportion. For example: A girl doesn't like me back althought I think she is cute.....I think I am going to go and cut my self and then maybe pop a few pills because this world is unfair. VS A person who is ACTUALLY / "clinically" depressed due to: be it chemical imbalance or w/e the reason (real reason).
      The King of Mind-Fuck

DeamonD wrote:

I do not want to come between you two but I think you misunderstood the posters' point.
      I do not think he is making fun on the people who are ACTUALLY depressed or ACTUALLY suicidal. He is pointing out the fact that a lot of people blow up their problems way out of proportion. For example: A girl doesn't like me back althought I think she is cute.....I think I am going to go and cut my self and then maybe pop a few pills because this world is unfair. VS A person who is ACTUALLY / "clinically" depressed due to: be it chemical imbalance or w/e the reason (real reason).

Again, please read my above post and read the quote.
      [/CENTER]