Homosexuality.. What do you feel/think about it?

• Homosexuality.. What do you feel/think about it?

I myself am comfortable with homosexuals, i have many gay and Bi friends and too me its not fair for anyone to judge. The people i know are so amazing, yet certain times they have been bullied or descrimintaed against because of who they are sexualy attracted to.

So answer me this, Why do so many people feel that being gay is *wrong* ?
      And whats your personal view on it all ?

[SIZE=7]♥[SIZE=2]Love Is something we must all Cheerish, Too many times have i never told her how i felt, and i lost the one i Loved. So now i say my feelings, some times it doesnt work out.. But im happy knowing that they know how i feel.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    • Re: Homosexuality.. What do you feel/think about it?

Many people feel that being homosexual is *wrong* because it's simply not the norm, or so people think. Some people are not able to accept homosexuals for a variety of different reasons. Some may not accept them because it is against their religion in which they are faithful to, some may not accept it because they are homosexuals themselves and put on a mask in order to hide behind it, some just go along with what everyone else thinks and are not capable of using their own minds, etc. As you can see, these are merely a few reasons as to why one may be against homosexuality.

Personally, I have no issues with it. Yes, homosexuality is against my religion. However, discrimination is as well. As you can see, one who uses the *homosexuality is against my religion* excuse is a hypocrite because it also tells you not to discriminate as well. I have no problems with people who have a different sexuality than heterosexual. I have many friends who are homosexual, bisexual, etc. and I don't see them any different as if they were heterosexual. To me, one's sexual preference doesn't make a person in the slightest. I don't even pay attention to things like that when I see a person. There is much more to a person than their sexuality and whatnot.

Lots of gays and lesbians and bi's within my friend group. I have no problem with it. I just don't like it when guys hit on me. Guy in my class tried to kiss me at a party once. He managed to get in contact with my cheek before my reaction speed overcame my semi-drunkenness. He was going for full french. I made like a tree and got the fuck out of there.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Iceman_ wrote:

Lots of gays and lesbians and bi's within my friend group. I have no problem with it. I just don't like it when guys hit on me. Guy in my class tried to kiss me at a party once. He managed to get in contact with my cheek before my reaction speed overcame my semi-drunkenness. He was going for full french. I made like a tree and got the fuck out of there.

lol understandable...but it would have been fine if you had like a second kiss.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i felt uncomfortable around an older gay cousin, though to some point im bi.
      im weird, i know
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]

Most Vicious Pitbull wrote:

And if someone is a homosexual, that means they have something wrong with them mentally physically, like a disease. And that is my opinion on this issue. Bong!

Granted its your opinion but how can you brandish homosexuals as Mentally Ill ? And disease, From what ive read of yours, Your more likely to have a disease with the constant referring to not using condoms.
      [SIZE=7]♥[SIZE=2]Love Is something we must all Cheerish, Too many times have i never told her how i felt, and i lost the one i Loved. So now i say my feelings, some times it doesnt work out.. But im happy knowing that they know how i feel.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Most Vicious Pitbull wrote:

Homosexuality is wrong for many reasons. I ain't religious, but if you are, it's wrong for religion reasons. And if someone is a homosexual, that means they have something wrong with them mentally physically, like a disease. And that is my opinion on this issue. Bong!

wow...its no disease sir, its jsut not like you. do you know human dna is liek 98% bonobo dna and bonobos are all very sexual and bi
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

from a scientific standpoint it is wrong, the species would not be able to reproduce.

Sabrina pointed out the social reasons quite well, so I will not review them.

As far as pitbulls view is concerned it is merely an oppinion. It has no evidence to draw on so don't dwardle on it. Personally I believe homophobics are on the same level as racists, yes it is wrong from a scientific standpoint but who the f... cares about that any more? Be gay and proud I say =)

How would you feel if somebody told you that you couldn't love somebody else? Until 1967, it was illegal for people of different races to marry. Nowadays it's looked on as nothing at all.

I really don't think that anti-homosexual people can provide one good argument aside from "it's just wrong."

I am personally queer myself. I don't quite get why everybody has a problem with people of the same sex hitting on them if they are straight. I dont get what the fuss is, whats the difference between somebody of the same sex hitting on you, and somebody of the opposite sex that is unattractive and hitting on you.

^I agree to some extent, but I say why push it. Just leave people alone if that's what they want.

I think homosexuality is just a natural occurrence. Seeing as I'm gay myself, I'm fairly sure I don't have a mental disorder like MVP thinks. One more thing:

Homophobia- Fear of oneself.
      [SIZE=2]:freehugs::hugs::freehugs::hugs:[/SIZE]