I may be temporary parent.

• I may be temporary parent.

This sounds crazy, I know. You're all probably saying in your heads ' It's a full time thing ' . I suppose, but not for me right now. My brothers girlfriend had a baby 3 weeks ago. When the baby was born they took blood, like they'd do to any new born and found Alcohol in the baby's body. Now, there is no way for a 10 minute old baby to get ahold of any alcohol so the mother (my brother girfriend) must have drank 24 hours before. This of which, my brother did not know anything about. That sent a red flag to the Childrens Aid. They've tried to keep an eye on them, make sure the baby is safe.
      My brother was at work and they showed up, unnanounced. Although this is how they do check-ups, so she wouldn't have time to 'sober' or hide anything. She opend the door and they announced who they were and she closed the door on them. Any *Normal* person would know to never do that. Now, they've warned my brother that someone is calling and reporting her. Everyone thinks who ever did it is a hero, because they are. She drinks, and does drugs and no one finds her safe alone with the baby. My brother is great. Because she refused to have a job since about, a year ago he has to work longer hours.
      Anyways, long story short.. if she closes the door on them the baby will be put in foster care. But because I'm the god mother I will have the option of taking it until they settle everything.
      My mother said she'll help me along.. because well, i'm not exactly ready to be a full time 'parent'.

People will always talk about you
      Might as well give them something to talk about
    • Re: I may be temporary parent.

I do hope you take the child. She is a terrible mother and I hope that her addictions haven't caused the child any future complications though if she was drinking and using drugs during pregnancy that is unfortunately very likely.

You have my condolences for this burden but I hope it's one that you will enjoy carrying.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

....I want to slap that girl. I really do.
      Drinking while pregnant?!
      REFUSING to get a job? Who the hell does she think she is....BAH

Anyway (sorry for the rant)....I can't really say anything other than good luck, and I mean it. And I really hope it will all resolve without and BS....
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Yeah, thats how she was braught up. Although she is an adult and has a mind of her own.
      Anyways.. Thanks guys. :)
      Her and I.. yeah we're known to have fights and aren't exactly allowed alone together. One point she said she wanted a blunt. I flipped and called a Alcoholic and alot of horrible things. My mom and brother tried to get me to say sorry.. But i will not say sorry to something true.
      We're moving soon anyways. Also the place were looking at has a 'guest room' that I may convert. Hehe, if not.. he's more then welcome in my room.
      Just wanted to add, my dog is TERRIFIED of him. Hehe, pretty weird because my dog is a jumper, and a biter so when I saw him run from the baby's yells.. Cutest thing in the world. Now he just crys with the baby. No joke, i'll have to take a video.

I don't like dogs, I think I'll take a sadistic enjoyment in watching that video lol

It's a terrible burden but I really hope you get that child, I'd pity a child having to grow up in an environment with that woman.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

Thanks.
      I already have some expirience. I used to be a babysitter for a 7 month old baby girl, I'd get her at 7:30 and return her at 7 pm. She went everywhere with me, family dinners.. she was there. So I pretty much have some idea what i'm getting into, but I also know the diffrence of a 7 month old, and a 3 week old.
      Ergh. :)

Well it's good you have some experience. I think you should definitely help out in taking care of her. It might be a bit tough, but in the end I am sure you will find it was worth it. And it's not like you are going to be alone taking care of the child, right? I'm sure parents and other relatives will be glad to help you out. So good luck, yeah?
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]

All I can really say is I know exactly what you'll be going through, I raised my niece from day 1 until she was 18 months old, so beware, sometimes they take longer then expected to get everything situated.

Good luck!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/DarkCandiie/all_you_need_is_love.jpg[/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Yeah I live with my mom, and she'll help out. Also, if I don't take him and his GodFather does, then thats trouble. He's into drugs and stuff like that, I have no clue why they put him the god father but they did and there is NO way i'm letting the baby go there.
      Pretty sad, my SIL doesn't even know how to hold the baby.

I hope you do take the child. This way your brother would still be in the child's life and be able to see the child. Of course, if you didn't there's always open parent adoptions.

You seem like a nice person and you clearly have a loving family which is good for the child. However, I do feel bad for the child and the mother. The child because no baby deserves to be put in that situation, even though the baby doesn't understand it now. The child will have to probably deal with and accept what happened when it's older. And the mother because she is dumb enough to let all of this happen, your brother seems like a good guy and now she probably lost him because of her stupidty.

But anyway,
      good luck with all of this.:)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

He works from 7 am to 4 pm. ( I think, but around that ) and when he gets home, he makes dinner, he does the chores, and he feeds and takes care for the baby. He's even the one to get up in the middle of the night. -.-
      I'm 16 and i'd be a better mother. I'm not lazy, and heck.. if I stayed home after the baby ( you have 4 months ) i'd make dinner and clean.. it's not hard to pass a broom. She says shes still in pain. 3 WEEEKS. My mom cleaned the windows the day after she had me. She also went grocery shopping the same day she did the windows.
      My SIL say's it hurts her to hold the carseat. So I have to carry it around when they leave ( my brother goes to get the car because she refuses to walk to it ).

yeah she sounds like she is just skimping out on work. on the other hand though everybodies body is different so she might actually still be in pain. when i was born my mother was fine but for my brother she had to stay hospitalized for 2 weeks. so you cant really compare different peoples pregnancies. but its good the baby has such a caring godmother to look after it.