Starting a family.

• Re: Starting a family.

I have experience as in I am married.
      Lol, sorry but being married does not qualify you as an expert ;)
      By your logic, I can change the wheel on a car and deem my self an expert-mechanic and then make assumptions about how things should be fixed while not actually knowing how to do anything other that guess. (I know exactly what you will say next: that I am not married and hence I do not even come close to your level of expertise. Well...perhaps you are right...I guess doctors should somehow develop lung cancers, problems with hearts, break their legs, etc and fix it on the selves FIRST...before attempting it on others...right?)

I have taken college psychology. Not JUST high school. Family law was also in college. What have you had? High school, maybe one college level class? If that even.
      Sorry buy no :P
      I have university level courses in general law, contract law, psychology sociology and anthropology and HR ;)
      So you have had a whole TWO CLASSES in college....dang. Is that where taught you no research skills and said that all those statistics are just government propaganda trying to force-feed you wrong information?

You can say that it didn't average in the millionaires all you want, it doesn't make it true.
      You STILL did not prove me wrong, nor did you provide sources. So then basically you saying that it did average in the "millionaires" DOES make it true?

Unlike your statistics, mine aren't made up by me, rather research out of college pyschology books.
      Mine are made up? I actually do research before I give the facts. I asked you to prove me wrong by saying that the # YOU got was true and mine was wrong. if I am wrong and I made up my facts, it should be sooo much easier to prove me wrong....Oh thats right, you like to assume.
      And college "pyschology" books? I actually would love to give a read to those books of yours which stray from the typical, generally accepted discipline. Perhaps you were lucky enough to have access to those which are brave enough to publish a book which does not tell lies like all the other ones. But no seriously, you said you did some research on the divorce rates....and you said you found a number rather quickly which was far different from mine. Can you please do that again for me just to shut me up. All I need is the text's Author, name, publishers location(town), year when it was published (all of which will be in the book....obviously) and a page # where you got the # from. That's all.

I have to assume that you have never left your house if you assume that I live in a town with a population of 12.
      Oh damn...nice comeback. You got me there. But what do you actually base it on? I based mine on the fact that everything you told me was basically based on your aunt...and nothing/no one else......and yet you claim to have "experience". So obviously your population sample must be rather small....12 sounded about right.

I'm not readying the rest of your shit. Had you actually quoted, or made an attempt to I might have reconsidered.
      You mean "reading"?
      Quoted what? You? I quoted pretty much everything you wrote I think, unless I missed something or deemed it not necessary to quote.
      You still have not proved anything...and I believe less and less that you are actually married. I am starting to think you are a young girl (guessing you are a girl) around the age of 13 whos believes were challenged...and all she can do it pretend to be smart, lie, assume and stomp her little feet who has a boyfriend which she wants to marry when the time comes and just can't wait. I know prob. got some stuff wrong there...like maybe the age, etc.....but I have a pretty good feeling that I am close.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage
      50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.”

According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
      The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
      The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
      The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%
      Taken from here: Divorce Rate : Divorce Rate In America

In truth, the divorce rate after 30 years of marriage is above 50 percent for some groups and it is much lower for others. In general, those who married younger in life have higher divorce rates, while those who have more education have lower divorce rates. Highly educated people who married later in life have the lowest likelihood of divorce.
      From here: http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/50-Divorce-Rate-For-All/story.aspx?guid={76FBB2A4-3F01-429B-87D2-A727C9123672}

Defining what number the "Divorce Rate" is, however, is elusive and perhaps impossible. There are many different valid measurements. Probably, 40 or possibly up to 50 percent of marriages will end in divorce if current trends continue. However, that is only a projection and a prediction. It does not reflect current reality or the recent past, and things certainly could turn out differently.
      From here: Divorce Statistics Collection - Summary of Results So Far

The general consensus is that the divorce rate is considerably high, but varies depending on conditions. Even with that kind of data in hand, they still come out with a fairly high number of 40%. I already sold my psychology textbook, so I can't really take any info from there.

Also, on the cost of divorce ...

How much does it actually cost to get a divorce? A lot more than you may think! Most people forget to include a number of factors in this equation. One such aspect is given low priority or concern. This aspect deals with the expenses of running two households. If you’re wealthy, this may not be a big issue. If you are very poor, this too may not apply. But if you are like most Americans living in the middle-income bracket, you must consider this financial picture before you depart.
      From here: Divorce Support - Cost of Divorce

They're only articles, but it's better than nothing. I'll let those do the talking instead.

I wasn't going to take part in this, but since DeamonD said he wanted some sources, I'd give him some (albeit very little)
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]
    • I never claimed to be an expert, your sad attempt to put words in my mouth has failed. All I have ever said was that I have experience and obviously that is true and you are trying to by some means discredit that, and you will not. You lame example makes absolutely no sense because I have in fact never claimed to be an expert.

You still have not proven yourself correct, nor will you.

I have based a single example on my aunt, that by no means implies that all of my information has come from that single example. I did a lot of research before I got married to be sure that the decision I was making was a wise one, and it in fact very much was.

Oh, I had one typo, stop the presses.
      You did not quote me. You copied and pasted what I had said. That is not quoting. A quote would look like this
      This is indeed a quote
      Once again, I only skimmed because you did not quote.

Real Chance
      My actual chance of divorce is less than 10%.

By now almost everyone has heard that the national divorce rate is close to 50% of all marriages. This is true, but the rate must be interpreted with caution and several important caveats. For many people, the actual chances of divorce are far below 50/50.
      Also, it should be realized that the "close to 50%" divorce rate refers to the percentage of marriages entered into during a particular year that are projected to end in divorce or separation before one spouse dies.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt: Merged Double Post ().

Arsonist wrote:

You did not quote me. You copied and pasted what I had said. That is not quoting. A quote would look like this

Once again, I only skimmed because you did not quote.

A quote can also look like this. They teach you that in english. It's a matter of reading thoroughly, and if you're not going to read thoroughly I don't see the point of you continuing this. You're not a very effective debater, are you? :/
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]
    • So now we are moving from facts to insults...lol
      I never claimed to be an expert, your sad attempt to put words in my mouth has failed.
      My my you are a sharp one. Was it not you who claimed to have experience in this area? Was is not you who said pretty much "I know what I am talking about and you do not. I have experience in this" That is equivalent of saying that you are an expert. Definition of an expert: a person who has special skill or knowledge in some particular field. Basically someone you claimed to be.
      And I am the one who is attempting to put words in YOUR mouth? I believe it was you who claimed I make up statistics. But only after saying that I have read the real ones....but they are FAKE and are force-fed to me. (look up "Consistency" when it comes to arguments)

All I have ever said was that I have experience and obviously that is true and you are trying to by some means discredit that, and you will not. You lame example makes absolutely no sense because I have in fact never claimed to be an expert.
      No....you do not have experience. You have been married for a year.....being married for a year, does not mean that you have "experience". And experience in WHAT? Divorce? You have been divorced? Worked with people who have (your aunt does not count). Read anything on it at ALL....done any research WHAT so ever other than that website (which is hilarious, I will get back to it in a bit)?

You still have not proven yourself correct, nor will you.
      Indeed. After all

I have based a single example on my aunt, that by no means implies that all of my information has come from that single example. I did a lot of research before I got married to be sure that the decision I was making was a wise one, and it in fact very much was.
      .............................Forgive me for asking this....but how the hell......do you research being married. No you haven't. Don't lie. You got married because you loved your husband. And I am challenging you and perhaps making your worried. That is called denial.

Oh, I had one typo, stop the presses.
      Oh relax, it was a joke.

Why must I quote? You will have to forgive me if I do not make every possible attempt at making you comfortable. This is easier for me, so I will do it this way. Are you saying that if someone is not doing something that does not fit "your standards" then it is not worth anything? Are you claiming to be perfect? All knowing and wise?...God?

Once again, I only skimmed because you did not quote
      Well too bad.....you are trying to prove me wrong by, again, just blabbering out a whole bunch of crap as fast as you can without actually doing anything.
      If I did not know any better, I would start thinking that you are intentionally ignoring my points because you can not disprove them.
      I mean honestly....the book example would have shut me up pretty damn easy....and yet I see nothing other than "Duuuhh I am not gon' read cuz u am not put in quotes" I thought you would at least have enough brain power to tell the different between italic text and normal text....

As for the Real Chance website
      ..................Really? You are going to come to me with THAT after saying that the statistics are made up and bullshit? Honestly? Come on now......really now you are just making a fool out of yourself =\
      Anyone can bend the argument and change their opinions through-out the debate....and that only shows that you are NOT SURE as to what the hell you are talking about.....I thought you would at least know that. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would stick to it. You would point out that something I say and call it stupid, then as soon as you find something that MIGHT work in your favor, you turn around and sell your self. By pointing me to that website you have failed in 2 points: 1) your claim that all statistics are bs 2) your claim that the statistics that you get are REAL and not from the internet.....and yet here we are.

Also, if you have read carefully and actually though about it....I did not attack YOUR marriage. I challenged the IDEA...of marriage VS common law. Your marriage, by no means, is the model marriage Ms. Married for a year. You defending your marriage out of nowhere....goes to show, yet again, that I have made you worried. But obviously you will never admit to that.

In addition, THIS:
      "According to the research, married couples' assessment of the quality of
      their marriage starts to sink rapidly just after the "I do" and continues
      downward through the first four years. The quality of marriage plateaus
      after that first dip and then declines again during years eight, nine and
      10--the "seven-year itch" part."

Was taken from that website you tried to "own" me with....

Your move.....

P.S. I am still waiting for that book.

captain_kurenai wrote:

A quote can also look like this. They teach you that in english. It's a matter of reading thoroughly, and if you're not going to read thoroughly I don't see the point of you continuing this. You're not a very effective debater, are you? :/

Thank you, btw :P
      The King of Mind-Fuck

The post was edited 4 times, last by Matt: Merged Double Post ().

Arsonist wrote:

Are you going to be married?

I hope so ...:)

But..like...well my love wants to get married in Italy and that's expensive. I hope I'll have enough money =3

I want to give her everything she can dream of about her wedding and more.

Do you have a certain age that you want to start having kids?[/quote]
      Atleast 25....or if we are settled and not struggling with money.

I'd have to be very well off by the time I decide to settle down with a family. Probably around my thirties. Maybe a fancy wedding, maybe not.

And honestly, to those who are still arguing... there is no point. I doubt anyone is willing to read through all of those paragraphs, and it just makes the case you're representing even more complicated and tiresome. There is a debate forum.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

You are getting extremely childish, and I am not going to continue this discussion.
      Stating that I have experience and have a quite a bit of knowledge does not in any way imply that I claimed to be an expert. You were simply expecting me not to have experience and are simply looking for any way possible to attempt to discredit me. I do give you props however for not being immature to the point of trying to say I am not married, atleast not yet.

Arsonist wrote:

You are getting extremely childish, and I am not going to continue this discussion.
      Stating that I have experience and have a quite a bit of knowledge does not in any way imply that I claimed to be an expert. You were simply expecting me not to have experience and are simply looking for any way possible to attempt to discredit me. I do give you props however for not being immature to the point of trying to say I am not married, atleast not yet.

Sooooo....I am immature because I tried to...discredit you? Um......*thinks*....alright? I am not.....quiet sure.....that you know how to use that word properly. Or are you still doing that "100 insults/minute whether it makes sense or not" thing?

And I am also immature for saying....not even saying.....assuming that due to the way you talk points to the fact that you are not...and then even ADMITTING that I may be wrong? :rolleyes:

And I am the immature one for not quoting you the way you wanted me to. And when I didn't it was me who said "waahh i am not gonna read cuz u no quote right". riiiiiiight.....

How convenient for you lol.

This is pretty interesting, you can't even admit defeat...and you call me immature. So I that my "little girl who stomps her feet when she does not get her way" theory is correct. And the way you behave is pointing more and more to the fact that you may, indeed, not be married.

I am actually starting to think that all these "I am married" and "I am getting a baby" things you posted were just your attempt at living a life you wanted and hence you created this little..."persona" on the forums so pretend that you do live that life. Still playing house? And when I questioned your perfect little world, it scared you and you tried to shut me down time after time...and failed.......miserably. Yeah, I am the immature one.
      The King of Mind-Fuck
    • DeamonD wrote:

Sooooo....I am immature because I tried to...discredit you? Um......*thinks*....alright? I am not.....quiet sure.....that you know how to use that word properly. Or are you still doing that "100 insults/minute whether it makes sense or not" thing?

And I am also immature for saying....not even saying.....assuming that due to the way you talk points to the fact that you are not...and then even ADMITTING that I may be wrong? :rolleyes:

And I am the immature one for not quoting you the way you wanted me to. And when I didn't it was me who said "waahh i am not gonna read cuz u no quote right". riiiiiiight.....

How convenient for you lol.

This is pretty interesting, you can't even admit defeat...and you call me immature. So I that my "little girl who stomps her feet when she does not get her way" theory is correct. And the way you behave is pointing more and more to the fact that you may, indeed, not be married.

I am actually starting to think that all these "I am married" and "I am getting a baby" things you posted were just your attempt at living a life you wanted and hence you created this little..."persona" on the forums so pretend that you do live that life. Still playing house? And when I questioned your perfect little world, it scared you and you tried to shut me down time after time...and failed.......miserably. Yeah, I am the immature one.

Yes, you are extremely immature, and it is completely laughable that you think that I have been insulting you 100 time/min.
      If you are trying to imply that I am not married, that is extremely funny.
      I stated that you didn't quote me, which you did not. When on an internet board you actually quote someone. It was in no way worth my time to read through my replies to find yours. It's barely worth my time to read when you quote properly. I in no way bitched about the way you quoted. I stated a fact, it was not worth the time or effort for me to read through to find your replies, and it obviously wasn't.
      I would have to be wrong to admit defeat, yes, you are immature. You cannot admit defeat when you are wrong. I think it is also hilarious that you refer to me as a little girl. I have not been a little girl, in mind or body for MANY years.
      It is a fact that I am married. There is no debating that and I will not even entertain the idea.
      I do very much live the life that I have presented on this site. I have no reason what-so-ever to make anything up. Perhaps you do, and that is the reason in which you would like to claim that I am not, but all I know is that I am in fact married, and possibly pregnant. Believe me, nothing you have said has "scared" me in the least. I am amused per say, but not at all "scared". Yes, you are extremely immature, and you have very much failed to prove any points. You have words on a computer screen, I have experience.
      You can in no way prove first hand anything that you have stated. You can only go with what people have told you. I didn't not expect you to be open minded given your immaturity however, so I am not suprised in the least.

I also hope you know how easy it is going to be for me to prove I am married if it comes down to you being so immature that you need proof.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt: Merged Double Post ().

yay you replied ^^
      K lets see here....where can i prove you wrong using minimal effort...this will be easy.

Yes, you are extremely immature, and it is completely laughable that you think that I have been insulting you 100 time/min.
      Wow...nice come back. You got me there. Look up: exaggeration as a joke. Actually while you are at it, look up joke and how to quote too(you will see why "quote" pretty soon)

If you are trying to imply that I am not married, that is extremely funny.
      .....You really like that word. How is that funny? I am NOT trying to insult you but...is English your second language? Because you are using the word excessively without actually...pointing as to why it is funny....so..another fail there.

I stated that you didn't quote me, which you did not.
      Yes I did. There are numerous ways to quote. A person of an average intelligence does not need a BOX to tell him or her that the paragraph is a quote.

When on an internet board you actually quote someone. It was in no way worth my time to read through my replies to find yours. It's barely worth my time to read when you quote properly. I in no way bitched about the way you quoted. I stated a fact, it was not worth the time or effort for me to read through to find your replies, and it obviously wasn't.
      Ok ok, relax. We got it, "it is not worth your time" cause you are extremely busy with your married life and so much better than me and on such a higher level that it is simply not "good enough" for you. And yes, you bitched. You complained about the fact that I did not quote you the way princess Arsonist would have liked. That is bitching. I will say it AGAIN "Learn to tell the god damn difference between ITALIC text and NORMAL text.

I would have to be wrong to admit defeat, yes, you are immature.
      Uh....where were you right? A single VALID point would give you at least a credit. And omg, that word again :rolleyes: Do you want me to sum up all of your arguments so far? Here they are: "Wah wah, you are immature, wah wah, you are immature, wah wah, i am married, wah wah this si funny, wah wah, you are immature" That is all you have been saying...nothing more...nothing less. No valid points, no valid arguments, no sources....and I am STILL waiting for that book....the point which, oh so conveniently, keep "missing" because you can not tell the difference between italic and normal text. (I have pointed it out for your convenience. Go on...tell me you are not going to do that because I have not shown you sources and then call em immature again (i hope you see the irony in that and I do not need to explain it.........god I hope I don't because then my fear of "I am arguing with a moron" will be proved) )

You cannot admit defeat when you are wrong.
      What points which I have made, were actually wrong. If you have a memory span of a fish, I am willing to go back and point things out yet again. Argh, I am such a nice guy...making this debate all comfortable for you.

I think it is also hilarious that you refer to me as a little girl. I have not been a little girl, in mind or body for MANY years. It is a fact that I am married. There is no debating that and I will not even entertain the idea.
      Who said you are not? I said I am assuming due to the way you act. You can be married, act married, be 70 years old....and still have an IQ, EQ and MQ of a 13 year old girl..which you do.

I do very much live the life that I have presented on this site. I have no reason what-so-ever to make anything up. Perhaps you do,
      Really....what would that be and what have I made up? Are you going to target my assumptions as facts again? ...another fail.

and that is the reason in which you would like to claim that I am not, but all I know is that I am in fact married, and possibly pregnant.
      .........I am not gonna lie, would have been awesome if I was right about what I said in regards to your life and your persona, cause that would mean I am beyond awesome, but alas..

Believe me, nothing you have said has "scared" me in the least. I am amused per say, but not at all "scared". Yes, you are extremely immature, <<<Really? .....again? please refer to the above comment I have made regarding the summary of your arguments.

and you have very much failed to prove any points. You have words on a computer screen, I have experience.
      ..........*sigh* Are we seriously going to do this again? Alright, I guess it takes a hammer to get some points into your head.
      1) What experience? The divorce of your aunt, does not give you any credible experience.
      2) Neither does being married for a year. I have had a relationship for 5 years....you did for 2 and what...a half? w/e the number, it appears I have more experience than you do. The only thing which you surpass me in in having a piece of paper....wow...nice. I will and won't be surprised if you actually resort to THAT as a point where you, supposedly, have more experience than I do.

You can in no way prove first hand anything that you have stated. You can only go with what people have told you.
      Uhhhh......what people? But no, I have already thanked you for saving me from "force fed statistics". And I have already admitted to you having the one and only true book of knowledge and truth.
      ....Still waiting for that book ;)

I didn't not expect you to be open minded given your immaturity
      .............*sigh* Again? is that all you are going to revolve around me?
      however, so I am not suprised in the least.

You are actually an amazing person. You should be a paster in a church....well..those are males only...but you have the qualities. I can say 'fire will burn you' and if you disagree and I put your hand in there....you will still keep saying that it does not burn.

I have pointed out your flaws, I have presented points, counter-points to your points, proof, statistics, psychological research even using YOUR WEBSITE which you tried to shove in my face trying to prove your point. I have pointed out how you claim to know....I literally present my self on a silver platter ready to be blown away by your knowledge and your ability to research college books within seconds....all you had to do was provide me with the information to the "true" statistics.....and yet....3 or 4...or 5 (lost count) messages I see nothing. All I see is "You are immature! :(" when I disprove your claims.

I have refrained from saying this for the past 2 days......but I can't anymore...... I feel really ....no.....extremely bad for your husband and your future children....You are incapable of a normal discussion. Everything has to be your way, and when someone does not submit to the will of a bitchy, whiny little Arsonist, they are simply "not worth your time". All you can do is call people names. That is all your have done throughout this discussion. Your children will hate you. When they are about 15-16 they will see that they outgrew your intellect 10-fold and lose respect for you. Take my advice and change the way you talk, debate and behave.

As per your next post....come up with something new other than calling me immature. The fact that I keep proving you wrong and thus making you look stupid and make you feel bad, does not make me immature. It is the fact that you can't admit defeat, is what makes you what you keep calling me.

P.S.
      Leaving me negative rep pretending that it was from someone else...LOL!
      I am again, the immature one
      lmao

girl....grow the fuck up already.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Arsonist wrote:

I wasn't going to respond to any more of your immature nonsense, I did not however leave you ANY negative reputations, or any reputations at all for that matter. Nice try. You have no experience in marriage, therefore are not a credible sourse when it comes to the emotional portions of marriage. End of.

Immature nonsense of pure rape when it came to your comments? Yeah ok sweetheart.

And yeah you did ;)

I think I have already numerous points when it comes to the emotional side AND experience? Or did you forget that too already?

....STILL.........waiting for that book.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Arsonist wrote:

When do you intend to start a family? Are you going to be married? Are you going to be engaged? Do you have a certain age that you want to start having kids?

1. When I'm comfortable and ready in a committed relationship.
      2. I hope so, yes.
      3. Well I want to get married, so hopefully yes :)
      4. Umm .. anytime after mid 20's maybe..
      [SIZE=3]Je souhaite que je pourrais trouver cette personne un spéciale. :([/SIZE]