Starting a family.

• Re: Starting a family.

I want to have children at one of two ages.

If I am married, with a stable career/income in my early 20's then I will have my children then. Most girls want to have their children as soon as possible, so their body recovers faster and better.
      If I can't then. I will have my children at the age of 26, two children, one a boy, the other a girl.
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
      "There is no way to peace; Peace is the way"
      - Jimi Hendrix & A.J Muste

Arsonist wrote:

When do you intend to start a family? Are you going to be married? Are you going to be engaged? Do you have a certain age that you want to start having kids?

Becoming engaged means total commitment. So it's no point eyeing up other guys / women while wearing the ring your beloved has slipped over your finger. Three years ahead one's priorities will have changed. If you're anything like me you'll be making home, enjoying family life to the full but by having far different priorities to single people.

Look around you and see young couples starting out. Their lifestyles may include having children, one partner working all God's hours to secure living in a rented flat, are therefore way different than scores of us here are talking about right now. But what about XBox, or buying a PS3? No way - bills have to be paid first and rent.

Between now and 4 years ahead, a lot could happen in-between. Except I'm a permanent guardian to an 8 yo boy who attends a special needs school because he has Downs.

When George is with me, my activities are centred round him. My life in starting a family has long happened: my social life has gone right out the window and stayed out. My social life may be panned for having Georgie, but I'd not have it any other way. And recently, my greatest reward was, for the very first time, being called "Mummy".

I can't express just how meaningful being called Mummy means. :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.

This is such a difficult question for me to answer.

In an ideal world I want to be out of Uni before I have children, but by the time I finish Uni I'll be about 24/25 and i'll want to actually work for a while in my new career so plus another couple of years 25/27. But I don't think I can wait that long for children. I'm broody now for god sake and I'm only 19. I can't wait 8 years to have children.

In the end I'm going to have to make a very hard decision. I don't want to put my family and my relationship and my child through the strain of me going to Uni and raising a child.

We'll see where life takes me.

I want to try for kids after I have done my A levels and uni and once I've had a stable job for a year or so, so that'd be about when I'm 24-26. I would like to engaged or married so that my kids will have a stable family.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=2]♥[/SIZE]nathan.
      [CENTER]I swore I'd never fall again but this don't even feel like falling..♪

[/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

i'll av kids wen i get a girl up the duff, no turnin bak on wt ya've done.. uve gta liv with it.. if she wants to keep it uve gta respect herr n all dat shit......... n thats that.. na that sounds harsh, i'd love a little kid right now that wud be ace.. so i dnt mind wen i av a baby but i wna av 1 b4 the time i'm.. err lets say 25.

Arsonist wrote:

When do you intend to start a family? Are you going to be married? Are you going to be engaged? Do you have a certain age that you want to start having kids?
      I don't know, I would like to get married in the early 20's or so, perhaps a little younger.

I don't think I'm gonna be engaged any time soon although it would be kind of nice. :)

I think I would like to starting have kids in the early 20's, if not a little younger, but not much,same as the marriage.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

Never Think wrote:

Marriage has nothing to do with stability.

If the couple feels that marriage makes their relationship more stable, then yes, it does.

I, personally, would feel more comforting having a life-long commitment to someone before I have a child with them. Call it stupid, call it absurd, call it naive, but that's how I feel, and you are free to disagree.

The sheer fact is: a couple should do whatever it is that THEY need to do to feel ready to have a child. For some that means marriage, for others it doesn't.