Chapter2-in the basket nest(the little Chicklet)

• Chapter2-in the basket nest(the little Chicklet)

Here is Chapter two, took a bit of time because my exams are coming up and have lots of homework, it isn't xmas break anymore:(

For any of you who didn't read Chapter 1 or know what the story is about, here it is:
      teenhut.net/your-creativity/42…lost-little-chicklet.html

Chapter 2

In The Basket Nest

It was morning in the forest.
      The wind halted and the rainstorm had passed. Sunshine started to glow from the eastern edge of the sky as bright sunlight greeted the lovely leafs. The forest was bright.
      On one of the trees, a small but well built nest was set on top of a thick branch. The basket shaped nest sat firmly against the tree. Inside that nest lied a little chick, whose legs were wrapped by leaves looked too big for his size, was sleeping peacefully in the comfortable nest.
      Among the tall trees, a pink figure could be seen dancing among the leaves. Looking closer, a beautiful young Finch was bright pink feathers flying along the trees. She may be the most beautiful bird you will ever see. Her pink feathers were soft and fluffy. Her beady eyes showed a sense of kindness, matching perfectly with her small peak. She was doing her regular morning flying. Today however, she was flying with extra burst of energy, she was excited, there was finally company.
      The little Chicklet slowly opened his eyes. He was amazed and confused at where he was. Lying and surrounded by soft straw, he felt comfortable again. Looking up, sunshine and leafs downed at him. He realized that he was on top of a tree, but it felt as good as home.
      He tried to get up, but terrible pain in his legs refused him to do so. He looked across, his swollen legs was comfortably wrapped by fresh green leaves. He remembered the scattering events from last night, and realized he was rescued.
      The pink Finch felt the movement in her nest and flew across, landing right on the edge of her nest. The little Chicklet was bewildered at the sudden arrival of a strange creature. Looking carefully at the young finch’s soft pink feather, her lovely eyes and her friendly smile, he knew that she meant no harm. It was the most beautiful creature the little Chicklet ever seen.
      “You finally woke up,” the Pink Finch spoke, continued to smile at him. “I can’t believe my singing did not disturb you.”
      “My name is Pinky,” continued the bird. “I am probably the only pink bird you will ever see.”
      The little Chicklet looked up, and remembered his near death last night, it was Pinky that saved him.
      “ You saved my life.”.
      Pinky continued to smile, but did not say anything
      “Thank you.”
      “ I don’t think you should thank me, I was just flying through the forest yesterday and see a moving yellow dot. I went down to have a look out of my curiousity, but a sudden gust of wind almost made me stumble, I saw you falling down to the river. So I plunged down to grab you. What were you doing out there in that terrible storm? Anyways, what should I call you?”
      The little Chicklet was bewildered at the warm greeting the strange Finch had given him.
      “Call me the little Chicklet, that was what they always call me.” He said
      “That is such a cute name for a little cute creature you are.” Pinky giggled. “Anyhow, you must be hungry, I’ll bring you some berries, I hope that sound edible to you.”
      Pinky did not wait for a response and flew off immediately. The little Chicklet had not eaten anything for two days. He IS hungry.
      It wasn’t until afternoon that Pinky returned, carrying a big branch of wild berries.
      Seeing food, the little Chicklet did not care for much and munched on. A bewildered Pinky watched on as the little Chicklet ate all the berries in a matter of minutes.
      “Do you want any?” the little Chicklet asked, but it was apparent there aren’t any left.
      This obviously was a stupid question, pinky laughed.
      “ For a little creature, you eat so much. You must be starving!” Pinky chuckled lightly. “It is fortunate I already ate enough beforehand,”
      “Oh” The little Chicklet blurted out, a little embarrassed. ”Sorry.”
      The little Chicklet looked at Pinky and she looked back. Seeing that, he turned away, trying to avoid eye contact. His face was bright red. But Pinky continued to look at him, none of them spoke a word. It was such an awkward moment.
      “Anyways, you certainly don’t look like you live here,” Pinky spoke, breaking the silence.”I’m I right?”
      “I lived in Willowdale farm, a little east of here I think.”
      “You lived in one of those places owned by those humans?” Pinky asked. “What brought you to this forest, you seemed lost around here!”
      “I’m trying to find my parents.”
      With the mention of parents, Pinky shook a bit, but she gestured him to continue.
      “I lived with my parents on Willowdale farm ever since I was born; they took care of me every day. Two nights ago, when I woke up, they weren’t there anymore. I looked everywhere around for this. I asked Piggy, Quacky and mother goose, but none of them knew where they are. They were all worried. Our guard dog Teddy said that a truck carried them and moved west from the farm. I decided to look for them, all of the animals tried to stop me, but I know I have to, I need to find them. So I walked on to here.”
      The little chicklet continued on about the frightening experiences in the forest, the strike of thunder, the den and the red fox. Pinky listened on, admiring the bravery and determination from such a small animal.
      “My dad said that you can achieve almost anything with determination and afford,” continued the little Chicklet. “And I plan to do exact that in order to find them.”
      Pinky does not want to remind him of the danger, the risk and the possibility that his parent may never be found. The little Chicklet may never realize any of these, he was full of hope.
      “Pinky , what about your parents?” The little Chicklet asked.
      Pinky paused. She hesitated again and looked down into the nest. Uncomfortable memories rushed into Pinky’s head. It was memories that she does not want to bring out, memories that she wish she forget, memories that she wish could change.
      “Oh them? They went somewhere. I think they should be back in a few weeks.” She said quickly, still putting her head down.
      The little Chicklet did not sense the change of tone, he accepted the lie wholeheartedly and went on about his memories, and he was not hesitant to bring out his. He felt very comfortable talking to the pink bird. Pinky was relieved that he changed the subject.
      “They say Willowdale farm is the best farm there is. We lived there happily, but my parents were never satisfied, they always say that the humans had an intention, they say there must be a reason they fed us and kept us all the time. They say, eventually, when I became older, we are going to get away from this farm and go on our adventure somewhere, build our home and live somewhere in the wilderness, away from humans.”
      “One day, my parents took me into a corner, asked me if I wanted to leave this farm. I was very young at that time; I did not know how to answer them. My dad told me memories of his childhood every night, about how he almost escaped this farm without his parents knowing, about how my grandparents were took away on a truck, he said that he doesn’t want the same to happen to me, and told me when we leave, his will never be as exciting as mine.
      A tear drop came out of Pinky’s eyes.
      “It was only a few days ago that my parents said that we are going to leave soon, they told me never to tell any others about this plan. I never did. That was two days before they were gone, carried away on a truck, something that they wished will never happen. I knew what I must do. They always said that they will never leave me, no matter what…”
      The little Chicklet did not have the strength to continue, he missed his parents dearly. He looked on to the land out west, the bright sunset shined on. He thought about what wass in store next.
      Pinky herself was trapped in her own mind, inside memory lane, thinking about things that she wished she never will think about. Turning around, the teary finch looked at the little chicklet once again.
      Both of them felt a touch of sadness inside. One was grieved in the past; the other was concerned about the future. However, both are glad for each others company in the present atmosphere. Pinky sensed that. She hugged Chicklet was her wings. At first, the little chicklet flinched a bit, but he accepted this friendly gesture. The pink finch was no longer a stranger to him.
      “Whenever I did not feel well, I usually sing on the edge of the nest, it always made me feel better” Pinky Whispered. “I hope this can make you feel much better.”
      [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]my blog as well as my writing site[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2](free cookies):[/SIZE]
      theyoungweatherman.blogspot.com
      [SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE]
    • Re: Chapter2-in the basket nest(the little Chicklet)

Pinky jumped up to the edge and started to sing. Her majestic voice not only brought the places around her alive, it brought colour to the dark evening forest. Pinky looked sad, but the little Chicklet did not notice. He watched and listened with great admiration and wonder. Just like butter, unhappy feelings for the past and future were melting away quickly from both of them as Pinky’s voice brought them to a different world, a world only known happiness…
      Just as Pinky was finishing, her small feet accidently slipped on the edge of the nest, she fell into the nest, right on top of the little Chicklet. At first, she looked embarrassed. Seeing the little Chicklet chuckling, she started laughing as well.
      Both creatures laughed, filling the entire surroundings with laughter. Their laughter penetrated the leaves, penetrated the trees and penetrated the entire forest. The nest was full of joy.
      The sky was clear, not even a cloud in the sky. Stars scattered around the dark sky. That night was a beautiful one.
      Slowly ceasing his laughter, the little Chicklet looked up, staring at the star sprinkled night sky.
      “My mom used to always took me out to look at the stars every night,” said the little Chicklet, pointing up towards the stars. ”The north star seemed so bright tonight. “
      Pinky put her head up at the lovely night sky, eyeing the bright North Star that the little Chicklet pointed to. She smiled once again.
      The night was a magical one in the forest. Two small animals had found comfort, something which neither one of the felt in a very long time.
      [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]my blog as well as my writing site[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2](free cookies):[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE]
    • Re: Chapter2-in the basket nest(the little Chicklet)

I made the characters with ALOT of mental work and careful planning and try to make every single one of thier character traits clear throughout the book.

Most of Chicklet's character trait should be easy to identify as I revealed alot about him. Pinky on the other hand.. I'll have more revealed throughout the book.

Can anybody name three character traits of these two characters right off the bat?
      [SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE]