Guantanamo Bay

• Re: Guantanamo Bay

Trogdor_74 wrote:

As did your invasion.
      Anyway as this is off topic and we won't agree let's stop this now.

Compared to the millions of WWII? The hundreds of thousands during other wars? We and everyone involved in this war is extremely lucky. Yes, its off topic, and its rather obvious that we won't agree :p
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

Capt Sasha wrote:

A small payback for the American soldiers invading their countries, destroying their homes, raping 14-year olds, murdering their entire families and calling it "collateral damage". Live broadcast is self-implicating, a lot better than bombing independant media houses that blow the lid off American crimes in Iraq. What Americans do to the countries they invade is much more worse than what they hit back with, on captured American soldiers.

I agree. I also think that what the Iraqis do to Americans is a lot milder than they should ideally have done. For example, they shouldn't have retaliated to the rape and murder of their people with protests and random violence, which is futile and self-defeating in nature.

Rather, they should have used their 'assets' in United States to pick 14-year old Americans and rape them with impunity, before murdering the victim and their entire family. This would have set things in order and acted as a strong incentive for Americans to act more firmly against military rapes of foreign civilians.

an eye for an eye= pure justice
      [I]Any man can have one really bad day and end up just like me HA HA HA[/I]

Capt Sasha wrote:

This would have set things in order and acted as a strong incentive for Americans to act more firmly against military rapes of foreign civilians.

Or would it just make the hate that causes all of this in the first place worse? People, being programmed to survive, are naturally selfish. When a 14 year old American gets raped, nobody in the US military is going to think 'well, we had this coming to us, better be firmer with our soldier's crimes'. At worst it would simply create more prejudice in the nation against Iraqis, or because prejudice=ignorance, Arabs in general I'd expect.

I speak assuming that these 'assets' are their probable Iraqi supporters in America. If you mean something different I'll strike that through and probably post a differently tuned reply.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Brainwiped wrote:

waterboarding- its phycological, but its not minor... they fill your lungs with water to the point when you feel like you are going to drown, in some cases people do drown.

that is not what waterboarding is. plain and simple, they stretch plastic over your face and pour water over it, not into your lungs. Because that would kill you.

it is very effective and has no lasting effects. it just scares the hell out of them, but who cares if it gets results, seriously, it's better than pulling things off or out of them.

and they don't use it on everyone, they have used it on high profile, not the average prisoner.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I require.... BRAINS!!!!

cooter wrote:

fuck obama, where the fuck is he going to put the convicted terrorists. he also wants to reinstate the draft and repeal the 22nd amendment which would make him pres until hes dead. fuck him
      Somebody has been listening to too much Limbaugh...

dizzywizzy wrote:

that is not what waterboarding is. plain and simple, they stretch plastic over your face and pour water over it, not into your lungs. Because that would kill you.

it is very effective and has no lasting effects. it just scares the hell out of them, but who cares if it gets results, seriously, it's better than pulling things off or out of them.

and they don't use it on everyone, they have used it on high profile, not the average prisoner.
      You have a gross understanding of water boarding.

Water boarding as it is currently described involves strapping a person to an inclined board, with his feet raised and his head lowered. The interrogators bind the person's arms and legs so he can't move at all, and they cover his face. In some descriptions, the person is gagged, and some sort of cloth covers his nose and mouth; in others, his face is wrapped in cellophane. The interrogator then repeatedly pours water onto the person's face. Depending on the exact setup, the water may or may not actually get into the person's mouth and nose; but the physical experience of being underneath a wave of water seems to be secondary to the psychological experience. The person's mind believes he is drowning, and his gag reflex kicks in as if he were choking on all that water falling on his face.

HowStuffWorks "What is water boarding?"

It can be lethal, if things go wrong.

if it goes wrong? I full faith in the CIA agents to carry out the torture correctly.

how is it even possible to have a "gross understanding" of it?

I do believe you meant misunderstanding.Then again, it is a very complex concept.. it took you like what, five maybe ten minutes to google waterboarding and then provide a link to a website that doesn't exactly outline what waterboarding is, just that America is bad and so is waterboarding.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I require.... BRAINS!!!!

dizzywizzy wrote:

if it goes wrong? I full faith in the CIA agents to carry out the torture correctly.

how is it even possible to have a "gross understanding" of it?

I do believe you meant misunderstanding.Then again, it is a very complex concept.. it took you like what, five maybe ten minutes to google waterboarding and then provide a link to a website that doesn't exactly outline what waterboarding is, just that America is bad and so is waterboarding.
      More like 45 seconds, actually. Did you not read what the site said? It told you precisely how waterboarding is preformed. Reading more than one paragraph of the article might be of some help.

And no, I meant "gross understanding." When you have a gross understanding of something, you don't understand it very well.

You said the water doesn't get into your lungs. If the water can get into your mouth and nose, it can get into your lungs.

There is a problem when those advocating peace and love use violence to "better" this world. Second that was a prison, the best and most secure one we had.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

Sasha...you do realize that means that the people who do this "tit for tat" are no better than the people who did it originally.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]