Acne - I need help

• Acne - I need help

Every since I was about eleven I had pretty bad acne that just wouldn't go away; it was a real confidence killer. I then tried "Oxy" to no avail, and went on for a year or two just trying to keep washing my face and the like.

Then I went with Pro Activ for awhile, and after about a year, I could actually see that it helped a fair bit. But that was two years ago, and my acne is still relentless. I've seen people have much worse acne than me and disappear completely within several months, what's the deal with mine?

While Pro Activ and other sites say food has no impact on your acne, I still eat very healthy, and am a very healthy person. I go to the gym every day, and am in great shape, and eat fruits and vegetables all day, stay away from junk food (I can't remember the last time I had some) and other high sugar foods, and just eat healthy in general. It can't be my eating habits, right?

So, what should I do? For any of you who have had acne, it's a real confidence reducer. Not to be vain (hey, it's an online forum, who cares?) but I have a great physique, and had I not acne, I'd be quite visually appealing also, but the acne just robs me of everything when you look in the mirror.

What can I do?! Any other products I can try? Any foods? Lay out in the sun all day? Anything?!

Please help. Really, I'm up to anything? I've been to the doctor, should I go further to the dermatologist?

Picture of face: (Forum is being stupid so I have to cut it up)

i43.tinypic.com/5aizjs.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt: Linked added ().

• Re: Acne - I need help

Acne is trully a horrible thing. I had bad acne about 8 months ago. I had actually been using Proactive for a year before that adn it did wonders to my face. However i became lazy and only put it on once a day or sometimes none. All of a sudden i got a huge breakout and they just kept coming and coming. I was hopeless so i went to a Dermatologist. He prescribed me antibiotics (tetracycline) and benzamycin. After two months with using both, my acne stopped dramatically. I stopped beaking out, just the normal pimple every once in a while. At the moment i am still on tetracycline and retin-a(for scars).

If your acne doesnt clear with antibiotics, you should ask a dermatologist about Accutane. Accutane is the best there is in acne treatment, however it can cause many health problems.

From my personal expierience, fast food does not cause acne, however certain foods do. Hot dogs and milk make me breakout like crazy. Food isnt a big factor on acne, but it does have something to do with it.

Also, masturbating does cause acne. Beleive me, i quit masturbating for 3 months and my acne went away, after i started again acne came back. It might be differnt for everyone, but masturbating does cause me to get acne.

Hope that was helpful! And good luck!

You know those hippy stores? The ones that sell all the all natural stuff?

Go to one. Now.

All the chemicals in those cleaners make it worse. Benzoyl peroxide you'll see in a lot of them, to list one off the top of my head.

Seriously, I dare you, take a look at the ingredients on your cleaners then go to one and look at the ingredients on those... even going a little bit more natural, with just a few less of those chemicals is a world of difference.

What happens is the chemicals can A) irritate your face B) dry it out and kill off a layer of your skin with stuff from your immune system naturally there to fight off infection. My face used to be horrible, nothing could get it under control, and then we tried some weird natural stuff and I'd put that on my face after I washed it and I didn't have to use moisturizer anymore 'cause my face was soft 'cause of it, and my face was clearing up.

So we went to one of those stores and I got this bar of soap with an emu on it and it lasts like 8+ months (for me, it did) and my face is super clear (especially in comparison) and soft now. It's amazing.

You can also try looking up some recipes for home made face cleaners, but I haven't actually tried any of those.

So, anyway, I suggest that.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

A. Go to a dermatologist if you're really desperate. They could give you the stronger stuff.
      B. Use the oil cleansing method
      C. You might be going through puberty (idk how old you are...) my acne cleared away completely when I was through with purberty
      Also, I used an Asian mix cream so that helped a lot..

amh1993 wrote:

everything that my dermotologist gave me didn't help at alll. so i went the natural way. go to a store that sells organic products. & find Tea Tree Oil. You mix it with warm water & put it on your face twice a day, it helped my face so much. hope it works for you.

+1 for the team. woo.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

I used to have acne for many many years. I tried so many things and almost gave up.

There's not many solutions that are really effective without bad chemicals. I started working with a company that had an acne treatment among their product line. At first I didn't even try it thinking it would be like all the others. But after understanding all the trouble they go through to use only good ingredients and prove the product effective before releasing it to the market (they lost millions by not launching products because the products didn't meet their final criterias of safety and efficacy), I thought maybe I'd try.

I could never say anything better than this. And here's what I found different from other products in the market... (this is taken from a Thread I posted earlier today on this forum):

Most popular brands contain Benzoyl Peroxide, which is an antibacterial and bleaching agent. Benzoyl Peroxide in topical products can be irritating to the skin and can be annoying because it can bleache hair, clothing, and towels when using products that contain this ingredient. Some cleanser and repairing lotion both contain Benzoyl Peroxide. The first thing I learned is to use products that do not contain Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also, some brands contain an ingredient called Polyethlene, which is a physical abrasive. The problem with physical abrasive or exfoliates, is they can lead to increased irritation and redness with those who have acne. The best thing is to find a product that uses Salicylic Acid in their Cleanser, Toner, and Day and Night Treatment. Salicylic acid is a chemical exfoliate which helps remove and break up dead skin cells, penetrating the pore to eliminate the blemishes. Because salicylic acid is a chemical exfoliate, it decreases the risk or irritation when compared to the physical abrasive used in most products.

These are just a few things that made the product I use different from others in the market.

Good luck...

Stephan