Common Misconceptions About Homosexuality.

• Common Misconceptions About Homosexuality.

Yeah, we all see them everywhere. Whether it's the colors a person wears, the music a person listens to, etc., they get annoying. There should seriously be an awareness for what homosexuality really is for the youth of today, it'd cut down on homophobia and a lot of other crap...

Anyways, what idiotic assumptions, among other things, have you heard/known about regarding homosexuality?
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Common Misconceptions About Homosexuality.

stay away from those guys who sit by themselves at lunch, i knew this one kid, claimed to be a pacifist, didn't have any friends. one day a kid went up to him and started calling him names and the pacifist kid kicked his ass.

WTF, why am i posting here lol :eek:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]

If you like theatre/Broadway/etc. you are most certainly gay.

Not entirely true,...I love Broadway but that has not ever made me gay. Opened some eyes (well let's face the facts many performers are gay) but didn't make me that way -- nor do I consider myself a "full-blown" (no pun? does that count haha) gay however.
      Oh Pimpy how the Frenches do emplore you!

[LEFT]--Greg :)[/LEFT]

mnbvcxza wrote:

Does every straight guy, thinking that every gay guy automatically is attracted to him and therefor will try to make a move count?

I know what you mean! This 300+ lbs, 6' 5"+ giant thinks that gay men just want to rape him. I mean, if girls find him unattractive, it's usually the same with gay guys.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Jt48 wrote:

ITS CONTAGIOUS, HOMOSEXUALITY IS CONTAGIOUS!

Not really but i hear that way to often :rolleyes: People are stupid

-sneezes on someone- Oh wait, it's NOT?!? sorry Jack, you're not gay... yes, that means you can be straight again...

Jack's imaginary, by the way.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

adamEcstacy wrote:

-sneezes on someone- Oh wait, it's NOT?!? sorry Jack, you're not gay... yes, that means you can be straight again...

Jack's imaginary, by the way.

wow...you're goofy. lol.

Anyway, I'd say the fact that we're all incredibly vain and into how we look and that the only jobs we can have are as interior or fashion designers.

That we all have AIDS
      That we are all really fem.
      That we are all fashion obsessed [actually i am so... :p]
      That gay is contagious
      that we are all sex obsessed... and this is always told to me by str8 boys who spend the rest of their time talking about which girls they'd do...
      that we fancy any guy... come on... and this is always the ugly guys who say it
      [CENTER]We Are Living Orwell's Nightmare:[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Come One, Come All, To Nineteen Eighty Four: Three, Two, One, Lights, Camera, Transaction.[/CENTER]

It is usually the ugly guys that think I'm going to fancy them because they're a guy.
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]

Mattilicious wrote:

wow...you're goofy. lol.

Anyway, I'd say the fact that we're all incredibly vain and into how we look and that the only jobs we can have are as interior or fashion designers.

I did a career test like a year back, and that's the choice it gave me. ._.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

when people deny and are even offended by the idea that homosexuality is a disorder. These are people who think they are helping the gay cause by having opinions that they think sound good but haven't really thought about.
      The most important instinct next to survival is reproduction. A complete reversal of that instinct which makes it biologically useless is clearly a disorder.

No I'm not saying gays are bad, that is like saying anyone with a mental disorder is bad. And by denying that it is a disorder, people are basically saying it is a choice, which is certainly not true.

Is it because people want to deny that gays are imperfect like everyone else? Or do those people not realize that people with disorders of some kind (which is pretty much everyone) can still be good people? And that disorders don't necessarily have to be harmful?

If it helps my credibility at all, I am gay and my dad is a Psychiatrist.

I get what you mean! Being gay isn't a choice, it just is. And just like some disorders, signs of being gay can be identified at a young age, although it sometimes take until puberty to notice.

But then what should bisexuality be defined as?

I'm oh so confused now.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]