Has American Culture Ruined You?

    • Has American Culture Ruined You?

      Blogthings - Has American Culture Ruined You?

      You've Been a Little Ruined by American Culture Whether you live in the US or not, deep down you're a little American.
      And there's nothing wrong with loving American culture, but it may have negative effects on your life.
      Slow down and enjoy what you have. Reconnect with life's simple pleasures.
      You don't need to be in a consumerist rat race. Life's too short to overwork yourself!
    • No. American culture has enriched me. It has entertained and educated me. <3

      Lots of Americans "slow down and enjoy what we have". We're not all a bunch of workaholics. :lol:

      People (regardless of their nationality) who work long hours (including using the internet/computer) might benefit from reconnecting with life's simple pleasures. :kiss:

      There are too many non-Americans who exist in a consumerist rat race, not just Americans.
    • You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture




      You're nothing like the typical American. In fact, you may not be American at all.
      You have a broad view of the world, and you're very well informed.
      And while you certainly have been influenced by American culture (who hasn't?), it's not your primary influence.
      You take a more global philosophy with your politics, taste, and life. And you're always expanding and revising what you believe.



      No wonder, I'm a European dude living on "Paradise" Island, Westcoast Canada.
    • living in the greatest place on earth, how could it ruin you I deal with kids from other countries at school and maybe their parents will notice a difference but trust me it's for the better. Americans are very generous and generally nice to others. except those who try to do harm then the wrath of god will rain down
    • You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture

      You're nothing like the typical American. In fact, you may not be American at all.
      You have a broad view of the world, and you're very well informed.
      And while you certainly have been influenced by American culture (who hasn't?), it's not your primary influence.
      You take a more global philosophy with your politics, taste, and life. And you're always expanding and revising what you believe.

      This makes sense. Since I have never been there, and education here is probably more globally-oriented. Mostly we just make jokes about American politics and American tourists.
    • Two things made me consider staying in Canada after my studies.

      First, it's big, bigger than the US.

      Second, not even 40 million people live there. My ideal population density (even if economic experts want to tell me otherwise). Means, even if it strongly depends on where you live, in case of socially coexistence the possibility of to be able living a more relaxed daily live with all fellow citizens is way higher as in Donald's Land.

      Third, it's metric.

      Anyway, the US are still good for vacation if one prefers, e.g., the southern part or a more prosperous economy and its benefits and outcomes.
    • Don't take the quiz. It's a scam to get you replace your default browser with theirs, which they deceivingly call Chromium,to confuse you to think it's Chrome.
      They're a company in Republic of Cyprus, with a poor reputation.

      Don't fall for it and download the program.

      We can talk all about American culture without subjecting ourselves to a scam.
    • I'm not a 'wave their flag' American, but...
      there really is no one American culture. That's a stereotype amongst foreigners who watch too many Hollywood movies.
      The culture in New York City is very different than the culture in some rural area of the South or in Wyoming.

      What we have in the USA (as do some other countries as well) is a lot of options. So if you want to live the rat race bec you want to increase your standard of living, or you like the energy of the rat race, you can. If you want to relax, enjoy life more, take things easier, pay more attention to life's simple pleasures, that's doable too.

      You can live in a large city, or you can live in a rural area where your nearest neighbor might be several hundred miles away.

      As everywhere, there are Americans who are uneducated and know nothing beyond their own town, and there are very worldly Americans, who are knowledgeable about global politics and life in other countries. Because of the huge diversity of ethnicities in the USA, Americans are automatically more in tune with cultural differences.

      The benefit of Europe is most of the countries are so small, visiting another country is no big deal. In the US, it's often quite a trip, even if just to Canada, which is not considered culturally much different than the USA.
    • xols wrote:

      The benefit of Europe is most of the countries are so small, visiting another country is no big deal. In the US, it's often quite a trip, even if just to Canada, which is not considered culturally much different than the USA.
      It's true, Europe is densely populated. Also, if you want to visit friends in Greece from the North of Sweden, that's not a short trip either, especially by car.

      But as someone who traveled from the Big Apple down the east coast, took the route through the southern states across to the west coast and then made it back north west coast Canada, I can confirm that the dimensions of the US are very impressive.
    • lliam wrote:

      xols wrote:

      The benefit of Europe is most of the countries are so small, visiting another country is no big deal. In the US, it's often quite a trip, even if just to Canada, which is not considered culturally much different than the USA.
      It's true, Europe is densely populated. Also, if you want to visit friends in Greece from the North of Sweden, that's not a short trip either, especially by car.
      But as someone who traveled from the Big Apple down the east coast, took the route through the southern states across to the west coast and then made it back north west coast Canada, I can confirm that the dimensions of the US are very impressive.
      In fact, the entirety of the US is almost as big as the European continent, which is pretty impressive


      "We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

      R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021
    • xols wrote:

      Don't take the quiz. It's a scam to get you replace your default browser with theirs, which they deceivingly call Chromium,to confuse you to think it's Chrome.
      They're a company in Republic of Cyprus, with a poor reputation.

      Don't fall for it and download the program.

      We can talk all about American culture without subjecting ourselves to a scam.
      Moderator note: link removed.