I don't know what to do..

• I don't know what to do..

Alright hey guys.

I've been presented with a problem. A very big problem, actually.

My cousin was going out with this guy for a couple of months. She seemed happy, but I knew she wasn't. But I never asked about it. Now, today on facebook she told me he had RAPED her like 10 times, beat her, and forced her to start cutting herself. Now, she doesn't want to tell anybody else because apparently he's still after her.

Now, I really want to beat the fuck out of this fucker. He's one of those long haired drug addicted SOBs. Problem is, I fear if I do he will go after her again. And she said she'd think about talking to her parents about it...

So I don't know what to do.

Any advice?
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]
    • Re: I don't know what to do..

You need to tell her to talk to someone, and if she doesn't, you will. I understand that she may not want others knowing, but she NEEDS to tell someone. That can't keep going on, and the creep needs to be put in jail *Or Juvi if he's not old enough yet*

When you talk to her, be sincere, but firm. Make sure she tells someone. Remind her that you're there to help, too.

As for who to talk to.. I would say her parents. If she doesn't want to talk to her parents, then you should tell yours. If not her parents, then have her talk to a teacher. This will get her the help she needs.
      ~James
      Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
      -------------------------------------------------------
      "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."

no offense james, but,

talking is bull shit, it dosn't work, when he is about to rape her, talking won't do shit.

call the coppers or in a self defense situation, tell her to administer justice by way of shotgun.

usually works
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]

^that works too, but i prefer the 3" hole created by the 12 ga
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]

1) Either alert the authorities or tell her to do so. It's better if she does however.
      2) Cut off all contact between her and him and get her out of his vicinity until she alerts someone.
      3) Console her and talk her through everything she might be going through.
      4) Help her with anything that might need to be done concerning paperwork. If she has been actually raped and just not looking for attention and another way to get out of their relationship by removing him permanently, she'll be too broken down to do it by herself and will need help.

I want to say that you're being a wonderful listener in doing what you're doing. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to listen in a situation like this. I would definitely suggest you to try your best to encourage her to tell an adult about what happened. Not only is it for her benefit but also to ensure that this guy will not do this to anyone else in the future. I know it might not be easy to talk to her about it and actually convince her to tell someone. The reason why she doesn't want to tell someone is quite reasonable but still no excuse to avoid telling someone.

Does that make sense? Despite that, don't force her to do anything that she doesn't feel comfortable doing. It's important that you really keep this is mind. Assure her that even if she doesn't tell someone, you'd still be there for her to look to for support. Like I mentioned earlier, a support system is very important and vital in these kinds of situations. If she doesn't want to tell someone about what's going on, that's understandable but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell someone about it. If she doesn't want to, you need to tell someone. Perhaps you can talk to your parents about it and see what they think about the matter.

Whoever you decide to tell, at least you told someone. This kind of scenario is very serious and can become even more severe very quickly. It's important that this guy knows that he's not allowed to continue behaving in this manner and it's important for your cousin to seek/receive the support she needs in order to get through this traumatic experience in her life. All in all, make sure that you feel comfortable with all of the steps that you take regarding this situation. That's really important. This is a lot for you to handle and take care of on your own and that's why I'm highly recommending you seek adult support.

I hope that everything works out for you. Good luck with everything.

Take care of yourself.

Don´t you live in America??? America is the country of guns, right??

Thats is a fucked up situation, and the bastard don´t deserve to live!! Tell the situation to the police!! If they don´t do anything then you will!!!!!!!

Fist option 1. let the law resolve it
      Second option 2. do justice by your own hands!

But you must play this right, I mean, when you are in front of him, let him hit you first! Then you can fuck his ass cause it will be self defense!

I hope it helps.

Well I think you should tell her that she needs to tell the police, or you will. Don't threaten her but explain that something needs to be done about it, otherwise he could do the same to loads of other girls aswell. He is a rapist, drug addict and has beaten a girl. 3 reasons for reporting him already. Someone needs to be told, the police and if she refuses to tell the police, then I think you need to.

Rape is a crime, and so is physical violence. Your friend's boyfriend has repeatedly violated her dignity and her modesty. It will not stop if she just tries to take in all the beatings by stride and try to tame him herself. It's useless. She needs to inform her immediately, and if she doesn't, you must. Show her parents proof of your conversation, so they can demand justice from the authorities. If she's not willing to take action, you as her friend should push her in the right direction.

Very admirable of you to be thinking of her.

Support Leader,
      Kase~
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for your support.

I've already done most of what was suggested, ie: Told her I'm there for her, talked to my parents (they just don't know its her, I only said one of my friends).

Now, a huge problem is that I don't know if I can trust her. She's a huge attention whore (I say this in a joking manner of course), and she's lied before... just not about something so serious..
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]

As a good friend of hers, I would suggest you investigate further. What if she really was raped? She might've stretched the facts, but if she's clearly upset then something needs to be done, and she might definitely lack the motivation to do so. Therefore, it's best to leave it in her parents' capable hands as to not infringe upon her privacy too much, which may backfire on you in the future. It's best you tell your friend this beforehand and discuss the best possible course of action, because it's best if she spoke to her parents herself.

But if she's not willing to act and you deem the situation critical, I stand by what I said in my above post - inform her parents so they can make informed decisions when the time comes to do so.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

First of all, thank you for being there for her no matter what. You're a perfect example of a guardian angel, you're looking out for her and you support her, which is something she needs right now. Secondly, this is a serious situation that the authorities and her parents should know about. However, it shouldn't be your place to tell them yet, but you should encourage your cousin to tell someone, anyone about this that will help her. Right now, she might feel scared or embarrassed, it's natural. So, just comfort her and tell her that she needs to let somebody know so they can help her get this sicko in jail and out of her life.

Get her in a focus group in your area that deals with this kind of issue everyday. She might also feel alone and if she does, reassure her that there are people who feel the same way and they will help her move forward in her life.

All the best,
      Jenn
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

Talk to an adult, save the message where she told you that and talk to an adult. Your parents, her parents, a trusted adult, anyone.

The quicker she's away from that guy the better especially if she's being hurt and hurting herself because of it. Don't take it upon yourself to hurt him because that won't help!! It will just make it worse because now he's knows she told someone and it could get worse.

But if you get her some help, the boyfriend has no proof that she told anyone, as far as he knows you figured it out yourself. And the faster the police get involved the better.

I would try to get her out of that house, have her stay with you or a friend or family member but don't let the boyfriend know where she'll be. If you have to tell him, she's going to visit someone she knows out of state. Or if you're afraid of doing that have her spend the day with a friend or family member and while doing that get the police involved. This way she won't have to go back to the house and she'll be safe.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

armyforthebroken wrote:

First of all, thank you for being there for her no matter what. You're a perfect example of a guardian angel, you're looking out for her and you support her, which is something she needs right now. Secondly, this is a serious situation that the authorities and her parents should know about. However, it shouldn't be your place to tell them yet, but you should encourage your cousin to tell someone, anyone about this that will help her. Right now, she might feel scared or embarrassed, it's natural. So, just comfort her and tell her that she needs to let somebody know so they can help her get this sicko in jail and out of her life.

Get her in a focus group in your area that deals with this kind of issue everyday. She might also feel alone and if she does, reassure her that there are people who feel the same way and they will help her move forward in her life.

All the best,
      Jenn

Well, thanks :)
      And yeah.. I haven't talked to her about it since she told me, so I have no idea if she plans on telling somebody or not. And we live in the ghetto, so there isn't alot of support groups goin around lol. And, even if there where, I don't think I could get her to go... ._.

But thanks for the advice, I guess alls I can do right now is support her in every way possible..

RockMeBaby<3 wrote:

Talk to an adult, save the message where she told you that and talk to an adult. Your parents, her parents, a trusted adult, anyone.

The quicker she's away from that guy the better especially if she's being hurt and hurting herself because of it. Don't take it upon yourself to hurt him because that won't help!! It will just make it worse because now he's knows she told someone and it could get worse.

But if you get her some help, the boyfriend has no proof that she told anyone, as far as he knows you figured it out yourself. And the faster the police get involved the better.

I would try to get her out of that house, have her stay with you or a friend or family member but don't let the boyfriend know where she'll be. If you have to tell him, she's going to visit someone she knows out of state. Or if you're afraid of doing that have her spend the day with a friend or family member and while doing that get the police involved. This way she won't have to go back to the house and she'll be safe.

Unfortunately, I can't save it because it was on the IM on FaceBook..
      But yeah, they don't live together (shes only 15), and they broke up.

As to personally taking care of him.. I've run it over and over in my head, and I've come to the conclusion that you are right. Beating the hell out of him will only piss him off, and I'm sure he'll bring that anger out on her..

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Well, thanks :)
      And yeah.. I haven't talked to her about it since she told me, so I have no idea if she plans on telling somebody or not. And we live in the ghetto, so there isn't alot of support groups goin around lol. And, even if there where, I don't think I could get her to go... ._.

But thanks for the advice, I guess alls I can do right now is support her in every way possible..

And don't worry, I... sorta live in the ghetto too :) But aren't there support groups in your city somewhere? I'd look it up on the web and see what pops up. Perhaps you should ask her and see what she says? If she refuses to go, you can go with her and support her.

Please update us on whatever moves and decisions you make. I really want to know how this will turn out.

<3
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]