Honesty Box

• So for those that don't know, facebook's "Honesty Box" application allows people to anonymously send you comments in response to a question of yours.
      so ive gotten a bunch of comments like these:

its kinda irritating. it sucks cause im closeted, and whenever i feel like im comfortable enough to come out to people at my school, i get comments like that.
      and its really depressing. :(
    • Re: Honesty Box

Did it occur to you that maybe it's some idiot trying to be funny, but in fact is just being incredibly immature.

I get it all the time. People constantly call me gay, but I don't let it get to me, because I know that they don't mean it in an offensive way. If another guy was there, they'd say it to them. They're just being immature. "Ha, you're gay!" is just a random insult people throw around. Don't worry about it!! :)
      "It's better to deserve merits and not have them than to have them and not deserve them" - Mark Twain

I bet they are kidding with you, they dont know you actually are so they think its funny. When/if you tell everyone that your gay youll find out who your true friends are, im positive some people will stop talking to you/not like you anymore, but thats just a fact of life, there are always going to be fake people out there, who just want to be "cool" and have lots of "friends". You dont need those people, they were never there for you before, and wont be after, but your relationship with those who stand by you will grow, and youll make new, real friends. So what im saying is whoever sent that to you is either an ass who was jk, or someone whos not worth your time. So just let it go, dont let it bother you man. GL

Whoever did that is a real prick. But it happens a lot, really. I got a comment on the myspace truth box (basically the same thing) that said: "I hate you bitch." Well my question was, um, why are you on my friends list then?

Are you in highschool, David? If so, here's some friendly advice, because I am in highschool, too (if you are). You seem like a perfectly pleasant person, and highschoolers are (generally) self absorbed and like to start shit for no apparent reason. Why, I really don't know. I don't see the fun in making someone feel like crap, but obviously some people do.

The point I'm trying to make is, that if you are gay, you are GAY. It is hard, I know it's hard (personal experience in a similar situation), but really, once you get out of highschool, you don't ever have to interact with those people again if that's what you choose. Of course, there will ALWAYS be people in life like that, but really, if you stick to the people that you CAN trust; the people that DO matter, then who cares what everyone else thinks?

Also, it's FACEBOOK. That person is the ultimate coward. Low enough to insult you based on your sexuality, and even lower to do it annonymously online.

Sorry this is so long, and I hope I helped a little. Just don't take what they said to heart. :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      I'm not on much. If you want to talk, pm me and I'll give you my msn or myspace or something. :/
      [/CENTER]