help me, will you please?

• help me, will you please?

I am in a relationship right now, but im starting to feel that i am not happy anymore. i can feel it that betweeen us, im the one who's exerting much effort to make our relationship work. Im kind of tired of it. sometimes i just feel like i want to have a break up, but im worried he told me that he'll die if i'l live him (im afraid he'll committ suicide if i'l do it). Besides he has so many problems with his family, just dont wana add on to it.
      what will i do now?
      <3
    • Re: help me, will you please?

It seems like he really loves you to feel suicidal without you, and obviously the family stuff would contribute to it aswell.
      I understand he is probably going through a lot right now and i hope his problems get sorted soon, but when it comes down to the relationship you both have to feel comfortable effort needs to be made from both sides, so i understand what the problem is here.
      On the other hand if he's going through a lot of stress right now he may not be showing the effort because of the stress and his current problems. Has this been like this ever since he has been feeling this way? Gently explain how you feel but obviously try not to come across hard with him if he's feeling stressed etc. If you feel this is has been going on for a while and feel like its always you making the effort, then sit down and tell him you cannot put up with that, even though i sure you understand his problems and stress and all that. If you were just friends im sure you would support him through all this then aswell.
      But yeah, if you really feel this is getting you down maybe it would be best to end it, but i'd probably give it a bit more time and stick with him until he overcomes these current problems at home, then see if there is any change.

You've gotta do what's right for you. If in the end that means breaking up, you gotta do what you gotta do. As for your boyfriend, you can break up with him and still be around to comfort and console him through whatever he's going through. It'll be rough on him, but he'll get over it eventually.

So now I'll leave you with some words of wisdom, courtesy of the Babe:

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

You cannot stay with someone because you fear that he will commit suicide if you break up with him. I hate to say it but many people use that kind of excuse to make their partner stay with them - even if it's out of fear. It may be that he really does have strong feelings for you but I don't think he's expressing them in the way that he should be. It's obvious that he has a lot going on in his life right now and I don't think he's really able to handle a relationship right now - whether he thinks so or not. You have to understand that you're not responsible for this guy. You're not responsible for this guy.

My advice to you would be to end the relationship. You said you're unhappy and no one should be in a relationship that they're unhappy in. You need to think of yourself in this case; do what's best for you. Perhaps you can talk to him about it and try to encourage him to get help because he shouldn't have to deal with all of his problems on his own. That's too much for anyone to handle on their own. If you want, tell him that you want to remain friends and everything. If you're worried about him in any way, contact an adult immediately.

I hope that everything works out for you. Good luck with everything.

Take care of yourself.

JaMeLae wrote:

I am in a relationship right now, but im starting to feel that i am not happy anymore. i can feel it that betweeen us, im the one who's exerting much effort to make our relationship work. Im kind of tired of it. sometimes i just feel like i want to have a break up, but im worried he told me that he'll die if i'l live him (im afraid he'll committ suicide if i'l do it). Besides he has so many problems with his family, just dont wana add on to it.
      what will i do now?

Staying with him, and not really wanting to stay with him, is not going to help anything. It's not going to make the situation better for either of you. If you're not happy in the relationship you shouldn't drag it out until you've finally had enough. Ending a relationship, doesn't mean you're ending a friendship too. Unless, of course, that's something you wanted. You can still be there for him and be friends. Keeping the relationship going out of pity is pointless. It can have an even worse end result than if you would have ended it sooner. If you are really concerned about him harming himself, contact someone that can help him. Good luck.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Breaking It Off With Your Man
      I think what you both need to do is take a break. Spend a month or so apart with no contact and at the end of that month if you still feel the same way then decide to call the relationship quits.

I know your afraid he might do something like commit suicide if you break up with him but you have to do what makes you happy. You can't be with someone forever just to prevent them from doing something stupid.

Here Is What To Do
      When you break up with him tell him that you'd still like to remain friends. Tell him that if he needs you that you'll be here for him. Build up his confidence when you break it off with him as well. Tell him that you think he's a great guy that has a lot to offer another woman. Tell him that even though you guys are over that there are still a lot of girls out there looking for a guy just like him. Maybe even try to fix him up if you know a single girl. Let him down easy and make sure he knows that sometimes two people just arent meant for each other. Tell him that the girl he's meant to be with is waiting for him out there right now and that he shouldn't waste his time being sad over the relationship that the two of you use to share.

Hang out with him everyonce in a while. Call him, chat with him on the internet, or whatever. Then gradually over time do it less and less. This way he gets use to seeing you less and less. It's like when someone quits smoking. They smoke one less a day until they dont smoke at all anymore.

I hope things work out for you. God Bless!