Military?

• Re: Military?

Your still a civilian though, Look up the terms of your contract when you sign up.
      Check on the websites, tells you what you sign up for.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Also your better off going full time rather than reserves, training is easier in full time, well not easier but its hard to have the motivation to get fit everyday after work then have to do a reserve training excersize on the weekend.
      Just research other sites, teenhut isnt really the place to look for the answers, Check the armed forces sites, everything you need to know.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Bubba O Nero wrote:

So you are saying you cant leave, even during training?Because you can leave during training in the uk, after 8 months you have to stay though.

You can leave during training, but only up to AIT. It gets harder to leave as you progress through Basic Training though. Usually if you're pretty far along, they keep you there for a few weeks after you say you want out doing bitch work.

Cowpiepk wrote:

Well I know my contract is 3 years and i think 19 weeks active and then the rest reserves, so I really don't know the terms of a reserve contract but I would assume that you can't just say "I quit" and then never be called back because, I know a lot of reservists end up going over to Iraq/Afghanistan.

Correct, you can't just up and leave like that. The 19 weeks you're active is just your training, do you know what base you're going to? Odds of you being deployed are very likely.

Bubba O Nero wrote:

Actually if your in the reserve you can leave any time, you just give your notice in, and cash in all your kit to stores

Not for the US.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

You can leave during training, but only up to AIT. It gets harder to leave as you progress through Basic Training though. Usually if you're pretty far along, they keep you there for a few weeks after you say you want out doing bitch work.

Correct, you can't just up and leave like that. The 19 weeks you're active is just your training, do you know what base you're going to? Odds of you being deployed are very likely.

Not for the US.

I'm going to Fort Leonard wood, for Basic but then I don't know.. however, I'm on active duty I think you misread what I put :p