I want my old life back

• I want my old life back

Eh, where to start. Ok, I moved to Delaware about 7 years ago.. and to this day I have never been happy here. I use to live in Pennsylvania which is only a state away but still, I enjoyed going out and being with my friends, I was happy and now I'm just stuck inside all the time, with no one to hang out with and its just boring.. and lonely. I don't enjoy it at all and can't wait to get out and join the Coast Guard. I guess I'm not asking for help more or less expressing the way I feel.
    • Re: I want my old life back

It's been 7 years, so why haven't you made any friends? Is it something about the community or is it that no one can live up to your standards? I believe you should address this issue...it's one thing to be new to the area and not know anyone, and another to feel like you don't belong...but it's a totally different matter if there's no one you feel you can trust at all.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Kase wrote:

It's been 7 years, so why haven't you made any friends? Is it something about the community or is it that no one can live up to your standards? I believe you should address this issue...it's one thing to be new to the area and not know anyone, and another to feel like you don't belong...but it's a totally different matter if there's no one you feel you can trust at all.

It's the community, like the way my neighborhood is set up I can't get anywhere.. I don't have a job so no car, etc. and I don't know its the people here there just not my type of people to hang out with.. its weird.. I hate it, and I want to get the hell out of here.

The only thing keeping you inside is yourself. Force yourself to go out sometimes. Join a club or sport thats an easy way to make friends. Don't just sit there and wish you could go back to your old life because you can't and getting depressed over that is not going to help anyone. You just have to make the best out of it. Your time there will only be as good as you make it.

Sorry if that came off as a little harsh but thats just how I see things.

Good Luck!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RiderzFan wrote:

The only thing keeping you inside is yourself. Force yourself to go out sometimes. Join a club or sport thats an easy way to make friends. Don't just sit there and wish you could go back to your old life because you can't and getting depressed over that is not going to help anyone. You just have to make the best out of it. Your time there will only be as good as you make it.

Sorry if that came off as a little harsh but thats just how I see things.

Good Luck!

No no I do have friends, its the fact that they live so far away and I do get out its just not the way it use to be.. plus I'm slowly figuring out that I might be Bipolar =/

Hey mate,

I recently moved from Canada, away from all my friends to the middle of nowhere in Australia and I know how you feel. I know now that I can always go back there and dont you forget it that you can also. There has got to be something you can do. Invite your friends over for a weekend or get them to pick you up, I doubt they would mind if they are your friends.

Regards,
      Cat
      Your Friendly Baboon

:hugs:

ogr420 wrote:

sorry your feeling down man. moving can be a bummer. pa sucks though, after you settle in you should be happy to have gotten away. The coast guard isn't a bad idea, i thought about doing that, i need out of here.

Yeah, I really like the idea of the coast guard.. not only is it a rewarding career but you get to see a lot of places as well :)

Cowpiepk wrote:

Eh, where to start. Ok, I moved to Delaware about 7 years ago.. and to this day I have never been happy here. I use to live in Pennsylvania which is only a state away but still, I enjoyed going out and being with my friends, I was happy and now I'm just stuck inside all the time, with no one to hang out with and its just boring.. and lonely. I don't enjoy it at all and can't wait to get out and join the Coast Guard. I guess I'm not asking for help more or less expressing the way I feel.

Well, why haven't you been happy there? Why don't you have friends? Have you ever talked to your parents about it?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

RockMeBaby<3 wrote:

Well, why haven't you been happy there? Why don't you have friends? Have you ever talked to your parents about it?

I do have friends.. I just don't get along with the majority of the people here and its not really the same :P. I don't have a car heh, but I do go up to PA here and there. I'm just looking forward to getting out of here and seeing the other parts of the world though :D

Cowpiepk wrote:

I do have friends.. I just don't get along with the majority of the people here and its not really the same :P. I don't have a car heh, but I do go up to PA here and there. I'm just looking forward to getting out of here and seeing the other parts of the world though :D
      If you have friends why not make plans and go hang out with them? It's okay that you're different and don't really fit in, as I've learned that's what people remember you for. So, just be yourself and maybe try a little harder to get along with the people there. Have you ever talked to your parents about being unhappy there?

RockMeBaby<3 wrote:

If you have friends why not make plans and go hang out with them? It's okay that you're different and don't really fit in, as I've learned that's what people remember you for. So, just be yourself and maybe try a little harder to get along with the people there. Have you ever talked to your parents about being unhappy there?

Many many times, but I'm getting out of here soon enough and I'm not completely unhappy here. I did meet some cool people..

Cowpiepk wrote:

Many many times, but I'm getting out of here soon enough and I'm not completely unhappy here. I did meet some cool people..

All I can say is just hang in there; try to be more out going and just bare with it until you can get out of there. I'm sure that day will come before you know it and you'll miss it.