Glasses?

• Re: Glasses?

first off... don't be afraid to wear glasses... they're perfectly 100% normal...

second off... you may need them if you have even the slightest problem seeing... i recommend heading to an optometrist and getting them checked out...(it can't hurt to know) plus... your optometrist may be able to talk your parents into contacts (if that's really what you want)

I wear glasses, and it's not like people look at me funny or anything. I really kind of lilke them, they make me look smarter :P. If your vision is blurry, you have trouble reading, or if your eyes just get sore during the day, you probably need glasses. And like FallenDreams22 said, go to the optometrist and get your eyes checked. Even if you don't need glasses, they can catch any eye diseases before they become a problem. (Not saying they're very common, but it's better to know early than to wake up blind one day). And yeah, depending on your daily activities, your optometrist might tell you that contacts are the best thing for you. And they even give you free trail pairs of contacts, so you can try them out and then decide.

Even if you stick with glasses, there's so many different frames out there that will look awesome on your face.

Contacts are generally more expensive than glasses, but I went that route for a while. Eventually though, I got sick of having to take them out all the time, and if they dried out or anything, that was annoying. Imagine when you're drunk and you have to GENTLY touch your eyeballs before you can pass out.. That sucks. I just got sick of the hastle, and got glasses so I can throw them on in the morning and rip them off when I need to! As long as you take care of them, clean them every couple days and beware of things that will scratch them, you can probably keep your glasses for a couple of years before you need to get your new prescription. I've had my glasses for over 2 years.

And yes, you'll have to get your eyes checked every couple years, cause eyes only get worse.

But having glasses is just fine, as long as you find a pair that suits your personality and your face. And if you do get glasses, every pair will look weird cause you don't wear glasses normally. Just find the best looking pair, and you'll get used to them.

Any more questions, please PM me!
      [CENTER]. : Hard Work Pays Off in the Long Run. Laziness Pays Off NOW : .[/CENTER]

[CENTER]:wink: Member of the Kind of Weird Sexy Club :wink: [/CENTER]

cba 2 read other pplz comments so im probably repestin what they said but...........contacts, meh glasses can be sooo sexy...(mite just be me) just get the right pair.....look at specsavers website theyll tell you....lol

ALSO cosmetic contacts are more exspensive thn normal vision contacts.........i thought lol

Finally lol.........contacts i h8 them!!! glasses all the way!!!!

welll i wear glasses for my astigmatism.

on girls i think glasses are sexy. and some guys can pull it off..

as far as the money goes, insurence aught to pay most of it. you wont have the most stylistic ones, but i got my pair for like 50, and theyre frameless, and look realyl cool to me.

and contact lenses...ehh....cant sign that. dont do thewhole sticking stuff in my eyes. but they should be covered with insurence too. to an extent.
      A sense of being part of the great all-inclusive life prompts us to reflect on our own place and on how we ought to live.

I liked my contacts because it didn't look like I had bad eyes, but yeah, smoking a joint and contacts? Not a good combo. It's like pasties for your eyes lmao. And depending on where you live and your occupation, you may not have eye coverage. I have coverage for everything BUT eyes! And that's in Canada! The US had terrible health coverage, unless you pay a whole bunch of money. Up here we get doctors and stuff for free. But yeah, you can find a nice pair that compliments your looks for pretty cheap. Mine were about $400, but I was picky haha. But lenses are only about $70 each, so it just depends on the frame.
      [CENTER]. : Hard Work Pays Off in the Long Run. Laziness Pays Off NOW : .[/CENTER]

Yeah, some people don't need glasses for all day long, you may only need them when looking at the board, or reading or driving or something. ME, I can't see what I'm writing if I don't have my glasses on, they're that bad. So I need glasses all the time. ((NO, I don't have coke bottle glasses lmao))