Recovered from an eating disorder...

• Recovered from an eating disorder...

So i know its only my first few posts here
      but I thought I might aswell put it out there.
      Im a recovered ED patient :)
      Ive suffered from anorexia, bulimia and binge eating for the past 2 and a half years but in the last 6-7 months my life has transformed.
      Iff you had asked me 6months ago what the best thing in my life is..I would have said nothing and now...everything :)
      Just for anyone out there who is struggling..its hell but there is hope, im living proof of that :)
      I was at a very low weight and now im happy and healthy..ok well not completely healthy, im only human!
      But im happy and thats what counts!
      If anyone on this forum is struggling with an eating disorder..I am here and can understand anything related to them :)
      As I said..just to put it out there
      xxxx
    • Re: Recovered from an eating disorder...

Well done :)
      I know how hard it can be I was the same several years ago and how some people can think its an easy thing to fix. Dont know how often I'd hear people telling me to 'Just eat more'. Very good that you're happy too I know alot of people can get out of the phyical issues of not eating properly etc but are left in an emotional rut, I myself havent quite reached the happy stage yet as I still suffer from BDD but one day..
      But seriously, congratualtions and jsut try and stay that way and not relapse :)

aw thats great! Iv been suffering from some eating and body isues for a while now, and iv been trying to get out of it and stop myself thinking like that. Its good to hear of someone whos passed all that and is happy. well done :)
      [RIGHT]Now Take Back The Glitz, I Want The Soul Instead[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]Cause I Found Some Kind Of Fairytale[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]<3[/RIGHT]

I hate when people make such a big deal about eating disorders. It's all the drama around them that makes people do it, just like cutting and drugs. But it's really not that big of a deal - getting over them, that is.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Congrats! :D
      I'm glad to see that people out there have the type of determination you have to overcome such an obstacle.
      I've been suffering a bit myself, but seeing people like really inspire me to keep being strong.

Congrats again (=
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]"...what would it take to make or break this hint of love?"[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Owl City[/CENTER]

SuperHotFemale wrote:

I think people with eating disorders are attention seekers. They do it to themselves.
      I hear about models dying because they were only eating two lettuce leaves a day.
      Like, too bad. You were the one dumb enough to starve yourself for 6 months. You knew the consequences.

what about the people who ARNT models???

What about the people who have been beaten senseless for no reason that have no way to vent anger or sadness?

You use "they do it to them selves" way to loosely, shit i sprained my wrist, "i did it to myself."

No this is different, if you do ANY research at all you would see that its actually brain function that causes it.

for some people the brain doesnt know how to distribute pressure thus making it rely on ONE system.

for some its anger,others its eating.

SOME just commit suicide.

so before you come in here posting some ignorant comment about a lady who had the NERVE and courage to seek help and get over her problem...

Think about yourself, we all have problems and issues and just because yours arnt as severe doesnt give you the license to bash IGNORANTLY!

NW_ian wrote:

what about the people who ARNT models???

What about the people who have been beaten senseless for no reason that have no way to vent anger or sadness?

You use "they do it to them selves" way to loosely, shit i sprained my wrist, "i did it to myself."

No this is different, if you do ANY research at all you would see that its actually brain function that causes it.

for some people the brain doesnt know how to distribute pressure thus making it rely on ONE system.

for some its anger,others its eating.

SOME just commit suicide.

so before you come in here posting some ignorant comment about a lady who had the NERVE and courage to seek help and get over her problem...

Think about yourself, we all have problems and issues and just because yours arnt as severe doesnt give you the license to bash IGNORANTLY!

Okay so are you saying people who have been beaten should vent out their anger by starving themselves?
      Uhhhhh.

I get that it's a mental issue and an actual disorder but the truth is, they do it to themselves.

So they look in the mirror and look/feel fat. They can still eat. But they choose not to.
      Their fault.

I used to not eat to get thin. I starved myself for a year and lost 30 pounds to the point where I almost had a heart attack one day at school. I didn't feel sorry for myself. I looked in the mirror and wanted to be thin and got obsessed with not eating. Other that mentioning it in this instance, you'd never see me posting a thread being like "HEY GUYS IM NEW I AM ANOREXIC". Um no thanks. That's the type of thing you keep to yourself.

Then my doctor told me if I lost another 5 pounds I'd be in the hospital on a feeding tube and I realized I was being dumb so you know what I did?

I picked up a sandwich and I ate it. NOT THAT HARD. I was doing it to myself. That's why I have no sympathy for people with eating disorders

1) you can stop
      2) you did it to yourself
      3) keep it to yourself

except for when someone calls you ignorant and says you don't know what you're talking about because clearly my opinion was derived from personal experiences.

I rest my case a thankyou. You can stfu now

SuperHotFemale wrote:

Okay so are you saying people who have been beaten should vent out their anger by starving themselves?
      Uhhhhh.

I get that it's a mental issue and an actual disorder but the truth is, they do it to themselves.

So they look in the mirror and look/feel fat. They can still eat. But they choose not to.
      Their fault.

I used to not eat to get thin. I starved myself for a year and lost 30 pounds to the point where I almost had a heart attack one day at school. I didn't feel sorry for myself. I looked in the mirror and wanted to be thin and got obsessed with not eating. Other that mentioning it in this instance, you'd never see me posting a thread being like "HEY GUYS IM NEW I AM ANOREXIC". Um no thanks. That's the type of thing you keep to yourself.

Then my doctor told me if I lost another 5 pounds I'd be in the hospital on a feeding tube and I realized I was being dumb so you know what I did?

I picked up a sandwich and I ate it. NOT THAT HARD. I was doing it to myself. That's why I have no sympathy for people with eating disorders

1) you can stop
      2) you did it to yourself
      3) keep it to yourself

except for when someone calls you ignorant and says you don't know what you're talking about because clearly my opinion was derived from personal experiences.

I rest my case a thankyou. You can stfu now

Firstly I want to say congrats for being able to break it so easily. For others it's not really the case.

I'm not going to do that whole "HEY I'M ANOREXIC.HELP ME PLZZZ!!!" additude you'd expect. Also the whole "They do it to themselves for attention" is quite frankly disgusting. My mother was bulimic when I was a child. People begged her to eat but she just ended up throwing it up. The doctors had your attitude which could have cost her her life.

How do I know this? Because she thinks I am borderlining what she was. TBH I am not far off. It's a mental sickness. Your mind becomes warped ina sense that every piece of fat on you is disgusting filth that makes you look dispicable. Severe cases as such cannot alays be solved with "eating a sandwich".

Please take into account that maybe your mind wasn't as unstable as more severe cases. :)