An Atheist Will Never Be Elected President of the USA - Agree?

• Re: An Atheist Will Never Be Elected President of the USA - Agree?

DamnImGood wrote:

Forgive me if I scanned through your posts after you decided to argue about staying awake in English class and writing in college.
      It's okay, I forgive you.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

O.o............... I think someone has forgotten how to read. No, Lincoln along with most of the other presidents since then, had a religious belief in God. This is the first time, the religious belief, has wavered outside.

Oh, yeah, just a little fun fact; He was shot for splitting the Union. (Ie; asking for 75,000 volunteers to go enforce the "law." Otherwise, the war, might have been restricted to that of congress, and fighting in the house.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

O.o............... I think someone has forgotten how to read. No, Lincoln along with most of the other presidents since then, had a religious belief in God. This is the first time, the religious belief, has wavered outside.

Oh, yeah, just a little fun fact; He was shot for splitting the Union. (Ie; asking for 75,000 volunteers to go enforce the "law." Otherwise, the war, might have been restricted to that of congress, and fighting in the house.
      For once, this dude's right. Lincoln was religious. There's some question as to whether Thomas Jefferson was Christian, though, but I wouldn't go so far as to say atheistic.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Thomas Jefferson, as many preachers might say a "Thomas" not as in his name, but rather after the Thomas found in the Bible, who also doubted. A great man no doubt, there are many myths and perceptions about him, without any base other than the opinion, of the individual.

We'll have to see how, Obama, does. As he has admittedly said he is Muslim, (note: I do not hate the dude, only disagree with his actions so far) Just like many others, in poll his approval rating has suck, in a question posed on the internet "What grade would he earn, for his actions so far" 60% said they would give him in F, clearly showing that he is already failing to fill the expectations of thousands. Only 13% would give him an A. We will have to wait and see, what he becomes. As the Senate, Congress, and the presidenacy are all primarily democratic, there is practically nothing to stop them from passing the bills they wish.

We must watch carefully this term, as most likely this might very well be the rise of, or the fall of the democratic party.
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

I cannot post links ATM.
      But will show you lincoln was NOT a believer

Do some research Lincoln was not a believer.

And barrack has claimed to christian.
      In the Muslim religion that is one thing you can never do.

please tell me the difference between a non believer and atheist.
      When you smoke the natural Herb it reveals you to yourself.

*KUSH* wrote:

I don't think anyone calls themselves a non-believer do they? I think Obama just used that in in his speech beacause atheist is too sensitive for a president to say. Atheist sounds more anti-religion than non-believer I think.

On whether there will be an atheist president I think certainly yes one day. But I also agree with others who said there already has been. I wouldn't put it past any president to pretend to be christian just to win the election. Undoubtably there have been closet-atheist presidents many times.

Obama has time and time again said he isn't Muslim, so I don't know where you're getting that Guardian.

Also, Lincoln didn't split the Union. It was already long in the process by the time he came into office.
      I'm Proud to be an American.
      Pro-Choice Before Conception, Pro-Life After.
      A person cannot help what they Feel, only what they Do.
      You will never find proof of a god... because it's Faith

The Guardian wrote:

Thomas Jefferson, as many preachers might say a "Thomas" not as in his name, but rather after the Thomas found in the Bible, who also doubted. A great man no doubt, there are many myths and perceptions about him, without any base other than the opinion, of the individual.

We'll have to see how, Obama, does. As he has admittedly said he is Muslim, (note: I do not hate the dude, only disagree with his actions so far) Just like many others, in poll his approval rating has suck, in a question posed on the internet "What grade would he earn, for his actions so far" 60% said they would give him in F, clearly showing that he is already failing to fill the expectations of thousands. Only 13% would give him an A. We will have to wait and see, what he becomes. As the Senate, Congress, and the presidenacy are all primarily democratic, there is practically nothing to stop them from passing the bills they wish.

We must watch carefully this term, as most likely this might very well be the rise of, or the fall of the democratic party.
      Obama never said he was Muslim.

60% of American's did not give him an "F" as a grade. 42% give him an "F," and that only relates to the economy, according to the Wall Street Journal.

*KUSH* wrote:

I cannot post links ATM.
      But will show you lincoln was NOT a believer

Do some research Lincoln was not a believer.

And barrack has claimed to christian.
      In the Muslim religion that is one thing you can never do.

Kush, Perhaps it would be best to prove it, rather than state you can, and potentially walk off, and perhaps never come back. ("Better to do it now, than later")

Why, because they'll kill you? Oh, yeah..... :rolleyes: "Bring on the saw boys, we must execute him! for treason! against the Muslim faith! (A clear exaggeration, to show a point)

joe m wrote:

I don't think anyone calls themselves a non-believer do they? I think Obama just used that in in his speech beacause atheist is too sensitive for a president to say. Atheist sounds more anti-religion than non-believer I think.

On whether there will be an atheist president I think certainly yes one day. But I also agree with others who said there already has been. I wouldn't put it past any president to pretend to be christian just to win the election. Undoubtably there have been closet-atheist presidents many times.

More than likely, very true. As the politicians are known common, from a coined phrase back in the day, as "pol-cats"

dandaitalianman wrote:

Maybe I'll be the first atheist conservative president.

If you have enough, self sustaining morals to guide the country, with a good heart, then you have my vote. As I honestly would not care what one thinks of religion, only his stance on.

asoiafdude wrote:

Obama has time and time again said he isn't Muslim, so I don't know where you're getting that Guardian.

Also, Lincoln didn't split the Union. It was already long in the process by the time he came into office.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Obama never said he was Muslim.

60% of American's did not give him an "F" as a grade. 42% give him an "F," and that only relates to the economy, according to the Wall Street Journal.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw&feature=related']YouTube - Obama: "My Muslim Faith"[/ame]

Omg, what is this?! point proven. Yes, only twelve seconds of a full inter-view, if you wish use the related tab to find the full interview.

Ah, yes the wall street journal, among the most liberal. Now, as you clearly, and most probably, went to the first site you came to you found these results. However farther searching would have revealed a difference among them, liberal sites leaning, toward the A, averaging in the forties. However on most conservative, and republican sites, it leaned toward the F, heavily averaging in the high fifties.

TheJoker wrote:

ah jack get ur facts straight please before posting them

Yes, Joker, I have my facts, however this is still an open poll, go vote if you wish. However in some of the polls the voting number is well over 100,000 people, and on top of that the variety of "answers" are so far apart, it will never be purely accurate. However, it does give and help with general opinion.
      [/CENTER]

joe m wrote:

Wait I'm a bit confused. I havn't bothered to read every detail of the last few pages but Guardian do you really think Obama is Islamic?

Not really, however he did say it. Whether a gaffe, or he actually meant it, no one will really know.

He claims to be Christian, yet he is a member of a black ideology church? Christian I do not think so, more or less he is using the word to hide behind, like so many others. More or less, he borders on the same hate that Islam, and the people there-in have thrived on for years. If one truly considered all that which he, Obama, had heard for twenty years in that church(A member for that amount of time) it would be a logical conclusion that he does not have the best interest of the nation at heart.

Quotes found said by his, so called pastor, were things such as "God bless America? No, God Fuck America!" This is anything, but what Christianity teaches, as such, it seems to border on the same hate that Islam is built on. So as he clearly is not Christian, what is he?
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Quotes found said by his, so called pastor, were things such as "God bless America? No, God Fuck America!" This is anything, but what Christianity teaches, as such, it seems to border on the same hate that Islam is built on. So as he clearly is not Christian, what is he?

Quotes are not quotes without sources.

The Guardian wrote:

Ah, yes the wall street journal, among the most liberal. Now, as you clearly, and most probably, went to the first site you came to you found these results. However farther searching would have revealed a difference among them, liberal sites leaning, toward the A, averaging in the forties. However on most conservative, and republican sites, it leaned toward the F, heavily averaging in the high fifties.

So, anybody got a neutral source?
      On the subject of newspapers, I personally am enjoying the irony of you being called 'The Guardian'. :P
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Quotes are not quotes without sources.

YouTube - Obama Pastor: God Damn America

He bring the past into the present, and the present into the future, revealing that hate will continue.

So, anybody got a neutral source?
      On the subject of newspapers, I personally am enjoying the irony of you being called 'The Guardian'. :P

Ah, I see you found; The irony ;) :p (shhh, lets keep it a secret :p)
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

YouTube - Obama: "My Muslim Faith"

Omg, what is this?! point proven. Yes, only twelve seconds of a full inter-view, if you wish use the related tab to find the full interview.

Yes, it IS only 12 seconds of the full interview; that's the problem. The context was blown out of proportion because you cherry picked that part out. He admitted nothing about being Muslim. I can make Richard Dawkin's admit he's Christian if I pick out parts of an interview too.

As I clearly and most probably? We call that a paradox. You probably shouldn't make assumptions from then on.

You said 60% gave him an "F." You neglected to add that this regarded the economy ONLY, and that you probably got it off of Hannity's website.

As for "God Damn America," did you watch the entire video? I think most African American's have the right to be ever-so-slightly pissed about their past and how they were once treated.