My parents need a divorce

• My parents need a divorce

My mom and stepdad fight everyday and night.
      There isn't a second that they don't bicker or scream at each other.

My stepdad is always blaming my mom for things and saying that their relationship is shit yet they won't split up.

They won't even sit three feet next to eachother, my stepdad sleeps on the couch sometimes and he's basically always an asshole.

They just need to divorce but they refuse to and makes everyone unhappy.

How can I get my mom to see that this is what she needs to do?
    • Re: My parents need a divorce

My mom and stepdad were like that; they were married for five years. So you might be in it for the long haul. I'd suggest getting your mom alone and talking to her calmly, though. Ask if she thinks the relationship is what's best for everyone, or if there's a healthier alternative.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

She might be staying with him because she feels that it's the best alternative for you and your siblings; children need a father figure. Or maybe she still harbors feelings for him. It's hard to put yourself in her shoes if you don't know the full story.

Best bet is to talk to her and discuss the issue. Come to a conclusion that will guarantee the health and safety of the family, first and foremost.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Talk to her.
      Tell her how you feel about what's been going on and explain to her that by divorcing your step dad; it's not making anyone unhappy (except for maybe them because it didn't work out.) But they way you're living now is making everyone unhappy.

I think, (although I don't know details, correct me if I'm wrong.) that your mom is feeling guilty because of whatever happened with your real dad and now you have a new guy in your life that you have to get used to and now it's not working. So, just talk to her and good luck! :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

RockMeBaby<3 wrote:

Talk to her.
      Tell her how you feel about what's been going on and explain to her that by divorcing your step dad; it's not making anyone unhappy (except for maybe them because it didn't work out.) But they way you're living now is making everyone unhappy.

I think, (although I don't know details, correct me if I'm wrong.) that your mom is feeling guilty because of whatever happened with your real dad and now you have a new guy in your life that you have to get used to and now it's not working. So, just talk to her and good luck! (:

My dad left when I was very little. He was an alcoholic and drug addict.
      But if my stepdad isn't making me happy then she needs to stop feelings guilty about my real dad and find somene all my siblings can be happy with.

*Rawr* wrote:

My dad left when I was very little. He was an alcoholic and drug addict.
      But if my stepdad isn't making me happy then she needs to stop feelings guilty about my real dad and find somene all my siblings can be happy with.
      That's exactly right; also, like others said, it wouldn't hurt to try to talk to your step dad, just like your mother, tell him how you feel about everything that's been happening
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]