So what's your damn major?

• So what's your damn major?

So we've seen a lot of threads regarding what HS students aspire to study for their upcoming years at a higher-level insitution, but the folks in college are either too busy and stressed out to post. So am I, but it's 6:27 a.m., an all-nighter, and I'm left wondering about the general demographic of college students in FascistHut --er, I mean TeenHut.

And please, don't post if you're in high school or "planning to major in x or y." It means nothing until you've completed at least one year of college. ;)

That said, I'm a biochemistry/pre-med student at the moment. I like chemistry in general, and math. My major actually requires me to take every single calculus up to multivariable and vector and 3 quarters of physics, which is, in my opinion, a bit excessive, but hey, it will be worth it.

And you, my minion chumps?

When commenting on a Joke forum. ;)Sieg Heil like an iron fascist fist, mein Fuhrer. :)
    • Re: So what's your damn major?

Hi! I'm in highschool! Teehee!

Funny though. Higher level math here has vectors and matrices and the bunch. Which I often seem to read is often college level. Though I dropped down and am now taking easy-sailing dumb people math ^^.

And out of curiosity, what're the topics in physics that you're doing?
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I am majoring in philosophy currently. I had studied it independently throughout highschool and it is my passion so I decided to major in it... but I am probably going to be switching to something I can get into case work in the line of social work soon.. so like sociology or something. It is a total bummer I can't do anything with my current major except law school. Which I fucked up my grades to the point where I can no longer get in to law school..
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Iceman_ wrote:

Hi! I'm in highschool! Teehee!

Funny though. Higher level math here has vectors and matrices and the bunch. Which I often seem to read is often college level. Though I dropped down and am now taking easy-sailing dumb people math ^^.

And out of curiosity, what're the topics in physics that you're doing?
      Mechanics, electricity, and intro to quantum physics...

When commenting on a Joke forum. ;)Sieg Heil like an iron fascist fist, mein Fuhrer. :)

Yuki, that's some insane shit. I won't be able to handle that. Not because of stupidity, it's just that i'm hugely unmotivated by school and trying my best to learn, in general.

I'm in my second year of college, majoring in Graphic Design. I wanted to major in Biology when I was younger, because my older brother majored in that field. He has his bachelor's and was originally planning to continue studying to be a doctor. That did not work out though because he knocked up his girlfriend, so he married her, now he has three kids, working at a call center, and a degree in biology that he doesn't even use.

Sad.

First of all, the reason why I picked design is i'm a lazy piece of shit. I'd just want to stare at a computer screen or whatever and drone all day, waiting for something brilliant to come out. Both of my older step brothers majored in this field and are doing well, bagged nice ladies and good jobs.

Definitely didn't think about this that much though, at first I thought I was going to make cool stuff in photoshop or whatever, and be the one who actually makes those rad t-shirt and cd-cover graphics. I soon find out that being a graphic designer is more about the problem solving, and trying to figure out how to take all these seemingly useless information all around us and try to make sense of it, and form it into a cohesive thing that conveys the message you're trying to get across... something like that.

Iceman_ wrote:

Haha, that's exactly what I'm doing. Though it's kind of weird that you're doing that. Are you just doing like a physics 101 type class?

Well, the first two have labs with them...they're full physics courses that require knowledge of calculus and have their own labs since they count as laboratory science. Biochem is hard because it's the only type of chemistry major that requires excessive math, physics, and other math or science-based electives. It also happens to cover the pre-med requirements...

panicmayarise wrote:

First of all, the reason why I picked design is i'm a lazy piece of shit. I'd just want to stare at a computer screen or whatever and drone all day, waiting for something brilliant to come out. Both of my older step brothers majored in this field and are doing well, bagged nice ladies and good jobs.

Definitely didn't think about this that much though, at first I thought I was going to make cool stuff in photoshop or whatever, and be the one who actually makes those rad t-shirt and cd-cover graphics. I soon find out that being a graphic designer is more about the problem solving, and trying to figure out how to take all these seemingly useless information all around us and try to make sense of it, and form it into a cohesive thing that conveys the message you're trying to get across... something like that.

Is that your own rendition of Boxxy on your sig? that's pretty good. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yuki ().