My question

• So, as some of you who have read my previous thread on my love life situation between my best friend (Jennifer) and my girlfriend (Tiffany).
      Those of you who are unaware of my situation, I am in love with my best friend. Come to think of it, I think I've always loved her since we met. I don't know how to explain but I feel a certain connection with her like nobody else. I feel like she's the girl I'm supposed to be with and make happy. However, she doesn't feel the same way. To make matters worse, I have a girlfriend who loves and cares about me more than anyone on earth; however, I am unable to return the favor.

Now to start off, I told them both how I feel. Tiffany was upset at first, but then decided that she loved me too much to care. The reaction I was hoping she wouldn't have, because I do not deserve it. Jennifer, didn't really say anything. All she said was that she kind of figured that I did. Then we talked some more about it and she said she used to feel the same way and just never told me. She claims she doesn't tell people if she likes them unless she absolutely needs to - She's very shy.

When I told Tiffany, she told me I had one month to lose my feelings for Jennifer and I agreed. It's been about 2 weeks since all of this happened and my feelings for Jennifer are only growing more and more severe. I don't know what to do. I'm trying so hard to get over her. I keep telling myself "She's just a friend - nothing more. Her and I will never be together. I need to focus on Tiffany because she loves me and cares about me and doesn't deserve this." but still nothing works. I'm losing my mind. I honestly don't know what to do...

Basically, my question is this: How do I get over the girl I've loved since we met, when I feel she's the girl I'm supposed to and meant to be with?
      "We're not Iron Maiden and we're not from England. We are SONATA and we come from Finland"
    • Re: My question

You don't. I know you don't want to hurt her, but you HAVE to break up with your girlfriend. For her sake and yours.

I know this is a plain answer, but it's what really needs to be done.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Iceman_ wrote:

You don't.

I don't what?

Iceman_ wrote:

I know you don't want to hurt her, but you HAVE to break up with your girlfriend. For her sake and yours.

I know this is a plain answer, but it's what really needs to be done.

I've tried breaking up with her. She always threatens to kill herself and that I don't need to break up, that she can get over it..
      "We're not Iron Maiden and we're not from England. We are SONATA and we come from Finland"

I wouldn't play your odds with Jennifer, seeing as how she said she used to feel the same, which implies she doesn't anymore. You're probably better off as just friends.

I think you should do your best to get over these feelings, and mend things with your gf.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Hm. Well even though you haven't been in a relationship with your best friend, I'm still going to use the word: closure. What exactly do you like about her? Try to oppose all of your reasons for liking her, list her faults, and weigh the pros and cons of being in a relationship with her. Moreover, I suggest you sort this out with her, face to face. She's your best friend, no? Then she should want to help you get over her, and you two should know each other well enough to make something work. Maybe once you employ cold logic your mind will become less fuzzy, and you'll realize that no matter how much you think she's your "soulmate", she actually isn't. You just might've been infatuated for too long a time to really know what you want.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Don't entertain the thoughts and/or fantasies that they bring. They'll go away eventually, but there's only so much you can actively do to stop it. First, tell other people that you no longer feel this way. Second, if that's a lie, and you do still feel that way, keep it a secret. Third, don't make it a big deal.

As time passes, you'll forget about it.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs