This is why PS3 Customer Support sucks compared to Xbox 360 AND the Xbox 360 ROD!

• This is why PS3 Customer Support sucks compared to Xbox 360 AND the Xbox 360 ROD!

Okay it's simple, This guy said it ALL!! And look at that junk. One yellow light and beep beep beep. Granted the beeps maybe be a version of POST on a PC but i doubt it much. Seriously, Sony never covered any issues that may arise and seriously didn't help. Look.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmLlvRtpHrA&NR=1]YouTube - PS3 Dead - Yellow Light - Sony Customer Service[/ame]

Now on the box 360, it's like coded in a way to atleast tell you what's wrong. 2 red lights, no video (If I remember rightly) 1 red light, power failure of any sort. 3 red lights, your fucked basically and 4 is either video or something else. mesa forgot BUT Microsoft did a good job of covering issues like that unlike Sony, so like yeah it's that simple! PLUS! Microsoft (From how I read it) have raised the warrently on all systems by 3 years which is super. I don't know what else to say but ask for what people really think.

I mean seriously, I know there's a lot of die hard PS3 and 360 owners dying to bite each other, I just gave the 360 owners more reason to bitch at PS3 owners :)

And trust me, I don't care if people "claim" the PS3 is better. Some people won't even buy both, but that's their choice, we all have our tastes. I just claim this to be a nice 360 vs PS3 thing.
    • Re: This is why PS3 Customer Support sucks compared to Xbox 360 AND the Xbox 360 ROD!

Congratulations, it seems the xboxers finally found 1 flaw on 1 playstation that they can try to harass. As for costumer service, it's been over a year since my friend got his PS3. There was a slight fault and he got a new one for free.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Chivalry isn't dead. It's just being a really good ninja.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]...---...[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: This is why PS3 Customer Support sucks compared to Xbox 360 AND the Xbox 360 ROD!

Iceman_ wrote:

Congratulations, it seems the xboxers finally found 1 flaw on 1 playstation that they can try to harass. As for costumer service, it's been over a year since my friend got his PS3. There was a slight fault and he got a new one for free.

I can think of more than a couple flaws with the PS3, but lets not turn this into a console war.

Have you actually had to deal with Microsoft customer service? I once had a problem with the disc tray not opening properly on the Xbox, and sometimes scratching the discs that I put in. So I called up Microsoft, and of course I get some Indian dude that barely speaks any English, he called himself Kenny Rodgers. Yeah, ironic, right?

Here's a short summary of the conversation.

Microsoft "May I have your name?"
      Me: "What?"
      Micro: "Your name. What is it?"
      Me: "Could you say that more clearly, I'm having a hard time hearing you."
      Micro "Y-O-U-R N-AAAAAAAA-M-E
      Me "Oh, it's Drew, and yes you may call me that"

Then I gave him the serial number on the Xbox, which of course took about 20 minutes.

Micro: "Ok, I'm going to try and help you fix the problem over the phone."
      Me: "Huh? What? Yeah, sure ok." ( I didn't understand him, so I just gave a generic response haha)
      Micro: "Have you tried pushing the eject button to get the disc out, and pushing the button again to close it?"
      Me: "OH MY GOD! THIS ENTIRE TIME I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CLOSE IT WITH MY BRAIN WAVES!"
      Micro: "No need to get rude sir."
      Me: "GO TO HELL!"

I sold the Xbox on craigslist, I advertised it as "Xbox needing some customer service work from Microdick! Warrenty still active! Must have more patience with people than me!"

I used the money to buy a new Xbox haha

adamEcstacy wrote:

Shit. I don't care about the tiny flaws.

I bought a PS3 for the graphics. I could care less about anything else because all the games I want are on PS3.

So if you had say.... A tube TV..Like a normal old but new TV. Not HD or LCD or anything.. Nice massive tube TV. Still think your reason is going to apply? Lol. Maybe not.

crazyemoguy wrote:

Lol, matt you love console wars, and playstation faults are rare in comparison to 360
      Heeeeeeeyyyyyy :( Don't bully me.. I was only being informative! Lol, Anyways I don't like get a fuss with 360 vs PS3.. I mean I may seem it, and I may talk about it a lot but at the end of the day I don't mind owning a PS3 for certain reasons, I just like to contribute ^^

DamnImGood wrote:

The way you treat people on the phone.

Dealing with "some Indian dude that barely speaks any English" may not be the best part of your day, but he's just doing his job, and if you knew anything about technical support, you would know they have to follow a set of instructions and guidelines when helping people. It may suck, but it's not their fault.

Lastly, telling someone to go to hell when you called them just reeks of ignorance and arrogance.

Just sounds like you were toying with him because you couldn't understand what he was saying, and taking cheap, stereotypical shots at Microsoft (seriously, Microdick? Be a little more original). Aka, you were making fun of him. Aka, you're an asshole.

Lol. That's actually true. I <3 MS Support. The only service besides my bank I've spoke to over the phone and I've always gained what I needed help with.

DamnImGood wrote:

I'm not even trying to support Microsoft's technical support, and I've had my issues before, too, but I would never tell someone to go to hell when they're just trying to do their jobs, and trying to poke fun at them because of their accent.

Never was I "poking fun at his accent." I couldn't understand him because he barely spoke any English. That actually had nothing to do with why I don't like Microsoft customer support.

That little snippet was only a fraction of what was said. The entire time I was getting angrier and angrier, and I snapped. I'm not proud that I snapped, nor do I think that it was justified, but I stand with what I said.

Note, I called back a few hours later, got a different guy, had an even deeper accent, and I got everything set up within about 45 minutes.

The previous guy didn't understand English, he was playing music very loudly in the background, and he wouldn't turn it down. I've had MULTIPLE encounters with Microsoft customer support, and believe me, there have been situations much worse than that. The last guy that I talked to, he was easily the best customer service that I have ever received.

I will tell you this right now. There is no way in hell that the question "Have you tried using the eject button?" is on a guide that they have to follow. He also said it in a very sarcastic, smart-ass tone.

I have nothing against customer service people, it's the way many of them conduct themselves on the phone that I have a problem with.

Mattster wrote:

So if you had say.... A tube TV..Like a normal old but new TV. Not HD or LCD or anything.. Nice massive tube TV. Still think your reason is going to apply? Lol. Maybe not.

I don't have a massive tube TV. I have a massive HDTV, so I don't have a problem.

And no use trying to apply hypothetics to this situation because I don't care about the possibilities. I like what I have, and there's no reason for me to worry.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Jukey123 wrote:

Ohmy god

one guy gets a yellow light so lets diss the ps3

sad!

Xbox 360 is a bag of shit, the red light district

Well, in the red-light district, are the products, core, or elite?
      Teenager looking to make easy money online?

Check that link out! I'm positive you'll be satisfied =)

Jukey123 wrote:

Ohmy god

one guy gets a yellow light so lets diss the ps3

sad!

Xbox 360 is a bag of shit, the red light district
      HAHA LMAO! Red Light District, you tell any average "I love fucking girls" or anything That the Red Light District is shit and you'd be laughed at and asked if you was gay or something. Lmao, And to be honest just because 1 guy posts a video doesn't mean no one else gets it, I just found that video the funniest because of Customer Service to. Honestly, The 360 doesn't even suck you've heard too many stories and sound ignorant about if something goes wrong.

Drew93 wrote:

Well, in the red-light district, are the products, core, or elite?
      Zee Core.

DamnImGood wrote:

The way you treat people on the phone.

Dealing with "some Indian dude that barely speaks any English" may not be the best part of your day, but he's just doing his job, and if you knew anything about technical support, you would know they have to follow a set of instructions and guidelines when helping people. It may suck, but it's not their fault.

Lastly, telling someone to go to hell when you called them just reeks of ignorance and arrogance.

Just sounds like you were toying with him because you couldn't understand what he was saying, and taking cheap, stereotypical shots at Microsoft (seriously, Microdick? Be a little more original). Aka, you were making fun of him. Aka, you're an asshole.

F$CK outsourcing.
      "so, if you want to solve a real mystery, go ahead and figure out who's taking my NY Times every Sunday, or, better yet, how about why anybody on the planet actually thinks Dane Cook is funny" ~~~~ Dr.Cox

The PS3 has way less faults than Microsoft does and Microsoft support blaming the customer for the faulty 360. All my friends bar 2 have had their 360's break all for no reason, like mine did. And none of my friends/family who have PS3's had, had theirs broken.

And why did you think Microsoft had to extend warranty, they definatly did not want to as it cost them a lot of money to do so.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Lol thats what i mean we don't ever have to call tech support because our shit doesn't break.

Also matt im waiting for your natal reply.
      [SIZE=4]

Jesus Christ;1624368 wrote:

Dresden, You want to prove that you are better than a non white person? Get the fuck out of your mom's basement, go outside, get a job and make your life worth something.
      [/SIZE]

Hmm...first off the PS3 and Xbox 360 grapics are almost identical. When their analyzed with a computer the PS3 is slightly better, but not enough that your average person would notice.

Second...that three year warranty on the Xbox only covers 3 red lights. That being said...that is the most common problem. And yes there were overheating issues on the first models but they resolved that pretty quickly.
      The Xbox is a computer. Would you set up your desktop crammed in with other things like a DVD player and cable box, in a onfined cabinet somewhere under a hot TV? I wouldn't...but people do, and then complain about heat issues.

Anyway...as far as customer support goes I've had to send mine in, but it was no problem. I called em up, didn't pay attention to automated thing and got right to a person. Name and serial number, I told em I did the trouble shooting stuff on the website. He set up the repair stuff and I was done. I printed the shipping label and was good to go.
      I had to send it in cuz my brother dropped it repeatedly...so I guess it was my fault but shush don't tell anyone. =]
      Oh and they extended the warraty for a year after I got it back. =]

I don't have a PS3 but from what I hear if you're out of the warranty you're pretty much screwed.
      I didn't have any luck with customer support for my PSP either...

kite114 wrote:

Lol thats what i mean we don't ever have to call tech support because our shit doesn't break.

Also matt im waiting for your natal reply.

BadaBing wrote:

The PS3 has way less faults than Microsoft does and Microsoft support blaming the customer for the faulty 360. All my friends bar 2 have had their 360's break all for no reason, like mine did. And none of my friends/family who have PS3's had, had theirs broken.

And why did you think Microsoft had to extend warranty, they definatly did not want to as it cost them a lot of money to do so.

lol
      yeah i'm using that picture again... my 360 red ringed like twice, i called them and they told me it expired. i call back two weeks later they told me again it expired last week.... microsoft customer support has illegal immigrants who know nothing about video games working the phones